The Case For 12 Wins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If everything comes together on defense and the offense is middle of the NFL, they could win a lot of games and maybe even get into the playoffs. But 12 wins is some rarefied air man.

I mean anything's possible, but...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUu9nzOWh9w

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Still too early for me to have any kind of blind optimism, we haven't even had the draft. Let's at least see them practice together.
Yep! Workouts start next week, let's at least see those before we speculate!!(y);):D

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Hey...can we link this thread to the "Marijuana" thread?

Just kiddin...

Tops I could see is 10 wins, under ideal circumstances, such as very few injuries.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
i used to smoke that shit too, that's ^^ why i quite.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
There's just something about him that turns me off. Maybe it's the slender build, or the small hands. How bad could Goff be? At least he represents hope.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Hoping for more than 8-8, so it ends the streak of non-winning seasons.
Realistically, how many games were close that we lost due to coaching decisions, should answer the expectations.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
No. No. No. No.
Where I'm from a Case has 24 beers in it, not 12.

The only way I can get on board with the OP is if I stretch this regular season win count over 2 years.
10-6 this year, 14-2 next year.

Cheers.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
1) Coaching - Most of us who follow the NFL know that coaching plays a bigger role in game outcomes in the NFL more than any other sport, and it isn't even close. Next to a great QB, good to great coaching is the single most important factor in a team's success. Not just teaching, but leading, inspiring, talent evaluation, game planning, and game adjustments. We might just be going from among the worst at each of these (with the exception of loyalty, I suppose) to among the best. Certainly, offensively and defensively it might not be a small upgrade, but a seismic one at the single biggest determinate of success, next to...

2) QB - Let's not get it twisted. Jared Goff might be the real deal. He might not, of course, but he also might. Deep insight, I know. The story always seems to be, yeah, he had the worst offensive coaching, protection, and weapons in the league, more or less, but wow, he sure did struggle when he played. Um...Well....You see.....Read that again, dummies! Now, will the protection magically become top tier? No. But if it is decent, and if the Whitworth domino really takes effect and the coaching really improves thing, and Goff's second year really brings maturity and understanding, well, hey, second year's for good QBs can be a beautiful thing. Why not Goff, I ask? Really, why not Goff? Well, that brings us to...

3) Weapons - Gurley is fine. I have no questions about him. None. Can you imagine Tavon contributing to the passing game because we finally have a real offensive mind? Imagine!!! Higbee? Why not? Look, it is not going to be the '85 Dolphins, but it might be good enough to get out of the bottom third of the league, especially if #1 & #2 above are legit. Which leaves us with...

4) Defense - Again, coaching. Oh, and ridiculous talent all over the place. And if you add a glimpse of hope that the offense will actually score more than once and not go three and out every other time in order to highlight Hekker's brilliance, they may actually play with more of a purpose for 60 entire minutes.

Again, I say with a HUGE upgrade in coaching across the board (not only realistic, but expected), a legit jump from Goff (very possible, if not necessarily a given), and a dominate defense (with that front 7 - 6 first round talents and a 2nd rounder!!!! maybe the best player in football!!! - why not?), I say 12 wins is within the realm of dreams and reality.

5) For those still doubting this, I refer you back to 1999. And in this case we don't even need to rely on an out of the blue former stock boy, we can just count on the best QB from his draft class fulfilling his potential.

Now, it is time to watch the Giants start their path back to the World Series.

Totally different now, vs 1999.
But, what the heck......... here's to hoping!!