The Bennett brothers, unplugged

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/page/2/

Michael Bennett may have some more apologizing to do.

The Seahawks defensive end, who made waves with critical public comments of Cam Newtonfor which Bennett later apologized privately, gave an extended interview (along with his brother, Patriots tight end Martellus Bennett) to Mina Kimes of ESPN The Magazine. The entire article should be read. Appearing below are some of the comments others most likely to generate laughter, provoke thought, and/or prompt one brother or the other (or both) to issue an apology.

Martellus, on a visit to the house of Cowboys owner Jerry Jones: “Once you get rich, you start collecting weird sh-t like silverware.” (Martellus and Michael both said, simultaneously, that they would collect people — for blood transfusions and kidney transplants.)

Martellus, on former teammate and Cowboys TE Jason Witten: “I hated Jason Witten. I appreciated his game, but I always hated him.”

Michael, on his willingness to be blunt: “I’m not gonna go up there and give a Russell Wilson answer.” (Michael’s criticism of Newton implicitly criticized Wilson, since Michael was calling out players who take big dollars but remain silent on social causes.)

Michael, on Bears quarterback Jay Cutler: “Worst quarterback in the NFL.”

Martellus, on Cutler: “I’d be open and he’d throw into double coverage.”

Martellus, on Giants QB Eli Manning: “He’s like a normal white guy you see at the park trying to teach his kids how to play soccer and you know he can’t really play soccer himself.”

Michael, on the lack of prominent players taking leadership of the union: “In the NBA, LeBron James, Chris Paul . . . they’re at the forefront. There’s no Peyton Manning standing up for the rest of the players. He’s a great player, but what has he done for the league?”

Martellus, on Rams coach Jeff Fisher: “If a QB went 7-9, he’d never be able to find a job.”

Michael, on Fisher: “Make sure he’s in the NFC West.”

Michael, on Commissioner Roger Goodell: “A–hole. Nah, I’m just joking — you can’t say that. Overpaid.”

Martellus, on Texans defensive end J.J. Watt: “Corny. Half of the NFL is corny, though.”

Michael, on Watt: “People love J.J. Watt, but they don’t really like J.J. Watt, know what I’m saying?”

And, lastly, when Michael is asked what he grows in the garden at his house in Hawaii, Marcellus leans in and drops the name of a presidential candidate.

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah. I get that you want to prop people up for "speaking their mind" and whatnot. I really get that. There is nothing wrong with blunt honesty. But why can't anyone who is "bluntly honest" ever have a shred of intelligence to go along with it?

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
(Martellus) His opinion on Eli Manning is way off, other than that their honesty is actually refreshing.

TXRams86

The Infamous
Seems that article left out this gem:

On Sam Bradford:
Michael: "The greatest quarterback in the NFL."

Martellus: "Vicious. Competitive."

Michael: "A real Joe Montana."

:flanders:

fearsomefour

Legend
Honesty is fine.
But, this stuff is just their opinion.
They come off as petty and attention seeking.
Tweeting out that Osweiler has completed fewer balls than you've caught....ok.
Is that supposed to be edgy? Wow, what a bad ass, talking crap about a QB. Dumb. If Osweiler ends up being an average QB his value will be multitudes of any TE, let alone and B grade one like Bennett.
These two seem like they want to be the Steven A Smith of the NFL. If someone calls them on some of their BS will be willing to bet they would play the race card somewhere.
Oh well, so be it. Being abnoxious does mean it is interesting. Being honest is great, just, you know, have something to say.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Did Bennett cry again about not making $18m per year?

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Used to like Michael Bennet and usually he's intelligent but wtf do u expect fisher and the rams to do with the that roster ? Sorry fish didn't walk into a goldmine like Pete Carroll

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Seriously...funny stuff...people say Belichick is boring...then you get these two, and you don't like what they say? Really? I only started watching GoT because of one of them...and some guys on a Dodgers blog said it's pretty good...Nothing better than some personality.... I liked the Raiders a lil because of John Matusak, Casper, and Stabler...I liked Dan Pastorini...and Bum Philips....I like substance...the Bennett's have some..
Sorry fish didn't walk into a goldmine like Pete Carroll
Carroll and that GM (Schinieder?) built that team...in their own image...just like Snisher...Not a Goldmine...a dumpster-fire...and then pulled of the steal of the last 20 drafts...or 18...When did the Pats grab Brady?

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Honesty is fine.
But, this stuff is just their opinion.
They come off as petty and attention seeking.
Tweeting out that Osweiler has completed fewer balls than you've caught....ok.
Is that supposed to be edgy? Wow, what a bad ass, talking crap about a QB. Dumb. If Osweiler ends up being an average QB his value will be multitudes of any TE, let alone and B grade one like Bennett.
These two seem like they want to be the Steven A Smith of the NFL. If someone calls them on some of their BS will be willing to bet they would play the race card somewhere.
Oh well, so be it. Being abnoxious does mean it is interesting. Being honest is great, just, you know, have something to say.
^ This x100 likes. It is not "refreshing" to tear down a bunch of other guys doing their best in your profession. These clowns need to check themselves. Spend a little more time getting better at your craft. Neither one of you are "the best" at what you do. Do you see Aaron Donald tearing guys down?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can't stand either of these average idiots. Michael was held out of the majority of practice by Petey after starting a fight.

Name
rick
Bennett can talk about the Rams and Fisher all he wants. We will continue to OWN your ass!!! (3-1 vs. Sea last 2 years, 2-0 last year). So yeah, we'll accept your constructive criticism, we DO have to get better against the rest of the schedule, you're right. But in the meantime we will continue to OWN you and your teams ASSES, starting Sept. 18. Carry on Douchebag and keep that race card handy and at the ready to pull out when the inevitable backlash against your crass, classless behavior comes. Loser.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Seriously...funny stuff...people say Belichick is boring...then you get these two, and you don't like what they say? Really? I only started watching GoT because of one of them...and some guys on a Dodgers blog said it's pretty good...Nothing better than some personality.... I liked the Raiders a lil because of John Matusak, Casper, and Stabler...I liked Dan Pastorini...and Bum Philips....I like substance...the Bennett's have some..
Carroll and that GM (Schinieder?) built that team...in their own image...just like Snisher...Not a Goldmine...a dumpster-fire...and then pulled of the steal of the last 20 drafts...or 18...When did the Pats grab Brady?

Your totally right , for some reason I thought carrol came on once they had lunch and some of the defenders in place. Anyways too harsh on fisher not many coaches would of done much more with those guys ..team is totally different now and so is their approach in the off-season