The "Battle for LA"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
You know before the season we discussed this and what amazed me was that anyone in the media actually thought a mediocre Chargers roster with a mid thirties QB and a new coaching staff headed by a questionable hire would win. And what was more frustrating was the constant and what so many of us saw as unfair bashing of Goff, Gurley, and some other players on this roster, not to mention our young HC.

Now, I'm often wrong on things as a fan, admittedly. But man did I see that one correctly. And after watching Vinny and some others sucking up to the broke @$$ Spanos family (and puking shortly thereafter) to include all the preseason garbage media takes where they don't bother to analyze a full roster, it sure feels good to see things turning out the way it is right now.

Here's hoping these sorry media clowns continue their ignorance. This week is going to be enjoyable watching these morons go from spin control on their BS takes to overhype of the team as we know they will. And again I hope McVay keeps this team grounded, and I think he will, because they're not at the point yet where they can get all cocky and read their press clippings.

EDIT: Oh and one more thing... After this one watch and see what the Coliseum looks like next Sunday. Spanos is going to be crapping his man diapers.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The reports I saw were that most of the fans in the stadium were Eagle fans. The Chargers are now 0-4, and serving as a chance for out of town fans to see their team on the road. Even without the Rams, that's not winning the battle for LA.

Now, since the Rams are showing themselves to be one of the better teams in the league, with an exciting young QB and an excellent very young HC, the battle for LA is turning into a rout.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
It's not a battle. This is simply the Rams taking the Chargers out back, beating them into a pulp, kicking their dicks so far up that they become vaginas, and then slaughtering them like cattle.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
It's not a battle. This is simply the Rams taking the Chargers out back, beating them into a pulp, kicking their dicks so far up that they become vaginas, and then slaughtering them like cattle.
Damn, Girl! You don't hold back, do you?

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
The reports I saw were that most of the fans in the stadium were Eagle fans. The Chargers are now 0-4, and serving as a chance for out of town fans to see their team on the road. Even without the Rams, that's not winning the battle for LA.

Now, since the Rams are showing themselves to be one of the better teams in the league, with an exciting young QB and an excellent very young HC, the battle for LA is turning into a rout.
I didn't watch a lot of this game, but I did see Rivers have to call a timeout because the Chargers couldn't hear. Ouch.

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
Rams are on rise. Young QB, RB. Brilliant young head coach.

Chargers just interfering. GTFO and go back to SD.

KDS73

Rookie
For the most part, california sports fans are fickle. They'll jump on the bandwagon of whichever team is winning at the time. Nobody in cali wore a golden state warriors jersey 10 years ago. Now they're all fans. :LOL:

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROGER GOODELL was there in the stands to witness it first hand. Maybe something is up with the league rethinking this?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Even without the Rams, that's not winning the battle for LA.

No it isn't, winning brings in fans. You have to be competetive even in the large markets.

I bet tickets to see the Giants (and probably Jets too) are easy to come by these days. And cheap.

And I bet the people who dropped major coin on PSL's are rethinking that purchase like 49ers fans are HAHAHA.

For the most part, california sports fans are fickle. They'll jump on the bandwagon of whichever team is winning at the time. Nobody in cali wore a golden state warriors jersey 10 years ago. Now they're all fans.

This is true of almost any fanbase in any sport. Games cost a lot of money, especially football games. So if you aren't winning the casual fan doesn't care.

And 6 years ago you could find Warriors gear on clearance racks. I'm from CLE..........I remember going to games with 8000 fans and at least half of the luxury boxes empty and dark.

ROGER GOODELL was there in the stands to witness it first hand. Maybe something is up with the league rethinking this?

If they give in and negotiate a way back to SD that's a cave-in for the NFL that they cannot afford. And it opens the door for the Raiders to LA.

The Chargers are going to ride this out because Spanos is going to be making more money than he was in SD in a couple of years. He's prbably making the same amount now.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Eagles wr Mack Hollis tweeted that the victory today was another great win at home. Haha.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
A thought came to mind.

Spanos may be as hated as Modell was, which I thought I would never see in my lifetime. He's for sure at least pretty close because out of the entire SD market/fan base, which is only a two hour drive essentially to the LA area, seemingly none the fans from SD are buying tickets and going to games.

I get it that wealthy people don't "care" maybe, and most all of the owners don't "care", but I can't imagine how I would feel if I was widely loathed by literally hundreds of thousands of people and was constantly reading things about me that were negative and harsh and hateful. That must be a really strange thing for him to wake up to every morning, knowing and entire city hates his guts.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes, some fans are Bandwagon...even many of them just want in on the excitement. Teams NEED them as well and it's just hardcore fans like us that despise them. But right now there are kids growing up watching the horns and are blown away with what Todd Gurley is doing...Jared Goff is becoming a star to them. Rams need to win the NFC West..and then do it again over and over..win a few Super Bowls. The Rams will own SoCal for decades and those kids will endure the bad times because of what they remember as kids...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A thought came to mind.

Spanos may be as hated as Modell was, which I thought I would never see in my lifetime. He's for sure at least pretty close because out of the entire SD market/fan base, which is only a two hour drive essentially to the LA area, seemingly none the fans from SD are buying tickets and going to games.

I get it that wealthy people don't "care" maybe, and most all of the owners don't "care", but I can't imagine how I would feel if I was widely loathed by literally hundreds of thousands of people and was constantly reading things about me that were negative and harsh and hateful. That must be a really strange thing for him to wake up to every morning, knowing and entire city hates his guts.
*no sympathy

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
There was less than 20,000 at the Stub Hub, and most were Eagle fans. 2 airplanes trailing anti Spanos banners flying around the stadium all during the game, with Commish Goodell in the stands witnessing it all..............

And they still don't get it.

100$$ to park

cheapest seat 180$$ for their next game (Broncos)

0-4 after 1/4 of the season.

Chargers and Spanos are the laughing stock of the NFL. Nothing he can do now to change that image. His best bet is to sell the team.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For LA Ram fans, the collapse of the "LA" Chargers would be the best thing possible. I ALWAYS hated having another team in LA besides the Rams...Raiders..the hate is understandable. The massive Chargers fail in LA, will discourage any other team from replacing them in Inglewood..Les seems to think they will break the already ongoing move to Las Vegas..I don't think so. I think the Raiders want supremacy in a open market, just as we should....They will have a brand new stadium to boot in a very fun visiting stadium for every fan in the NFL. Chargers could go back to San Diego, London, San Antonio...not that I care.I just hope they crater big time, and get the f*ck out.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
*no sympathy

None from me either, he's despicable.

Les seems to think they will break the already ongoing move to Las Vegas..I don't think so. I think the Raiders want supremacy in a open market

The NFL has a habit of breaking it's word, it's own rules, and contracts don't mean much either. I'm not saying that the Raiders WILL move I'm saying that it leaves the possibility open. If the Chargers do move back it'll take something monumental because Spanos is poised to make a lot of money when the new stadium opens.

I don't know how good of a market Las Vegas is going to be, I can't figure it. There is less competition but also football fans who already have a team since it's a transplant area and there are less than 2MIL people in the metro area. It could be tricky and Davis may decide LA is better with a built in fan base.