Thanksgiving Games Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With all the draft capital they put in to Goff, sticking with him over Keenum was a no-brainer.
It was also a classy move to allow Keenum a chance to start somewhere.

They knew they were going with Goff this year 100%.
But why not have a franchise QB behind Goff just in case (if they believed him to be, that is)? He had no market as a starting QB when he left the Rams, for whatever reason.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And yet we need to feature Everett more who's catching the same percentage of targets :)

My point is always the same in the Higbee bashing segments. Let the kid figure it out and get coached quit trying to replace him after 10 games.

I'm just expressing my frustration with him. It's like we're watching Jared cook out there. Just want him to make a play with a defender applying pressure because he's never really out in the open too often.

Last edited:

MarkMyWords

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mark
Al must be mistaken! He just told us a young TE not named Higbee led the league in drops.

I think Jared Cook just spells his name differently this year...... E N G R A M.... (or is it that Cook just drops the important ones and Engram drops everything?)

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm just expressing my frustration with him. It's like we're watching Jared cook out there. Just want him to make a play with a defender applying pressure because he's never really out in the open too often.

If Higbee is still doing this after being in the league 6 years then yeah I'm with you. Guys had 10 games of quality NFL coaching. He's got to unlearn what he was taught last year.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Higbee is still doing this after being in the league 6 years then yeah I'm with you. Guys had 10 games of quality NFL coaching. He's got to unlearn what he was taught last year.
C'mon bro, I'm the Roberto Duran of NFL Wide Receivers! Hands of Stone!
~Higbee

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But why not have a franchise QB behind Goff just in case (if they believed him to be, that is)? He had no market as a starting QB when he left the Rams, for whatever reason.

We already had Mannion. Why use the roster spot on a #3 QB?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We already had Mannion. Why use the roster spot on a #3 QB?
Precisely...But I was responding to the supposition by Soul Surfer that the reason why Snead didn't want to keep a franchise QB like Keenum was that the Rams were all in on Goff...IF Keenum was a franchise QB with the Rams and Snead knew this, how could he give him up when Goff had proven nothing in the NFL before PreSeason? Why keep Mannion and dump Keenum if he was considered a franchise QB?

The answer is, Snead didn't consider Keenum a franchise QB. He was a good back up QB, and Mannion could be that guy too with possibly more upside...

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Precisely...But I was responding to the supposition by Soul Surfer that the reason why Snead didn't want to keep a franchise QB like Keenum was that the Rams were all in on Goff...IF Keenum was a franchise QB with the Rams and Snead knew this, how could he give him up when Goff had proven nothing in the NFL before PreSeason? Why keep Mannion and dump Keenum if he was considered a franchise QB?

The answer is, Snead didn't consider Keenum a franchise QB. He was a good back up QB, and Mannion could be that guy too with possibly more upside...

Agreed. And Keenum is not a franchise QB imo.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I hope case makes a mint from his good season this year. He deserves it.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
two words for Case Keenum - Brock Osweiller .... hope Case makes a fuck ton of money ... because he will revert to form at some point ..(throw in a matt cassell or any other QB thats had one good year )

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
two words for Case Keenum - Brock Osweiller .... hope Case makes a freak ton of money ... because he will revert to form at some point ..(throw in a matt cassell or any other QB thats had one good year )
Brock Osweiler was playing for a Super Bowl team and Matt Cassel was playing for the Patriots.

I'm not sure we can put the Vikings in that category yet.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There are a lot of different definitions of "franchise quarterback".

So far Keenum proves that he can be a winner.

That's pretty good.

He has a 16-17 record as a starter. Being a "winner" doesn't make a guy a franchise QB. Being a good QB makes a guy a franchise QB.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
He has a 16-17 record as a starter.
It's a team game.

Being a winner doesn't make you a franchise quarterback?
Like I said, there are a lot of different definitions of a franchise quarterback.

Archie Manning was a franchise quarterback but he didn't win squat.

The story is not over on The Whipping Boy of the moment Case Keenum because that has yet to be written.
I'm not like you guys ....I can't predict the future. :D

Last edited: