Thanksgiving Games Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Scirca

Rookie
I have been critical of Case Keenum, but he is playing really well. He is looking like Dak Prescott of last year.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Sure he’s decent this year. He isn’t a 7-10 starter though.
Don't you think you look a little silly criticizing Case Keenum at this point?

The guy has done everything asked of him in very difficult circumstances while getting jacked around by teams.

What you were looking at was a huge fault in Fisher and his idea of an offense not any kind of a fault In Case Keenum.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Dude!
I didn't know you could read the future....

Will you go with me to Vegas? :D
Sorry, but his arm strength is only going to get weaker as time goes on. He can’t make the big boy throws. The offense is perfect for him. But he will have to lead his team from a deficit at some point.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
His arm strength is going to get weaker?

That's almost funny man.

I have always said that the key to using Case Keenum is designing the correct offense around him.

And then guess what happens?
HE WINS.
I understand that you're trying to stick with whatever theory you had about Keenum in the past to prove your point but the proof is right in front of your eyes.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
His arm strength is going to get weaker?

That's almost funny man.

I have always said that the key to using Case Keenum is designing the correct offense around him.

And then guess what happens?
HE WINS.
I understand that you're trying to stick with whatever theory you had about Keenum in the past to prove your point but the proof is right in front of your eyes.
Yes. As he gets older it’s going to diminish more then it is. What QB in history has been long tenured with very below average arm strength? You can’t consistently win with a guy like that. No doubt he’s a smart guy, but you won’t win a shootout with him. Once he’s put in that situation when he needs to stretch the field, his true colors will show.

The Redskins game is a perfect example.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sorry, but his arm strength is only going to get weaker as time goes on. He can’t make the big boy throws. The offense is perfect for him. But he will have to lead his team from a deficit at some point.
There is a reason that Les Snead did not re-sign him as the primary backup, in favor of Sean Mannion. There was no proof last summer that Goff would be anything but a bust, and there was also no proof that Keenum was anything but a back-up QB who had been benched for Goff. Mannion had to be considered a guy with more upside than Keenum.

The rest of the NFL thought the same way, because not one signed him to be a starting QB.

I will say it again, that I like Keenum. He is a scrappy positive try-hard guy. He is also a limited QB, who is being made to look better by two great WR's in Minnesota AND he has been rarely pressured to show the Rams version of Keenum. He is doing good in this scheme....But again, I guess what we'll really see what the Vikings think of him next year. Keenum or Bridgewater or Bradford? If Keenum is a franchise QB, then the Vikings will jettison Bradford or Bridgewater...Especially Bridgewater, who has not shown anything but flashes of talent and unavailability due to injury. Bradford? Why would you go back to him when he is injured all of the time?

Last edited:

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
This is Keenum’s 33rd career start - or two full seasons worth. He’s absolutely still got room to improve.

And to the poster who said he doesn’t make big boy throws... that TD to Rudolph was as clutch as it gets.

Scirca

Rookie
Man I wish our TE's were decent and our WR's could make clutch catches. WE SHOULD HAVE BEAT THE VIKINGS. FUCK! Why can't I get over the Vikings game?!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It hurts, but I'm going for the Vikes. Since the Vikes won last week, they have a big edge for playoff seedings over Rams. So, I'm thinking it's better to knock the Lions backwards at this point. Hope I'm thinking straight here...

That's what I am thinking.

Lions, Atlanta, Seattle... all fighting for Wild Card. All with 6 wins. Can't root for those teams in case we need a WC spot.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
This is Keenum’s 33rd career start - or two full seasons worth. He’s absolutely still got room to improve.

And to the poster who said he doesn’t make big boy throws... that TD to Rudolph was as clutch as it gets.
I feel like people forget how amazing Bradford looked in the first game. This Vikings team is awesome. Every position is top tier. Yes, it was a good throw. But he lobbed it up to a wide open guy.

You just don’t go from team to team in a 5 year span and the lights all of a sudden turn on and start flashing. This mindset that players are going to defy all odds are a little out of control. The chances of Case becoming a successful QB for a long is is slim to none.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Vikings need to win so they keep the firm hold their division lead. They just need to get beat up a bit.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I feel like people forget how amazing Bradford looked in the first game. This Vikings team is awesome. Every position is top tier. Yes, it was a good throw. But he lobbed it up to a wide open guy.

You just don’t go from team to team in a 5 year span and the lights all of a sudden turn on and start flashing. This mindset that players are going to defy all odds are a little out of control. The chances of Case becoming a successful QB for a long is is slim to none.
That's true but you should keep playing him while he's hot. He's done a good job extending plays, situations where Bradford would have taken a sack. Honestly, I think we would have won last week if Bradford played. Bradford wouldn't have slipped past Donald or Barwin.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Yes. As he gets older it’s going to diminish more then it is.
When I say it's funny I mean it's like a no duh statement.

That may be why contracts are four, five, six years and not 10 years because everybody skills diminish at a different rate.

I don't know anybody who is trying to put a team together to win that's worried about what's going to happen 10 years from now.

And with a guy like Case Keenum you have no idea what other aspects of his game might improve in that same time period.

Keep selling him short if that's your thing.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
People selling him short is nothing new to Case Keenum.
He said that's one of the things that drives him.
They said he was too short, they said he didn't have the arm strength, they said he didn't have prototype this, he didn't have prototype that.
Teams were thinking of him as just an emergency backup and he was bee- bopping all over the league.

Those days are obviously over.

Really the only way he could fail is if he gets signed by a half-wit like Fisher that doesn't know how to design a offense that fits around the quarterbacks abilities....

Which is, by the way, what they do with every successful quarterback.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
People selling him short is nothing new to Case Keenum.
He said that's one of the things that drives him.
They said he was too short, they said he didn't have the arm strength, they said he didn't have prototype this, he didn't have prototype that.
Teams were thinking of him as just an emergency backup and he was bee- bopping all over the league.

Those days are obviously over.

Really the only way he could fail is if he gets signed by a half-wit like Fisher that doesn't know how to design a offense that fits around the quarterbacks abilities....

Which is, by the way, what they do with every successful quarterback.

This is all BS, my friend. What the Vikings do this off-season will say everything about Case Keenum. IF they choose Bridgewater or Bradford over him, they are saying he is not good enough. This will be the last I say to you about this because we both absolutely believe what we believe.

btw...QB needy teams grasping for a life line will pick Keenum from the Vikes if he is available, because they are desperate..THAT is no indicator of anything. It's what the Vikes do that matters.