Thank you Mr. Fisher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackStraw

Rookie
But I will say this. Some are giving Fisher too much credit for too many Ram draft picks. Snead should be getting the lions share of the credit, especially after the 3rd round and the UDFA’s.
I'm fairly confident that Tru was 100% a Fisher pick

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Fisher laid a good foundation, I always said that's what he was doing but we'd need a younger, more offensive minded coach to get us over the hump (I also keyed in on Sean McVay very early, well before Fisher was fired, but that's just my little humble brag).

The only thing I'm not sold on is that Fisher is the one that really wanted Goff. We heard a lot of stories saying that they were split on who to take, and given that Fisher was fired and Snead stayed, that makes me think that Snead is the one that wanted Goff and made it happen. Wentz was always more of a Fisher type QB, but who knows.

Either way, I don't discount what Fisher did for this team.
I don't agree on the Goff statement, they may have both wanted Goff, but I know Fisher wanted him. I think Fisher was able to pick, or have veto rights, the first couple picks of every draft. I remember how booming he was about Tavon Austin, and Snead didn't seem as sold. In any case, a lot of the picks turned out pretty darn good.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-is-eyeing-several-teams-are-they-eyeing-him/

Jeff Fisher is “eyeing” several teams; are they eyeing him?
Posted by Mike Florio on December 20, 2017

612052510-e1513785603929.jpg

Getty Images

When the coaching carousel begins to spin in 12 days, a guy who has coached 348 regular-season and postseason games will be looking for a chance to grab a brass ring.

Jeff Fisher made it clear during the final episode of this year’s Hard Knocks series that he wants “to get back on the sideline” in 2018. More recently, Mike Jurecki of 98.7 FM reported that Fisher “could be eyeing” the Browns, Bears, and Colts.

The real question is whether the Browns, Bears, Colts, or any other team could be eyeing Fisher. The success of the Rams in his absence — and the thriving of three former Fisher quarterbacks (Jared Goff, Case Keenum, and at least for one week Nick Foles) — will make it a much harder sell. Balancing that out is the experience factor, along with a relationship with the league office that could put his team in position to win a few of the “jump balls” that the franchise currently can’t quite reach.

At this point, it’s probably smart to bet the under. But all it takes is one owner to decide that Fisher presents a better option than an unproven coordinator or a former head coach who hasn’t handled 348 games.

Said owner also would have to be unconcerned about the local reaction to hiring Fisher, who seemingly went from being viewed by most fans as adequate but mostly mediocre to horrible in the collapse that happened after the Rams opened 2016 with a 3-1 record. Given the manner in which social media mobilized to shout down Greg Schiano to Tennessee, NFL teams may be leery about having a similar outcome.

In this case, it actually may be better to roll the dice on an unknown commodity, because most fans will be of the opinion that, by hiring Fisher, the inevitable outcome is craps.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Going all out( and paying and paying a personal price) to draft Jared Goff
I think there is at least some wiggle room when it's said he went "all out". I've read various acocunts (all speculation) as to how much, if any, Fisher wanted Goff.

sometimes seemed over protective of guys who hadn't been producing in awhile.
His downfall was his pride. He ONLY wanted to do it his way
But Mcvay brings more than just great offensive strategy, it’s the self correction and humility, accountability of all coaches and players and how they can all work to get better each game.
This last quote... Yes... and this is why Fisher gets little credit from me.
It's like an accounting thing:
+ Credit: Some good draft picks
- Debit: Waste of at least three years failing with a roster that should have/could have made the playoffs
To me, the debit outweighs the credit here.
Proof? What McVay and Phillips have done... granted a few new pieces were brought in this year... but that's another thing Fisher swung and missed on - free agency.

Snead should be getting the lions share of the credit, especially after the 3rd round and the UDFA’s.
I can’t help but think Les Snead is a significant part as to why we have those players.
Snead and Demoff had a hand in it
.Johnny Hekker was all Snead !!
It was Also Mainly Snead who went with Greg the Leg.
We don't actually know if the draft picks was Snead or Fisher. We can sit here and speculate all day but we're completely in the dark when it comes to draft and FA picks in the FO.
This last quote... agree. Fact is... none of us really know who was the deciding vote or lobbied for one player or the other. So, Fisher doesn't get credit... he might get partial credit. BTW... I've had it said to me over the years... "how hard is it really to draft first rounders?"

At the time of his hire Fisher was widely viewed as the best candidate available, by far.
I concurred with that assessment and I bet nearly everyone on here did, too.
All I can tell you is that I, for one (and one of the very few) did not like the hire. I've mentioned it before... I checked his record (not impressive) , I checked what TENN fans had to say (mostly negative on him) and I remembered the character flaws he displayed after the Rams beat him in the Super Bowl.
Nope, I didn't want him... from day one.