TexasRam's O-line Grades - Game 1 Da Bears.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I for one am very happy that Brian Allen played a decent game and made the position a non-liability last night after it having been a huge hole in our OL for the last two seasons. He and Stafford were the two players that I was most interesting in watching last night, and neither disappointed.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Lastly it seemed like the Bears' game plan was to roll up tight and load it up in the box like teams have been doing the past couple years and they paid for that. If you play the 2021 Rams and key heavy on the run this QB will BBQ your ass over the top.
THIS^^^^^^^^^^^ plus a "You Damned Skippy!!! "

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Here is a Monday morning reply from my youtube shit talking account. apparently Havennstein has Bear fans
a bit frustrated
"Mack is done. Until proven otherwise I say Mack is washed up and doesn't even care. I see no power or explosiveness in him anymore. It just isn't there."

PARAM

Hall of Fame
That last drive. 70 yards. Hendo 7 carries for 50 yards, Michel 1 for 2. The O line was opening up holes all over the place and Chicago knew the Rams were running. Stafford 3 of 5 for 25 yards and a TD. Took over with 10:01 and scored with 3:17. Ate up 6:44 and iced the game.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Thank you TexasRam, I really love reading your Oline grade threads.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
That last drive. 70 yards. Hendo 7 carries for 50 yards, Michel 1 for 2. The O line was opening up holes all over the place and Chicago knew the Rams were running. Stafford 3 of 5 for 25 yards and a TD. Took over with 10:01 and scored with 3:17. Ate up 6:44 and iced the game.
The haven't done that since I don't know when. In the past when they had a Chance to put it away they never did and it seems our D would always need to make a stop at end of game.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Here is a Monday morning reply from my youtube shit talking account. apparently Havennstein has Bear fans
a bit frustrated
"Mack is done. Until proven otherwise I say Mack is washed up and doesn't even care. I see no power or explosiveness in him anymore. It just isn't there."
Havenstein has slayed the dragon! :clap:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

LA Rams boast PFF’s Top 5 OL and DL in week one of 2021 NFL season​

The football field at SoFi Stadium is the perfect stage for the LA Rams. Nestled amidst the site of the former Hollywood Park racetrack. The multi-year constructed architectural masterpiece cost well upwards of $5 billion to put into the ground. But the result is nothing short of spectacular.

The offense loves to attack defenses from sideline to sideline, and from the line of scrimmage to the end zone. The deep ball has returned to the Rams offensive arsenal, and it was readily on display as the team had two touchdown bombs of over 50+ yards from the line of scrimmage.

But it’s that line of scrimmage that is the focus of both the Rams offense and the defense. The contact point lies inches from either side of the football at each snap. The battle line where five percent of the storyline reaches the post-game writeups, and yet 95 percent of the real football action exists.

View: https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1438351972504121349?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1438351972504121349%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Framblinfan.com%2F2021%2F09%2F16%2Fla-rams-line-scrimmage-week-one-2021-nfl-season%2F

A small step for the LA Rams, a giant leap towards the Super Bowl​

For a team that opened the season with lots of questions about their defensive line and offensive line, perhaps the first game will calm some fears, assuage some concerns, quiet some skeptics. The LA Rams faced a pretty good defensive front when the Rams had the ball and surrendered just one quarterback sack. When the Bears had the ball, the LA Rams pass rush got to him three times. It was a good first step for both sides of the football. We thought so. Now Pro Football Focus confirms it.

The LA Rams lost starting center Austin Blythe, defensive lineman Michael Brockers, and rotational defensive lineman Morgan Fox in the offseason. That’s a tall stack of firepower to make up for in one season’s OTAs and training camp. Somehow, it appears that the Rams organization pulled it off somehow.

For defensive line coach Eric Henderson, the ability to lock-and-load each year is expected. His ability to coach up quality defensive linemen from the ranks of those that many other NFL teams completely overlook is nothing short of miraculous. But his counterpart, offensive line coach Kevin Carberry, is a bit of a surprise as he had just hired one with the Rams this year.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Fun read thx.

I am definitely impressed with Carberry. His lines produced in preseason vs better competition. And the first game was solid but also the OL took over the game late.

Lastly it seemed like the Bears' game plan was to roll up tight and load it up in the box like teams have been doing the past couple years and they paid for that. If you play the 2021 Rams and key heavy on the run this QB will BBQ your ass over the top.

So maybe that late game run surge was the Bears respecting the pass, idk. Either way a 20 point win margin in game one is a great start. :startstruck:
I was stunned that they stayed with that front. The one thing I was certain of was that teams would respect the pass game more and lighten those boxes. Strange Game plan by da pandas IMO...

Tano

Legend
The LA Rams lost starting center Austin Blythe, defensive lineman Michael Brockers, and rotational defensive lineman Morgan Fox in the offseason. That’s a tall stack of firepower to make up for in one season’s OTAs and training camp.
I said I need to get pass this but when I see a statement like this I just have to respond.

Austin Blythe = Firepower?

He got a below average pay from the KC Chiefs and is not starting

I would not call that firepower.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I said I need to get pass this but when I see a statement like this I just have to respond.

Austin Blythe = Firepower?

He got a below average pay from the KC Chiefs and is not starting

I would not call that firepower.
Well, the author looks to be vastly overestimating the "fire:fire1:power" that is contained in the physical body of Austin Blythe.

Now if I were forced to use that word in describing Austin Blythe skills I would be fine with attaching that to his :blub:Brain.

Maybe that's what the writer was referring too :thinking:but we don't know:not:.