Texans release Ryan Mallett

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

View: https://twitter.com/McClain_on_NFL/status/659041100498206720

The Houston Texans have decided to cut ties with their backup quarterback.

Ryan Mallett was released by the Texans on Tuesday, according to NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport.

Mallett's days in Houston were numbered after missing the team's charter flight to Miami and had to fly commercial to join the team on Sunday. Mallett told reporters after the game that he missed his flight after getting stuck in traffic.

Around The NFL will soon have more on this developing story.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000566848/article/houston-texans-release-qb-ryan-mallett

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig

View: https://twitter.com/McClain_on_NFL/status/659041100498206720

Not suprised.

The Houston Texans have decided to cut ties with their backup quarterback.

Ryan Mallett was released by the Texans on Tuesday, according to NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport.

Mallett's days in Houston were numbered after missing the team's charter flight to Miami and had to fly commercial to join the team on Sunday. Mallett told reporters after the game that he missed his flight after getting stuck in traffic.

Around The NFL will soon have more on this developing story.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000566848/article/houston-texans-release-qb-ryan-mallett

Nor am I, but the GM really cut O'Brian's legs from beneath him by not allowing him to do it swiftly.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nor am I, but the GM really cut O'Brian's legs from beneath him by not allowing him to do it swiftly.

The dude must have some concentration problems or something. He's got the gift, but makes dumb decisions on and off the field. He's not even a trouble maker, just dumb.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Anyone feel like dangling Keenum out there and seeing what the Texans will pay? He won a game or 2 for them at the end of last season.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Anyone feel like dangling Keenum out there and seeing what the Texans will pay? He won a game or 2 for them at the end of last season.
I was thinking about that, actually, but we need a solid QB2 more than anything they have to offer us.... except, maybe, Hopkins?? (y)

Big Game

Living The Dream

You know what i'm sure we could probably get a good pick for him i like that idea. Doubt they do it.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
No way he should be the backup on that team....So, I guess he got what he wanted....missing plane flights & practices....all in front of the media and on hard knocks...just reeks of immaturity.....32 starting jobs, 32 backup jobs...better relish the moment young man....

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Mallett is dumb as a box of rocks. Not to mention immobile and with a slow release. Hated him as a prospect, and nothing I've seen during his pro career has changed my opinion.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
You know what i'm sure we could probably get a good pick for him i like that idea. Doubt they do it.
You could be right, but the second we do, "Murphy's Law" would take over, and we'd need him!

{ For those who don't know. Murphy's Law says " What ever can go wrong, will go wrong!!}

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
The Texans aren't going to trade for a QB mid season anyway - they aren't going anywhere this year.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
He was drafted by the Patriots in the third round of the 2011 NFL draft and played college football at Arkansas.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/27/texans-cut-ties-with-mallett/

Texans cut ties with Mallett
Posted by Zac Jackson on October 27, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwrkzge3nmrhowm1n2m5nmuzzjk4mjexzgmxmje0otg21-e1445811286168.jpeg
AP

The Texans released quarterback Ryan Mallett Tuesday, three days after Mallett missed the team charter to Miami and had to fly commercial to be at the game.

He still was in uniform because the Texans have only been carrying two quarterbacks. That the 2-5 Texans got blown out in Miami probably didn’t help his cause.

Mallett missed a training camp practice in August because he overslept. That came in the same week Texans coach Bill O’Brien informed Mallett that Brian Hoyer would be the team’s starting quarterback.

Mallett took over in the season opener after Hoyer struggled and started the next four games. Hoyer has started the last two.

John McClain of the Houston Chronicle reported that the team sent Mallett home Monday while the decision was worked out. In the end, Mallett left the Texans with no choice but to move on.

Mallett is not subject to waivers and becomes a free agent. ESPN’s Tania Ganguli reported that the Texans will attempt to bring back T.J. Yates to serve as Hoyer’s backup.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
If the Texans are smart, they'll grab someone off a practice squad - Keith Wenning from Cincy would be my choice. Youth is more important than experience at this point.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Texans are going with TJ Yates.

Anyone think Mallett gets another shot in the league?

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Texans are going with TJ Yates.

Anyone think Mallett gets another shot in the league?
He's big, strong-armed and played behind Brady... someone will roll the dice. It'll come up snake eyes, but they'll roll 'em.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
You'd think it'd sink it at some point wouldn't you. Texan's really wanted him to win the job I felt because hes's much more talented than Hoyer but his attitude stunk from day one. He had it all just ready for him to go out and take but he's wasted and is wasting his talent. Its a terrible shame when someone does that. I know...

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I can't think of anyone off the Texans I want that's realistic trade value. I wonder more if Keenum would be better than our own starter. I'd say no to letting him go to Texas to replace Mallett, we very well may need him with Foles bad play and the OL allowing pressure on every play.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
The only trade I'd make with the Browns would be Jared Cook for one of their hot dog vendors...You can never have too many quality 'dog hustlers in the stands...

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Hey Bill should've stayed at College Station!
bill-obrien-stays-pennst.jpg