Tesla, anyone got one?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have my deposit down on the Model 3
upload_2016-4-9_13-20-44.jpeg
https://www.teslamotors.com/model3 and trying to talk the wife into a Model X
section-hero-cutout.png
https://www.teslamotors.com/modelx see links on both. My brother-n-law works in the design part of Telsa.
Model 3 217 miles of range for $35k, talk that a $44k gets you 320 miles and $60k get you 300 miles and 0-60 in 3.1 seconds. I like the 320 miles (0-60 in mid 4 sec).
The wife wants a newer (2015 or newer) Tahoe and now have talked into at least looking at the Model X. Have to see what the base model gets me.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I love those and see them all the time here in SWFL............because of how many well to do to very wealthy people live here we see exotics every day of the week many times per day. Teslas are beautiful looking cars, I sat in one once for a moment and everything about it was badass. Now that they are making this more affordable version I think they are going to make a little splash.

The insane mode that goes 0-60 in 2.6 seconds is a hoot I bet.

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah the Model S and X can get pricey, If we go with an X it will be the base model. I think the Model 3 will change the electric car market.
I have rode in two different Model S's and WOW. The Model S is one of the best looking cars being made right now. I have not seen the Model X or 3 in person yet, maybe bu the end of the month i will get a chance.
On a side note the new stadium is not to far from the Telsa design studio.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Id love to get a model 3, with the government rebate they get pretty affordable. I love what Tesla is doing.

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Id love to get a model 3, with the government rebate they get pretty affordable. I love what Tesla is doing.
$1K to reserve one. I hear there are over 300,000 reserved. Get your money back to when it comes your turn and you change your mind. I got one reserved, thinking about reserving another.

fearsomefour

Legend
I rode in the original sports model....HOLY CRAP!!!! That is all I can say.
Was thinking of putting a deposit down on a Model 3 too.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I'd get one, but I'm broke as fuck. Still have not owned a car that was made in 2000 or beyond lol

bluecoconuts

Legend
My boss has one, I see them all the time around LA, especially down by school where the average family income increases... They're pretty cool, when the range of them gets up to the 4-600 mile then I'll probably seriously look into getting one. I know they have superchargers around and more and being built everyday, but if I have a long road trip, I want to get through it as fast as possible, stopping every hour or two for 30 minutes can really add time onto things.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I have my deposit down on the Model 3 View attachment 12911 https://www.teslamotors.com/model3 and trying to talk the wife into a Model X
section-hero-cutout.png
https://www.teslamotors.com/modelx see links on both. My brother-n-law works in the design part of Telsa.
Model 3 217 miles of range for $35k, talk that a $44k gets you 320 miles and $60k get you 300 miles and 0-60 in 3.1 seconds. I like the 320 miles (0-60 in mid 4 sec).
The wife wants a newer (2015 or newer) Tahoe and now have talked into at least looking at the Model X. Have to see what the base model gets me.

Congrats - looks badass !
I love automotive design, did your brother-in-law graduate from Art Center College of Design in Pasadena?
I know the head of design for Tesla, Franz Von Holzhausen went to my alma mater Art Center and we always like to hire our fellow alumni !!!

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Congrats - looks badass !
I love automotive design, did your brother-in-law graduate from Art Center College of Design in Pasadena?
I know the head of design for Tesla, Franz Von Holzhausen went to my alma mater Art Center and we always like to hire our fellow alumni !!!
He went to San Fran Art Academy.

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My boss has one, I see them all the time around LA, especially down by school where the average family income increases... They're pretty cool, when the range of them gets up to the 4-600 mile then I'll probably seriously look into getting one. I know they have superchargers around and more and being built everyday, but if I have a long road trip, I want to get through it as fast as possible, stopping every hour or two for 30 minutes can really add time onto things.
@ 300+ miles you have to stop every 4 hours if driving 70mph. Probably be stopping for fuel anyways, it would be a shorter stop for sure for fuel. They have already had made a trip across the US using nothing but the supercharges. For me 300 miles will get me just about anywhere I will be driving in one shot.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...tesla-model-s-not-recommended-on-reliability/

Consumer reports moved from giving the model S a perfect rating to putting it on the "not recommended" list. They gave Tesla credit for fixing the issues but did it based upon the volume of issues. The general gist was that quality control is much easier to manage when fewer cars are being built.
Yeah only 97% would buy another. Biggest complaint is squeaks and rattles, guess what there is no motor noise so you will hear things that you won't in other cars. I am betting on the guy that can launch a rocket meet up at the space station and then land same rocket back on earth on a landing pad to put put a pretty good car. My opinion and you have yours.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
Yeah only 97% would buy another. Biggest complaint is squeaks and rattles, guess what there is no motor noise so you will hear things that you won't in other cars. I am betting on the guy that can launch a rocket meet up at the space station and then land same rocket back on earth on a landing pad to put put a pretty good car. My opinion and you have yours.

Wow .....defensive much?

Simply relaying a report from a credible source that quality had declined as production went up. Didn't say it was a pinto.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I don't know shit about Tesla except they're out of my budget! :ROFLMAO:

Post some pics when you get it, man.