Tesla, anyone got one?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Seems like a pain in the ass car to own at this stage if you travel much. I can see it being economical if you use it as a commuter if you'll be able to afford to charge it once they finish killing off the coal industry.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I bought a 2015 RAM 1500 eco diesel 3.0L
I average 26 Mpg.
That's average. Not HWY.

Got it for 35K OTD.

Didn't have to wait in line. And it's a truck with 450 lbs of torgue.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I average 26 Mpg.
That's average. Not HWY.

Got it for 35K OTD.

You caveman!

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I average 26 Mpg.
That's average. Not HWY.

Got it for 35K OTD.

I have a 2500 4x4 Duramax, dont get anywhere that mpg. I thought that that was a great idea for Dodge to make a 1/2 ton diesel. What is your towing on it? At 35K OTD hard to go wrong, better towing the the gas, better mpg and diesel is now much cheaper that gas.
Standard cab or ? 2 or 4 wheel drive? I think these might be the perfect truck for those that dont need the towing of a 3/4 or 1 ton.

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow .....defensive much?

Simply relaying a report from a credible source that quality had declined as production went up. Didn't say it was a pinto.
Was not trying to be defensive, although i see how it reads that way. I read the article you posted and just replied to other facts that had in it.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I have a 2500 4x4 Duramax, dont get anywhere that mpg. I thought that that was a great idea for Dodge to make a 1/2 ton diesel. What is your towing on it? At 35K OTD hard to go wrong, better towing the the gas, better mpg and diesel is now much cheaper that gas.
Standard cab or ? 2 or 4 wheel drive? I think these might be the perfect truck for those that dont need the towing of a 3/4 or 1 ton.
2wd.
Towing capacity is around 9000lbs.
The gas mileage is incredible. Better than I even expected.

It's a quad cab. Smaller than the Crew cab, but has 4 doors. Kids still have plenty of room in the back.

KeithA39

UDFA
I put down a deposit on the Model 3. Didn't want a car as big as the S or X. Hoping the 3 will be nimble and quick . Have watched quite a few videos on people using the autopilot system and am excited about that as well. Maybe not for everyone, but I want one.

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I put down a deposit on the Model 3. Didn't want a car as big as the S or X. Hoping the 3 will be nimble and quick . Have watched quite a few videos on people using the autopilot system and am excited about that as well. Maybe not for everyone, but I want one.
My brother-n-law has driven a S on the LA freeway in autopilot, well I guess not driven but along for the ride. I want one too, I am very excited about 300 mile range for about $35K after rebates.I hope to see the 3 in person at the end of the month.

RamzFanz

Damnit
My boss has one, I see them all the time around LA, especially down by school where the average family income increases... They're pretty cool, when the range of them gets up to the 4-600 mile then I'll probably seriously look into getting one. I know they have superchargers around and more and being built everyday, but if I have a long road trip, I want to get through it as fast as possible, stopping every hour or two for 30 minutes can really add time onto things.

Hour or two? Are going 108.5-217 MPH?

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
My boss has one, I see them all the time around LA, especially down by school where the average family income increases... They're pretty cool, when the range of them gets up to the 4-600 mile then I'll probably seriously look into getting one. I know they have superchargers around and more and being built everyday, but if I have a long road trip, I want to get through it as fast as possible, stopping every hour or two for 30 minutes can really add time onto things.

I agree with the 400 mile minimum. Not to mention that talking real world miles (when you're using the radio and AC) it's quite a bit less that the advertised number. Actually, I'm not sure if they take that into account when they advertise the mileage numbers. But I've heard they don't.