Teddy Bridgewater playing Madden to prepare for rookie season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I really liked Bridgewater coming out and think Minny got a steal here, but using a video game to harness your skills seems like complete BS to me. Then again, I don't play Madden, but I find it virtually impossible that a video game is going to translate to real life. I kind of lost a little respect for him now as a player.
If he was able to upload the entire Vikings playbook into the game, then he'll get a birds-eye view of every route that gets run (correctly), and a birds eye view of how different defensive alignments will be able to attack the plays he draws up. I don't think it's BS at all. It's an interactive playbook for him now.

FRO

Legend
If he was able to upload the entire Vikings playbook into the game, then he'll get a birds-eye view of every route that gets run (correctly), and a birds eye view of how different defensive alignments will be able to attack the plays he draws up. I don't think it's BS at all. It's an interactive playbook for him now.
Will the opposing MLB be able to jump 20 ft in the air to intercept a pass intended for a guy 20 yards down field in real life?

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Shouldn't he be busy partying and talking into money phones?

:)

That was good!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
They're young, but that defensive line has some potential talent on it after they parted ways with Allen and Williams. We don't really know what Griffen is capable of in a full time role and Floyd was a really highly regarded prospect at DT. Their secondary is in the same boat with Smith really showing something last year, and Rhodes and Munnerlyn could be a decent corner pairing.

It's all potential at this point, but Vikings fans are probably just as hopeful about their D as Rams fans are about their O.

Which is not to say the Rams won't destroy them in week 1. But we should take pride when they do!

PFF liked their roster....I kinda like what they've done the last 2 years....

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Will the opposing MLB be able to jump 20 ft in the air to intercept a pass intended for a guy 20 yards down field in real life?
Do they still do that in new editions of Madden? I know in the late 90's Maddens you could do ridiculous shit like that.

FRO

Legend
Do they still do that in new editions of Madden? I know in the late 90's Maddens you could do ridiculous crap like that.
It's been a while since I've played. It used to drive me crazy when I would get intercepted by a MLB jumping sky high to intercept a pass to a wide open receiver deep.

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
It's been a while since I've played. It used to drive me crazy when I would get intercepted by a MLB jumping sky high to intercept a pass to a wide open receiver deep.
Yeah that still happens - somehow the LBs always seem to have ridiculous agility and will hijack a post route that would go for 30 yards in real life

SierraRam

Recreational User
A video game is as close as any smart team would let a rookie QB get to our D-line. I doubt we'll see Teddy week 1.

RAM's-NWST

UDFA
I'm thinking that he is going to find it difficult to simulate Williams defense this year...not sure what all to expect myself.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
A video game is as close as any smart team would let a rookie QB get to our D-line. I doubt we'll see Teddy week 1.

Now, now, Teddy's the MOST pro-ready QB in the draft, or so say the experts....Should be a good game.....

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm actually looking forward to seeing him play.
And I'm afraid for his life at the same time.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
He should be doing windsprints and honing his escapability if he's going to be starting in week 1 (y)

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I'm actually looking forward to seeing him play.
And I'm afraid for his life at the same time.

I can see that, but I think he's more aware of his limitations than RG so I think ,well ,maybe AFTER we teach him he'll get it, RG didn't ,I don't think he does yet.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Madden is an incredible invention in that it is the one thing in the world that can continue to suck more and more with each and every release over a course of what 15 or 20 years and people, me included, keep buying it.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
In other news....
The cheatriots went down to Blockbuster and rented Madden with the Vikings new playbook in it.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I don't think madden is that bad, it's actually good now imo. It's pretty good on PS4, can't comment for the other systems if there is a difference anyway.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I think teddy should practice getting into the fetal position in preparation for week 1.

Which reminds me of a funny story. Once Lawrence Taylor was at some function after he retired and saw some qb there. The qb said hello but lt didn't recognise him. So he said to him, "lay down on the ground and bleed so I can remember who you are".