1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Teddy Bridgewater playing Madden to prepare for rookie season

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by Prime Time, Jun 27, 2014.

1. blue4 Well-Known Member

He slipped because of questions about his deep ball and his slight build. Also, pre-draft talkers really overrate QB's. I think he went about right.

2. bomebadeeda I have a play for 3rd and 4.........

And I'm sure Gregg Williams has already downloaded the game's tendencies (for Norv Turner's route tree....) and already put things in motion to give "false" reads based on the typical reads the game will give.

3. brokeu91 Well-Known Member

If that helps you prepare, then I should have been an All-Pro QB

4. LoyalRam Well-Known Member

Poor Teddy.....He's gonna get rag dolled all day in Week One.

5. Barrison Well-Known Member

I mean I get what he's saying but if you're trying to tell me Madden can help you more after your college career to get more knowledge of the game, I don't know about that..

6. -X- I'm the dude, man.

I think people might be getting a false impression of the intent of putting the playbook on Madden to look at it. It's not to help him be a better QB. It's so he can see the plays actually work. When you get a playbook, everything is static. Even on the iPads. But when you get a birds eye view of the routes being run and the blocking on run plays, etc., it can only add to the experience.

7. Boston Ram Well-Known Member

He can get all that from film, film that is actually real. In order to get the defensive alignments he would need the others teams playbooks also. Again, I don't play Madden so I don't know what I don't know, but its seem like he wants people to believe he is studying by playing video games. Why don't every player do this, since they all play it? I have never heard Brady, Manning, Rodgers or Brees mention this.

8. Boston Ram Well-Known Member

I get what you are saying, just read this after reading your last post. Although I don't buy it, if it helps him learn the playbook than more power to him.

9. -X- I'm the dude, man.

Well, I mean, it can't hurt.

And, it's gotta be a blast playing as yourself in Madden, yeah?
    I'd play the crap out of the game whether it helped or not. :ROFLMAO:

10. Boston Ram Well-Known Member

Me too lol!

11. DCH This IS my 'oh' face.

I don't see Bridgewater starting for the Vikings this year. If they're smart, they'll play Cassel all season long and let Teddy adjust to the NFL with a clipboard before being thrown into the fire. Same with the Browns and Manziel... hell, any rookie QB.

12. fearsomefour Well-Known Member

DCH....
    Exactly. Particularly early on. Cassel is not a top tier guy but he is not terrible and is a vet who can make some plays. Beating the Vikes always comes down to Peterson and one or two big plays.