Teddy Bridgewater playing Madden to prepare for rookie season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I think the vikings are going to be a good team going forward, they needed a QB and they got one in this kid. Idk how he slipped so far.
He slipped because of questions about his deep ball and his slight build. Also, pre-draft talkers really overrate QB's. I think he went about right.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
And I'm sure Gregg Williams has already downloaded the game's tendencies (for Norv Turner's route tree....) and already put things in motion to give "false" reads based on the typical reads the game will give.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
If that helps you prepare, then I should have been an All-Pro QB

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Poor Teddy.....He's gonna get rag dolled all day in Week One.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
I mean I get what he's saying but if you're trying to tell me Madden can help you more after your college career to get more knowledge of the game, I don't know about that..

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I think people might be getting a false impression of the intent of putting the playbook on Madden to look at it. It's not to help him be a better QB. It's so he can see the plays actually work. When you get a playbook, everything is static. Even on the iPads. But when you get a birds eye view of the routes being run and the blocking on run plays, etc., it can only add to the experience.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
If he was able to upload the entire Vikings playbook into the game, then he'll get a birds-eye view of every route that gets run (correctly), and a birds eye view of how different defensive alignments will be able to attack the plays he draws up. I don't think it's BS at all. It's an interactive playbook for him now.

He can get all that from film, film that is actually real. In order to get the defensive alignments he would need the others teams playbooks also. Again, I don't play Madden so I don't know what I don't know, but its seem like he wants people to believe he is studying by playing video games. Why don't every player do this, since they all play it? I have never heard Brady, Manning, Rodgers or Brees mention this.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I think people might be getting a false impression of the intent of putting the playbook on Madden to look at it. It's not to help him be a better QB. It's so he can see the plays actually work. When you get a playbook, everything is static. Even on the iPads. But when you get a birds eye view of the routes being run and the blocking on run plays, etc., it can only add to the experience.

I get what you are saying, just read this after reading your last post. Although I don't buy it, if it helps him learn the playbook than more power to him.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I get what you are saying, just read this after reading your last post. Although I don't buy it, if it helps him learn the playbook than more power to him.
Well, I mean, it can't hurt.

And, it's gotta be a blast playing as yourself in Madden, yeah?
I'd play the shit out of the game whether it helped or not. :ROFLMAO:

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I don't see Bridgewater starting for the Vikings this year. If they're smart, they'll play Cassel all season long and let Teddy adjust to the NFL with a clipboard before being thrown into the fire. Same with the Browns and Manziel... hell, any rookie QB.

fearsomefour

Legend
DCH....
Exactly. Particularly early on. Cassel is not a top tier guy but he is not terrible and is a vet who can make some plays. Beating the Vikes always comes down to Peterson and one or two big plays.