Teams To Interview Raheem Morris For HC Vacancies

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tano

Legend
Then why do people say it?

Why don't they look at the film? What is wrong with the truth? Start from there and then get into the details.
I've seen you recently post that the Rams played fairly tight coverages in the Tampa game ... when it is just not true.

I think people got frustrated and then would exaggerate, get angry, and not want the facts.

Not saying that is you, but I saw those kinds of comments from people. Some even going over the line (not saying you) by saying Morris was stupid and scared.

I think if people really wanted to know they could find the facts.

here is an example, back you you saying that Rams bade Brady "fairly tight" -- well that is a vague term and can be a misnomer, but will work with it.

Here are stills of all the snaps --- and circled is how many times the Rams were showing press. It was no more earlier -- you can divide by 1st half and 2nd half or 1st 3 Qs vs 4th-- but slice it how you want but what you think happened didn't happen

What did happen is yeah, they played off and "off means 8-10 yards (not 15) and it cost them the game ... there are specific details of that last drive, but that's a convo for another time.

But what you must also consider is that if the Rams can get 10 yards after a defensive stop then they win. And what was explained by Jourdan is there was a connection between the coverage to the offense last year.

To have proper discussions critics cannot continue to make accusations without any proof just "what they saw and remember" when they have the ability to see the film - but choose not to.

THEN you can get to a place of "I don't like it" and not this annoying (not saying you) "They played 15 yards off and that is WHY they lost". Opinions are fine, but opinions backed by evidence are more meaningful, IMO

But, see for yourself.

View attachment 63697View attachment 63698View attachment 63699View attachment 63700
I consider fairly tight any times a DB was within 5 yards or less of the receiver. I see quite a few more plays where at least one DB was within 5 yards of the receiver and that was what I meant. Sorry for being so vague. However, in the 4th quarter, Morris went back to having both CBs being off 7 yards or more the majority of the plays.

My complaint with Morris was he consistently played both CBs 7 yards or more last year in the majority of the games even with having Ramsey. But after they got rid of the majority of the Assistant Coaches or putting them back to where they had shown they were good at and playing a lot more aggressively this year with CBs that aren't considered top of the line, I am sticking with the thought that a lot of last year had to do with the Assistant Coaches and Morris covering for them.

As to what Jourdan is saying about last year, I believe that is just an excuse the Rams came up with to cover for having such bad Assistant Coaches. McVay is not going to put down his assistant coaches in public and say the coverage scheme was due to having such terrible Assistant Coaches due to getting poached after the Super Bowl. He is just not that type of guy and I respect him for it.

We will have to agree to disagree.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree it's not rocket science but it's also not something that is best judged from the couch. I get that people got mad and didn't like it -- it's frustrating.

But in fairness ... the results were there. I think it goes too far to imply that Morris isn't smart. Maybe you didn't mean it that way but you are suggesting you understand it's a bad strategy and he doesn't.

It seems like it was a good strategy. I see a Lombardi trophy

View attachment 63709

And Staley did the same thing. And still does, well, did. And teams still do. It's not like this stuff is made up on the fly to frustrate fans. There is a little bit of theory, knowledge, and preparation that goes into this stuff. No, not rocket science but it's far more complex than we fans understand.

2020--and there are tons of examples...this was found on 1st 3rd and medium of this game ...
View attachment 63710
Bravo for all your work on this but sadly you'll never change any minds. Too many people have picked up on the uninformed narrative for it to ever go away. And yes Staley and a lot of other very good DC's do the same type of coverages that Morris does but it will never ever change any minds. I applaud your effort though it's impressive.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Bravo for all your work on this but sadly you'll never change any minds. Too many people have picked up on the uninformed narrative for it to ever go away. And yes Staley and a lot of other very good DC's do the same type of coverages that Morris does but it will never ever change any minds. I applaud your effort though it's impressive.
I disagree, IMHO, some have changed, now I liked Raheem and did not understand all the vitriol, however, I do believe that some with his success this year have changed their minds.

That being posted if the Lions score 40 points caveat emptor.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

I think your still giving Staley way to much credit.He was only a DC 1 year & he had Joe Barry as assistant HC/Lbers coach.

Eric Henderson is best O’Line coach in The NFL as well.Shula was the OLB/DE coach. EE was the DB’s coach who went to Denver as a DC as well.
Joe Barry left to GB once Raheem was hired.I thought Raheem was the perfect fit for The Rams.If he leaves The Rams get a Comp Pick as well.

—I’m some sense I think Raheem got (helped) Kevin O’Connel get the Vikings HC job.
When The Rams landed Morris he went from OC to HC in Atlanta which doesn’t get brought up much.He did well close the season there for them.

The Eric Weedle phone call no matter what anybody wants to say WON The Rams a Superbowl!!

Staley never had much of a resume & was a HORRIBLE HC!!
He had some good teams & such a chance to be better than The Rams.Raheem would be still play if he was the HC for the Chargers.

Carolina would be a good place for Morris.They need stability.Fa Bears getting the #1 pick ? What a JOKE!!!
They had Mayfield & Darnold.We know what Baker can do.Add a couple draft pick there & Mayfield & the Panthers could be where Tampa is this weekend.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The question looms, how long before an avatar change?
Yours seems to be a little aged. How many draft picks again did Mad Mike get & for Trent Green ?

I bet the Superbowl big & kept my first week bet against Baltimore which was pretty Bug at - 2 1/2 &St. Louis. Trent was 8 for 8 when that JERK took him out in Frustration of a preseason game. Kurt had playing time against the 8ers in a loss.London had his first start in that game.DV moved on from Phillips.

Anyway I think Carson is good for Stafford. Who knows I never thought Kurt would have been as good as he was.Mad Mike ruined him.He mentored Eli after Bulger.

He was UCLA’s HC when I was growing up with his sweaters.Lossing to the Raiders w/ Philly. Still finished in Mixzu as a CHEF !

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Yours seems to be a little aged.
Nah, it's like a fine wine, gets better with age.
1704893900663.png

sloramfan

Starter
morris isn't going anywhere...

his interviews are just for looks...

if our defense was #1, i might agree with the "he's got a chance" crew...

go rams

slo

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Raheem did the unthinkable with a no name group + Aaron Donald. He gets unnecessary hate on this board but what a job he’s done. All of these rookies are coached well and it shows week in and week out.

He deserves one of the HC gigs. Does this mean the return of Brandon Staley?
The unthinkable with a no name group? Yes. But it's not the first time. Kevin Demoff pointed out, as a head coach in Tampa, he got 10 wins (with Josh Freeman at QB). It was the only time Tampa had double digit wins from 2006-2019 (when Brady came to town and won the SB). He's coached both sides of the ball, is a leader, inspirational and intelligent. If this guy doesn't get a job as a head coach in 2024, NFL owners should be ashamed.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Imo teams would be stupid not to jump on Morris for their HC. He's been a big part of the culture success here, not just as a tag along, but as an active part of the leadership--and he's experienced the respect, friendships, and inner workings. He openly expresses how much he's grown from it.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think your still giving Staley way to much credit.He was only a DC 1 year & he had Joe Barry as assistant HC/Lbers coach.

Eric Henderson is best O’Line coach in The NFL as well.Shula was the OLB/DE coach. EE was the DB’s coach who went to Denver as a DC as well.
Joe Barry left to GB once Raheem was hired.I thought Raheem was the perfect fit for The Rams.If he leaves The Rams get a Comp Pick as well.

—I’m some sense I think Raheem got (helped) Kevin O’Connel get the Vikings HC job.
When The Rams landed Morris he went from OC to HC in Atlanta which doesn’t get brought up much.He did well close the season there for them.

The Eric Weedle phone call no matter what anybody wants to say WON The Rams a Superbowl!!

Staley never had much of a resume & was a HORRIBLE HC!!
He had some good teams & such a chance to be better than The Rams.Raheem would be still play if he was the HC for the Chargers.

Carolina would be a good place for Morris.They need stability.Fa Bears getting the #1 pick ? What a JOKE!!!
They had Mayfield & Darnold.We know what Baker can do.Add a couple draft pick there & Mayfield & the Panthers could be where Tampa is this weekend.
I always wonder if you read before replying.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Bravo for all your work on this but sadly you'll never change any minds.
Agree. For the reasons you state. And why even try? Because defining the thing they hate will help them, whether they admit it or not.

People hating the results -- well that's everyone's right, to have an opinion. It's totally in bounds.

People who exaggerate to further an agenda---the "Morris is stupid, retarded, a coward, had nothing to do with Super Bowl win, he doesn't deserve to hold it, and so on " --- can have that opinion, too. But that opinion is based on ignorance. The work is worth it because it exposes the ignorance. And it's work I have shared on another board so I always have it at the ready. And there is a lot more where that came from.

2024-01-10_9-52-36.jpg

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
View attachment 63711
Have you actually purchased some of his wines ? You know his quality & standards. No doubt it ages well,but for him? I’d say I’ll be happy to be as healthy as he is at his age.Just trying to enjoy my own journey.His life age now though is nothing to look forward to ? I leave it at that,and wish only the best for DV & family.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I always wonder if you read before replying.
Jimmy 53 ,but in some good work. - Probably don’t read all the banter of the full post.
There’s some threads with over 60’ pages.

The Raheem MORRIS HaTE was horrible last (2)season. This year Oldbutnotdead will never like him,but gives him a very small touch credit. There’s other I can’t actually post about. Oh well -

Raheem Morris has never had a bad day,so that mindset only brings positives around the building.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
View attachment 63711
Was at a memorial service for someone who was a friend of his, part of the "West Coast mafia" -- the group of coaches that came up together when the Eastern media didn't think teams in CA, OR, WA were that good ... 1960s-70s. All these guys stayed friends -- Vermeil, Mike White, all the USC guys, Cal (Hanifan) and so on

Anyway, Vermeil couldn't make it but he provided all the wine for a pretty big crowd. Folks seemed to like it.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If this applies to you...then you know who you are....

stripes lighten GIF

Last edited: