Taylor Lewan faces assault charges

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Im going to bow out because you're arguing with yourself. I said I BELIEVE LEWAN. you don't...theres nothing to go back and forth about. And everything your trying to prove are things you inferred not things I said. Never said anything about recognizing anyone that was you. Never said you were lying, that was you. Never said he's a good or believable person, that was you.

Then I am extremely confused.
No, because when someone 6'8" 320lbs with superhuman strength punches someone in face there is usually little doubt about it
I believe Lewan on this matter. I just tend to think if he did "slug" someone that person and everyone else would know it.

I took that as you believing Lewan because you had doubts about why the guy didn't recognize him. If that's not what you mean, I'm clearly misunderstanding your point.

Regardless, I think my stance on Lewan is pretty well known. I don't think he's as good of a player as he's hyped up to be and I think he's a trashy person.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Then I am extremely confused.

I took that as you believing Lewan because you had doubts about why the guy didn't recognize him. If that's not what you mean, I'm clearly misunderstanding your point.

Regardless, I think my stance on Lewan is pretty well known. I don't think he's as good of a player as he's hyped up to be and I think he's a trashy person.

I was more half joking that a guy with Lewan's size and strength would inflict enough damage it would be pretty obvious that he just hit you. But like i said i was half-kiddng as other variables exist.

the reason I believe him is because the story doesn't add up to me... we live in a generation where at the first sign of a fight the first thing any bystander does is pull out their phone and record. In addition to that nearly every business has cameras set up. For me its just hard to believe that a 6'8" 320lb monster started hitting people and there were no outside witnesses or any footage of it...IMO that would draw a lot of attention. Plus, I'm pretty sure 2 punches and a kick from that mammoth would put most people in a coma (again jokingly exaggerating) but you know what I mean.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Because of the alleged threatening to rape a rape victim if she spoke out against a team mate, it may never of happened but there's no smoke without fire.
Because we all know that women tell the truth all the time right?! It's all alleged no charges... If there was anything charges would of been filed.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Why? I doubt most people would recognize the average NFL player if they were just out on the sidewalk in every day clothing...much less a college player.

I want nothing to do with Lewan. There are very few things that are unforgivable in my book but threatening to rape a rape victim is.
Since Lewan is the average football player with a average rivalry with a OSU fan?! No way the would identity him as a UM top recruit or player or nfl prospect right? This happened after a Michigan loss and a punch is coming up now? Give me a break, this is bologna.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Because we all know that women tell the truth all the time right?! It's all alleged no charges... If there was anything charges would of been filed.

Yea because he's good at playing football, she must be lying. Dismiss everything because Taylor Lewan is big, athletic, and can block. That sends the right message.

Hell, they're all just out to get him. (n)

If there was anything, charges would have been filed? No, that's not true.

But what's laughable to me here is that you dismiss those allegations by claiming charges weren't filed then IGNORE THE FACT that charges were filed in the assault case. But that allegation is made up too, right?

Since Lewan is the average football player with a average rivalry with a OSU fan?! No way the would identity him as a UM top recruit or player or nfl prospect right? This happened after a Michigan loss and a punch is coming up now? Give me a break, this is bologna.

I go to the University of South Carolina and the only player I could recognize(aside from the Punter that I know) if I walked past him is JaDeveon Clowney. Lewan is an offensive linemen, I doubt the vast vast majority of people on the street would recognize him.

This is a bogus excuse for a guy with a history.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He texted that threat directly to her phone, and told one of her friends directly. The victim, her friend and two other players on the Michigan football team called the police immediately.

http://www.chatsports.com/michigan-...people-need-to-be-fired-immediately-10-2-4830

Even documentation from the school that they met with him about threatening her is linked on that site. But yea, the girl is definitely a liar. Garbage like that is why some rape victims don't come forward.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Yea because he's good at playing football, she must be lying. Dismiss everything because Taylor Lewan is big, athletic, and can block. That sends the right message.

Hell, they're all just out to get him. (n)

If there was anything, charges would have been filed? No, that's not true.

But what's laughable to me here is that you dismiss those allegations by claiming charges weren't filed then IGNORE THE FACT that charges were filed in the assault case. But that allegation is made up too, right?

I go to the University of South Carolina and the only player I could recognize(aside from the Punter that I know) if I walked past him is JaDeveon Clowney. Lewan is an offensive linemen, I doubt the vast vast majority of people on the street would recognize him.

This is a bogus excuse for a guy with a history.
Yes and since he's a football player he was be guilty right? Since he's set to make millions and famous she'd have no motivation right? Give me a break. You don't know, all you know is hear say of what's in the news just like in the Kobe case in which she had no motivation right? If he did supposedly do these actions where he texted her and so on and so forth and there was proof I'm sure he would of been arrested for it by now. Ohhh no you say he hasn't been?! o_O well OMG they must be conspiring for him right?

Coincidently this guy just realized it was Taylor Lewan now? Right before what time in his life?

Btw it's funny how you blatantly disregard Clowney and the fact that he breaks the law but he's a local superstar...OFC you'll ignore the fact of his 110 mph in a 70 or 84 mph in a 55. He's not dangerous or irresponsible at all is he?

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Even documentation from the school that they met with him about threatening her is linked on that site. But yea, the girl is definitely a liar. Garbage like that is why some rape victims don't come forward.
Garbage like what your spewing is what gets innocent people locked up.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes and since he's a football player he was be guilty right? Since he's set to make millions and famous she'd have no motivation right? Give me a break.

She didn't accuse him of raping her. What's the monetary motivation here? At least know the facts before you accuse a rape victim of being full of it.

You don't know, all you know is hear say of what's in the news just like in the Kobe case in which she had no motivation right? If he did supposedly do these actions where he texted her and so on and so forth and there was proof I'm sure he would of been arrested for it by now. Ohhh no you say he hasn't been?! o_O well OMG they must be conspiring for him right?

The site that was linked has a document saying Michigan(the University) met with him about his threat and warned him that what he was doing was illegal. Again, you didn't bother to look into the facts.

Uhhhhhh no, there is definitely motivation in accusing Kobe Bryant of rape...when you can file a civil suit. This girl didn't accuse Lewan of rape. The guy she did accuse of rape WAS KICKED OFF MICHIGAN'S FOOTBALL TEAM.

Coincidently this guy just realized it was Taylor Lewan now? Right before what time in his life?

No. He identified Lewan in person as his attacker that night to the police AT THE SCENE OF THE CRIME. He was later told that it was Taylor Lewan because he didn't recognize him.

That's all in the articles about this.

Btw it's funny how you blatantly disregard Clowney and the fact that he breaks the law but he's a local superstar...OFC you'll ignore the fact of his 110 mph in a 70 or 84 mph in a 55. He's not dangerous or irresponsible at all is he?

Seriously? You're really bringing up a guy getting speeding tickets in this conversation? Lewan has been accused of threatening to rape a rape victim and assaulting a man in a fight outside a bar...and you're bringing up speeding tickets?

I guess I could just take a page out of your book and claim that Clowney is innocent. He never was speeding.

But I'm not going to, Clowney is definitely immature. Said it back then. But getting traffic tickets isn't even comparable to being a thug like Lewan.

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Garbage like what your spewing is what gets innocent people locked up.

No, it's really not. Because there are trials with judges, juries and lawyers. However, the way the public treats rape victims actually does influence them coming forward.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
She didn't accuse him of raping her. What's the monetary motivation here? At least know the facts before you accuse a rape victim of being full of it.

The site that was linked has a document saying Michigan(the University) met with him about his threat and warned him that what he was doing was illegal. Again, you didn't bother to look into the facts.

Uhhhhhh no, there is definitely motivation in accusing Kobe Bryant of rape...when you can file a civil suit. This girl didn't accuse Lewan of rape. The guy she did accuse of rape WAS KICKED OFF MICHIGAN'S FOOTBALL TEAM.

No. Are you kidding me? He identified Lewan in person as his attacker that night to the police AT THE SCENE OF THE CRIME. He was later told that it was Taylor Lewan because he didn't recognize him.

That's all in the articles about this. Have you bothered to read up on any of this before proclaiming Lewan's innocence?

Seriously, is this a joke? You're really bringing up a guy getting speeding tickets in this conversation? Lewan has been accused of threatening to rape a rape victim and assaulting a man in a fight outside a bar...and you're bringing up speeding tickets?

I guess I could just take a page out of your book and claim that Clowney is innocent. He never was speeding. People are just out to get him.

But I'm not going to, Clowney is definitely immature. Said it back then. But getting traffic tickets isn't even comparable to being a thug like Lewan.
Did I say he raped her or there was allegations to rape her? No.
Since no one in this day in age sues for slander, defamation, and/or emotional distress?! He's not about to make any amount of money as a pro?!

So what your telling me is that there is a known fact of illegal activity of him threatening to rape a female via text, which is breaking the law btw, and the university knew about it which means law enforcement did but they didn't arrest him? Give me a break.. He'd be arrested fast.

As for your boy Clowney him driving wreck less with a 2-3 ton weapon is dangerous and should be serious. If I remember correctly somebody who gets punched in the face sure recovers a lot faster than somebody hit dead on with a vehicle traveling over 100ph.

I've read the reports and bs and that doesn't mean I agree with them. Doesn't mean everything is accurately reported.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
If he did supposedly do these actions where he texted her and so on and so forth and there was proof I'm sure he would of been arrested for it by now. Ohhh no you say he hasn't been?! o_O well OMG they must be conspiring for him right?

You clearly did not even bother to read the article I linked to you. If you did, you would know that Lewan did admit that he threatened to rape the victim to the police themselves. And then he goes to the Combine and completely lies about it to the media.

You couldn't pay me any sort of money to support taking a thuggish piece of scum like Lewan. We don't need another embarrassment like Claude Terrell, thank you very much.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
You clearly did not even bother to read the article I linked to you. If you did, you would know that Lewan did admit that he threatened to rape the victim to the police themselves. And then he goes to the Combine and completely lies about it to the media.

You couldn't pay me any sort of money to support taking a thuggish piece of scum like Lewan. We don't need another embarrassment like Claude Terrell, thank you very much.
It's a article which means about shit, show me some court documents of 'this crime' and I'd believe it.

We know nothing untrue gets reported to the media right? As reported in 'The News' the Gulf of Tonkin incident must of been real as well right? Got a whole nation into war why wouldn't something as little as this be inaccurate for a 'news report'

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
No, it's really not. Because there are trials with judges, juries and lawyers. However, the way the public treats rape victims actually does influence them coming forward.
No shit? There is? Glad you filled me in on that. When there is a trial of Lewan's 'supposed rape threats' send me a link so I can see there is a trial of lawyers, judges, and nicely dressed people.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@The Rammer
Since we don't seem to be on the same page, I'll further explain why the logic that she is after money doesn't make sense. Timeline:
  • Taylor Lewan is a true freshman spending the year as a REDSHIRT(meaning he's not playing)
  • The girl accuses Lewan's roommate, Brendon Gibbons(freshman kicker), of raping her...she immediately tells her friends that night and they tell her story to the cops
  • Taylor Lewan threatens the girl that he will actually rape her if she pursues the charges(because he apparently believes that Gibbons is innocent) and two of his teammates overhear this and tell the police
  • University of Michigan files official report that they have spoken to Lewan and issue him an official warning that what he did is illegal, he is to have no contact with the girl, and if he continues, there will be charges filed and the school will also punish him
  • A former Michigan professor creates a website dedicated to exposing this cover-up, that the school allowed, in August which details all of it
  • In late November, Michigan re-opens the case, files a report against Brendon Gibbons basically admitting that he raped the girl
  • Brandon Gibbons is held out of the Ohio State game
  • In December, Michigan finishes their investigation and expels Brendon Gibbons from the school for the rape back in 2009
And that's not even getting into this assault case where Lewan was CHARGED with assaulting that man.

There is no MONETARY MOTIVATION. This entire situation happened LONG BEFORE Lewan was even a starter at Michigan...much less about to be drafted.

If you want to know more, here are two great links:
http://www.chatsports.com/michigan-...people-need-to-be-fired-immediately-10-2-4830
http://www.washtenawwatchdogs.com/4...football-player-brendan-gibbons-for-rape.html

Last edited: