Taylor Lewan faces assault charges

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2014/st...-draft-prospect-taylor-lewan-facing-3-charges
Taylor Lewan faces assault charges
Former Michigan offensive lineman and first-round NFL draft prospect Taylor Lewan has been charged with one count of aggravated assault and two counts of assault or assault and battery stemming from an incident on Dec. 1, 2013, according to court records.

David Dermer/Diamond Images/Getty ImagesTaylor Lewan, who is one of the top offensive tackle prospects in the NFL draft, is facing three assault charges from an incident on Dec. 1, 2013.

Lewan, who is projected as the No. 2 offensive tackle by ESPN's Scouts Inc. in May's NFL draft, is scheduled to be arraigned on April 8 at 9 a.m. in the 15th District Court in Ann Arbor, Mich.

According to the Ann Arbor News, which had earlier reported the charges, Lewan was being investigated for his role in an incident taking place on the 1200 block of South University Avenue around 12:30 a.m. on Dec. 1, following Ohio State's win over Michigan.

The News reported that two Ohio State fans said they were assaulted in the incident.

At the NFL combine last month, Lewan denied being in any sort of altercation.

"I went over the Ohio State incident once before. I wasn't in any fight of any kind," Lewan said. "I was actually breaking something up and some guy said that I slugged him, but that's not who I am off the field, that's not the kind of person I am.

"It might seem that way because of the way I play football, but that's not the way I am as a person."

The charges were filed with the district court Wednesday. The Ann Arbor News reported Lewan was the only person charged in the incident. If found guilty, Lewan could face up to 93 days in jail or a fine of up to $500.

The 22-year-old Lewan started 48 games at left tackle for Michigan and was named the Big Ten's offensive lineman of the year the past two seasons.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I believe Lewan on this matter. I just tend to think if he did "slug" someone that person and everyone else would know it.

Either way If we go in another direction at 2 or wherever we end up i wouldn't mind him at 13

Hate the guy, wouldn't, want him on my team as a UDFA, if it was a matter of draft Lewan and make the playoffs or don't draft Lewan and don't make the playoffs I'd happily sacrifice the playoffs.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Hate the guy, wouldn't, want him on my team as a UDFA, if it was a matter of draft Lewan and make the playoffs or don't draft Lewan and don't make the playoffs I'd happily sacrifice the playoffs.
Because of this or something else?

Alan

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
"Lewan, who is projected as the No. 2 offensive tackle by ESPN's Scouts Inc. in May's NFL draft"
upload_2014-3-20_14-40-42.jpeg

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Because of the alleged threatening to rape a rape victim if she spoke out against a team mate, it may never of happened but there's no smoke without fire.
I forgot about that.

Well, I hope all of these allegations are false. But like you said, where there is smoke there is usually fire. This kind of behavior reminds me of another idiot offensive lineman...

A55VA6

Legend
I'm not much of a fan of Lewan. He's honestly Incognito 2.0. Pretty good talent, but off the field issues.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Jim Thomas says the Rams "like him a lot".

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Good job that Jim Thomas knows freak all.
Yeah, he's not typically one to break stories so I too question how much he "knows". I read it in his chat right after he admitted to another chat member that he was not privy to the Rams board.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Allegedly.

I would never trust a buckeye fan (unless his name was James or Orlando).

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I believe Lewan on this matter. I just tend to think if he did "slug" someone that person and everyone else would know it.

Either way If we go in another direction at 2 or wherever we end up i wouldn't mind him at 13

Why? I doubt most people would recognize the average NFL player if they were just out on the sidewalk in every day clothing...much less a college player.

I want nothing to do with Lewan. There are very few things that are unforgivable in my book but threatening to rape a rape victim is.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why? I doubt most people would recognize the average NFL player if they were just out on the sidewalk in every day clothing...much less a college player.

I want nothing to do with Lewan. There are very few things that are unforgivable in my book but threatening to rape a rape victim is.

No, because when someone 6'8" 320lbs with superhuman strength punches someone in face there is usually little doubt about it

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No, because when someone 6'8" 320lbs with superhuman strength punches someone in face there is usually little doubt about it

Which is probably why the guy identified Lewan as the person but didn't recognize him enough to know that it was Taylor Lewan. But I guess he must be lying? Because Taylor Lewan's past actions make him such a believable person.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...lor-lewan-questioned-alleged-assault/4199589/
Munsch, who was taken to a hospital after the assault, said he identified Lewan to police at the scene as the man who punched him, but he didn't recognize who he was at the time.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Which is probably why the guy identified Lewan as the person but didn't recognize him enough to know that it was Taylor Lewan. But I guess he must be lying? Because Taylor Lewan's past actions make him such a believable person.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...lor-lewan-questioned-alleged-assault/4199589/

Im going to bow out because you're arguing with yourself. I said I BELIEVE LEWAN. you don't...theres nothing to go back and forth about. And everything your trying to prove are things you inferred not things I said. Never said anything about recognizing anyone that was you. Never said you were lying, that was you. Never said he's a good or believable person, that was you.