Tavons First Half Stats from Scrimmage

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
That's what he was brought in to do right? Score from everywhere? Rushing, receiving, punt returns, the guy does it all. Glad he's on our side.

fearsomefour

Legend
Still waiting for his 3 TD game this year....I think its coming soon. Double digit TD looking like a real thing for him this year.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
1000 yds and 12 td's is a big jump.
Now lets get a few more guys to match that and we'll have a pretty good offense

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think it's the tip of the iceberg. Think he's capable of having an even better second half of the season if we can inject some life into our passing game. If him and Foles get on the same page, watch out. And I'm not going to put 100% of the blame on Foles. Tavon should have had that TD against Minnesota. If he does, those numbers are even prettier. But you can see how much Tavon has improved and how competitive the guy is. I'm hoping that Welker will be a positive influence and can help him with some of the finer points of his game.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
He needs a few other guys for opponents to worry about.....Jordy Nelson's loss has made Randall Cobb appear ordinary after being named a pro bowler (last year, I think)

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
imagine if we had a #1 WR to free him up more.
obviously he's not a number one but Welker could potentially do that. at least free up space if he still has separation speed and can make D's play honest it could open up for Tavon a bit. wishful thinking probably

Athos

Legend
I think it's the tip of the iceberg. Think he's capable of having an even better second half of the season if we can inject some life into our passing game. If him and Foles get on the same page, watch out. And I'm not going to put 100% of the blame on Foles. Tavon should have had that TD against Minnesota. If he does, those numbers are even prettier. But you can see how much Tavon has improved and how competitive the guy is. I'm hoping that Welker will be a positive influence and can help him with some of the finer points of his game.

I keep asking what this failed TD was, but get no answers. We ARE talking about the ball he had to go full extension on? I think he would have been downed anyway. Unless you're saying he overran the route. Which if he did, okay.

But maybe we saw different plays because the only way I see that going for a TD is if he didn't come back to far in and caught it like a punt and maybe....maybe, had enough time to turn around and turn it up field.

…..

Legend
Yet people still want to find a way to bitch about him.

Don't get me riled! People saying we give him the ball too much?!?!?

Yep that would be me.

Its great stuff for Tavon. Glad you are all enamored with these outworldly numbers.

But to me...its spells doom for the team until we have something else to depend upon. We now have contributions from Todd Gurley and that's fantastic but we'll need more.

You guys can gloat all you want about how wonderful it is to have Tavon.....but I'm looking at a bigger picture.

…..

Legend
Don't get me riled! People saying we give him the ball too much?!?!?

Allow me to quote @Rmfnlt ...he eloquently stated in another thread something that applies here.

Rmfnlt said:
Football is a funny thing...
....I've always felt that championship teams are like jigsaw puzzles.... a bunch of individual pieces (players, coaches, schemes) that have to somehow fit.
One piece out of kilter and the whole thing doesn't make sense.
Clearly, our offense is out of kilter... the pieces don't seem to fit together right now.

Tavon's numbers are improved, we can be happy about that. Thank gawd we have his TD's, since this offense clearly has issues producing them!! So I am not "bitching" about him.

What we need is these numbers....combined with something else.....combined with additional pieces. Right now our offense doesn't make sense to me. Forcing the ball to Tavon seems illogical. Getting the ball to Tavon just the right amount of times, and in the right situations, is what we need.
Kurt Warner didn't force the ball to Az Hakim....there were numerous other pieces that made Az Hakim effective. Until we strive to achieve something similar to that with Tavon, then we're a few pieces short.

But yeah....glad his numbers are improved. I'm not trying to take that away from him. Sorry to hijhack the thread....its just that I get all crankity on this subject because I know we're soooo close, yet so far away and I feel we're trying to turn Tavon into something that he is not.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I keep asking what this failed TD was, but get no answers. We ARE talking about the ball he had to go full extension on?
I am pretty sure that the play you are referring to is the "TD" play in question.
Tavon did seem to have to adjust making it an awkward grab, that far downfield I believe it is on the receiver to have adjusted prior to the catch point. I think the Defender fell so TA would have scored. Again this is hindsight and best case scenario. he has the stats he has and they are improved over the past seasons lets just hope he continues to grow.
On another note Minn shut down the jet sweep at the end of the game last week. I am concerned that teams find a way to slow it down as it has been very productive not just in itself but as a setup for other big plays.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@LACHAMP46 I know your comment is half in jest but the reality is maybe next year for Sean.
We are in the middle of a wildcard playoff battle and it takes any QB time to adjust to a system and the players in the system at real time speed.
Foles should only get better and a change to a QB needing to get up to speed would certainly derail any post season chances we have.
A rookie would be a catastrophe and remember that Sean looked quite pedestrian in his last outing even worse than anything Foles has shown this year and that was against much lower competition. Lets get the kid some more practice save his confidence from what would be a destructive experience for both he and the team and let Foles develop over the second half. If Foles throws out a couple real stinkers over the next couple weeks then maybe the brass needs to reevaluate but until then stay the course. The playoffs are our goal