Tavon prays for Rice

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I'm fine with it. It's not like Tavon said "YOU DID THE RIGHT THING BRO, THEY JUST HATING".

fancents86

Starter
This whole football season has already sucked a lot of private parts for us, but even more so bc I was a big fan of Rice. I like the Ravens organization and would consider myself a fan (not nearly as much as a I am of the Rams) and to see what really went on in that elevator was a huge disappointment for me as a supporter if his. I'm not sure what to think of it, a big part of me wants to think it was the alcohol, but his actions seemed premeditated. Considering I struggle with anger issues, I try to put myself in his shoes and I still can't come to any conclusion why he would do that. Self defense got thrown right out the window when he was shown instigating the altercation. He has done a great deal for the city of BAltimore and with his anti bullying charity that I hope his wife is right, and this should not be what we judge if him. Like someone said before, he has had no prior history of anything criminal. So to put it short I hope he gets his sh!t together, although I guarantee he already wrote his future in the nfl with his idiotic move.

Last edited:

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank God my friends didn't abandon me every time I did something stupid (and I've done some really stupid crap). That said, I never hit a woman either, so I don't know how much support I'd deserve for that. But if Austin wants to be there for his friend, then that's his prerogative. He's not defending his actions, so this doesn't appear to be a big deal other than the timing of it. People are still raw over the footage. Just tell people about it. You don't have to show people a picture of you posing with him to get your point across. Let the dust settle a little first, dude.

Spot on
I don't care one bit if he's his friend or not. For me, the timing is stupid. But that's just me... Peace and love to all y'all :D

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Beating women is quite a bit beyond "being stupid". I am unaware of any of my friends who beat their ladies. But if I ever did learn of that being the case, I have to say that my opinion of that person would SIGNIFICANTLY change.

My overall point is that Ray Rice is not the victim here.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
Im not a bible thumper but don't I remember something in there about Jesus hanging out with the sinners? Judge not lest ye be judged. I do know about forgiveness. In no way am I nor do I condone ray rices actions but wasn't there another raven involved in a double murder who everyone seemed willing to forgive. Seems like his name was ray to.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Like a few in here, and man I don't wanna go religion so it'll be brief, it's a sign of being Christian...forgiveness...nothing wrong with that. Sure Rice is going through a tough time...More tough one's coming ahead when the possible finality of it all sinks in....hope they're going to therapy. I bet she's blaming herself too...When you're at the top of the mountain, the fall is hard....

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
There's nothing wrong with someone praying for someone. We've all made mistakes. Obviously what Rice did was horribly wrong - and it will be with him the rest of his life. Hell, he probably won't ever play football again because of that one split second he made that awful decision. But he did it and he has to own up to it. Keep in mind too that Tavon is from Baltimore and was probably a big Ravens fan... so I'm sure he's just showing support to a guy he really looked up to. Hell, Rice's wife forgave him, we shouldn't get upset for others who are praying for them to get over this and hopefully have a good life moving forward.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Im not a bible thumper but don't I remember something in there about Jesus hanging out with the sinners? Judge not lest ye be judged. I do know about forgiveness. In no way am I nor do I condone ray rices actions but wasn't there another raven involved in a double murder who everyone seemed willing to forgive. Seems like his name was ray to.
Forgiveness is definitely in the cards.
In time though.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Beating women is quite a bit beyond "being stupid". I am unaware of any of my friends who beat their ladies. But if I ever did learn of that being the case, I have to say that my opinion of that person would SIGNIFICANTLY change.

My overall point is that Ray Rice is not the victim here.
If we are to believe some forms of mental illness are a disease, wouldn't whatever Ray's going through to make him strike a woman in such a way be some form of illness? I'm not sure but I bet he was drunk too....

RamWoodie

Legend
http://instagram.com/tayaustin01
This just popped up on my instagram... Tavon putting up a picture of himself and Rice saying
"Keep ya head up bro praying for you!!!"

Stupid
So what's stupid about praying that a young man gets control of his temper? Or perhaps you've never had to correct a flaw in your behavior???

Why not try to encourage people to behave better, than just write them off? It's easy to condemn...when it's not you...huh?

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Wow. Mistake? Sure, I'm all for praying that the peckerhead quits abusing his wife. Fine. We all agree on that. Your empathy is misplaced.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Wow. Mistake? Sure, I'm all for praying that the peckerhead quits abusing his wife. Fine. We all agree on that. Your empathy is misplaced.

Praying for someone is different than saying what he did was alright. No one is saying that. I think everyone agrees what he did was awful.

jjab360

Legend
Praying for someone is different than saying what he did was alright. No one is saying that. I think everyone agrees what he did was awful.
If anything it's the exact opposite. You only pray for someone when you think they need help.

beej

Rookie
My longstanding motto had always been, "be ready to forgive in a moments notice because in a moments notice you might need forgiven."

People plan their revenge ahead of time. Someone does this, I'll punch him in the nose. Some guy does that, he's dead. Why not plan forgiveness ahead of time. It's a simple, joyfilled way to live.

That's not to say people don't have to deal with the consequences of their actions. But you don't have to disown people who screw up. That's what Tavon is doing.
M2c

iced

Pretty sure people "pray for the sinners" all the time...

jjab360

Legend
My longstanding motto had always been, "be ready to forgive in a moments notice because in a moments notice you might need forgiven."

People plan their revenge ahead of time. Someone does this, I'll punch him in the nose. Some guy does that, he's dead. Why not plan forgiveness ahead of time. It's a simple, joyfilled way to live.

That's not to say people don't have to deal with the consequences of their actions. But you don't have to disown people who screw up. That's what Tavon is doing.
M2c
Off topic, but I was having a conversation the other day with some of my friends and they came to an almost consensus that if an unarmed man tries to rob their house in the middle of the night they would shoot them dead no questions asked. I think they're full of shit, but I don't understand the tough guy act. Maybe they actually do think that is what they would do in that situation, but I think you would have to either be a psychopath or a sociopath to actually follow through on that. Does anybody else think like that or know somebody that thinks like that?

Me personally, I think there's a million different things I would do in that situation, but ending a life without a second thought is not one of them.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Off topic, but I was having a conversation the other day with some of my friends and they came to an almost consensus that if an unarmed man tries to rob their house in the middle of the night they would shoot them dead no questions asked. I think they're full of crap, but I don't understand the tough guy act. Maybe they actually do think that is what they would do in that situation, but I think you would have to either be a psychopath or a sociopath to actually follow through on that. Does anybody else think like that or know somebody that thinks like that?

Me personally, I think there's a million different things I would do in that situation, but ending a life without a second thought is not one of them.
Me, if someone tries to rob my house, the assumption is he's armed until I search him ,,what's he gonna say "uh I got no gun but gimme your money and valuables"? Oh and THEN I take his word for it?:ROFLMAO:
So yeah if I have a gun ,I think I shoot,I have a wife and sons I need to protect ,that is not the thinking of a sociopath or psychopath,I think your biases are awfully judgmental and quite cavalier about the desire another might have to insure their own safety and that of their family.

You might want to reconsider your stance if it actually happens to you and consider HOW you would know the intruder was unarmed ,got a metal detector on the "burglars entrance"? or a sign " all burglars and robbers check your guns and other weapons here"?

It's not "tough guy" to take the position that an intruder in your house in the middle of the night bears you ill will, it's sensible,but somehow I don't think you've been faced with the situation and one of the things age has taught me is we never really know what we will do with guaranteed certitude until we are faced with reality instead of abstract,that is why I said I think I shoot, IF you own a gun you might too.
I join in the consensus of your friends .

jjab360

Legend
Me, if someone tries to rob my house, the assumption is he's armed until I search him ,,what's he gonna say "uh I got no gun but gimme your money and valuables"? Oh and THEN I take his word for it?:ROFLMAO:
So yeah if I have a gun ,I think I shoot,I have a wife and sons I need to protect ,that is not the thinking of a sociopath or psychopath,I think your biases are awfully judgmental and quite cavalier about the desire another might have to insure their own safety and that of their family.

You might want to reconsider your stance if it actually happens to you and consider HOW you would know the intruder was unarmed ,got a metal detector on the "burglars entrance"? or a sign " all burglars and robbers check your guns and other weapons here"?

It's not "tough guy" to take the position that an intruder in your house in the middle of the night bears you ill will, it's sensible,but somehow I don't think you've been faced with the situation and one of the things age has taught me is we never really know what we will do with guaranteed certitude until we are faced with reality instead of abstract,that is why I said I think I shoot, IF you own a gun you might too.
I join in the consensus of your friends .
What's wrong with yelling out "freeze, i have a gun"? No, it's just shoot first and ask questions later? Sorry, I find that extremely odd, value human life too much to take it away so easily. I feel like actually shooting a burglar should be a last ditch effort if and only if they display violent behavior after being confronted, common sense says that most would probably just run and if they steal something then so be it. I don't own any valuables that are worth killing someone over. And even though I probably would confront the burglar because I want to diffuse the situation, the smartest thing would probably be to just barricade yourself and your family and alert the police.

Like I said, there are a million options and choices that one could make in that situation and I don't see any reason that someone should jump right to the most violent one right off the bat. And even if you're within your rights and protected by the law in most states, it doesn't mean there won't be consequences, especially if it ends up that you used a disproportionate response.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So what's stupid about praying that a young man gets control of his temper? Or perhaps you've never had to correct a flaw in your behavior???

Why not try to encourage people to behave better, than just write them off? It's easy to condemn...when it's not you...huh?

What's with the sarcasm and negative comments?

I'm just putting my opinion out there. If you don't agree with it, I have no problem with that, but you don't see me posting sarcastic remarks about other peoples views do you?

Last edited:

RamWoodie

Legend
What's with the sarcasm and negative comments?

I'm just putting my opinion out there. If you don't agree with it, I have no problem with that, but you don't see me posting sarcastic remarks about other peoples views do you?
There's not one iota "sarcasm and negative" in my post. I simply posed a question...what's wrong with praying someone becomes a better person correcting their error.

Haven't you ever done anything you regret?

Rice did a pretty terrible thing...why is it "stupid" for TA to pray for him?