Tavon prays for Rice

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
It's not stupid. Yeah, Rice made a huge mistake and everyone is mad and disappointed in him. But hopefully he is learning from it and becoming a better person. Ray Rice still has friends and there's no reason his friends should abandon him.

Just saying.

RamsFan14

Starter
I agree, not stupid at all. If my kid did what Rice did, yea I'd probably say he's pretty stupid... But I'd still love and support him because everyone makes mistakes. Obviously some mistakes are worse then others, but I haven't heard about Rice getting in any other incidents in the past (could be wrong), so that does help him in my view. Rice made a terrible mistake, but this is a learning opportunity for everyone. I hope he proves that he's sorry, and I would like to see him get a chance to play again. The mistake was a bad one, but if it's true he hasn't had any trouble in the past, I don't think this should get him banned from football. Let this be a learning opportunity for everyone instead of making it seem all bad.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's not stupid. Yeah, Rice made a huge mistake and everyone is mad and disappointed in him. But hopefully he is learning from it and becoming a better person. Ray Rice still has friends and there's no reason his friends should abandon him.

Just saying.

Not saying they should abandon him...
but to put up a picture up with him the day after a video came out of rice bashing his wife's face in, saying I'm praying for you is bad timing and ill advised no?

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame

Just saying.

I agree but as a player trying to establish himself it might make more sense to support Rice privately. You would think he would want to separate himself from that. There are fans and critics, right or wrong that judge by the company you keep. I have no issue with Austin supporting a friend, but I don't think it was wise to do it publically. Plus how friendly is he really with Rice???

Big picture is was not the smartest thing to do.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I guess I'm not that forgiving of abuse. I would never let him play again. Not just because of what he did but because he also lied about it. He knocked a girl out and then contrived with his victim, or perhaps pressured his victim, to cover it up.

Any other job would fire him and no one in that field would hire him. It's time that stars get treated the same as the rest of us.

TA was just being a kid. He should have supported Rice in his recovery quietly and supported the victims of abuse publicly and sincerely IMHO. Where's TAs agent? Do your damn job dude.

RamsFan14

Starter
I guess I'm not that forgiving of abuse. I would never let him play again. Not just because of what he did but because he also lied about it. He knocked a girl out and then contrived with his victim, or perhaps pressured his victim, to cover it up.

Any other job would fire him and no one in that field would hire him. It's time that stars get treated the same as the rest of us.

TA was just being a kid. He should have supported Rice in his recovery quietly and supported the victims of abuse publicly and sincerely IMHO. Where's TAs agent? Do your damn job dude.

I'm seriously asking this question, not trying to be a butt about this, but what did Rice lie about? I know they were talking about it on ESPN and I texted a friend of mine, but he said he didn't lie about anything. So that does confuse me, was it about the aggressiveness of the hit?

Honestly, there's something really weird about this situation... His wife man, I'm not sure what to think. A lot of ppl think she's just there so she can get his money... But right now she's "standing" in his corner. What if she really loves him? Like I said, this is a weird situation and sad situation.

I'm an optimistic person but I also want to see him punished fairly. Ppl make mistakes, his was clearly bad... Very bad, but with his track record, idk if it's fair to ban him. I hope he learns and I hope for that couples sake, they are together for the right reasons. Ppl are calling for that couple to break off cause people think the wife wants Rices money. Can't comment on that, I just hope that's not true.

Sad situation folks.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I'm seriously asking this question, not trying to be a butt about this, but what did Rice lie about? I know they were talking about it on ESPN and I texted a friend of mine, but he said he didn't lie about anything. So that does confuse me, was it about the aggressiveness of the hit?

Honestly, there's something really weird about this situation... His wife man, I'm not sure what to think. A lot of ppl think she's just there so she can get his money... But right now she's "standing" in his corner. What if she really loves him? Like I said, this is a weird situation and sad situation.

I'm an optimistic person but I also want to see him punished fairly. Ppl make mistakes, his was clearly bad... Very bad, but with his track record, idk if it's fair to ban him. I hope he learns and I hope for that couples sake, they are together for the right reasons. Ppl are calling for that couple to break off cause people think the wife wants Rices money. Can't comment on that, I just hope that's not true.

Sad situation folks.

As I understand it, she said she started the physical altercation and they downplayed the aggressiveness of Rice.

If you were an important and highly compensated employee at Boeing and they saw this, would they fire you? Would you ever get to work in that industry again?

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Brave of Tavon Austin, but I respect his belief that we aren't here to judge our fellow human beings. If anyone needs praying for then it is those of us with troubled souls. Ray Rice is clearly one of those. Saying that doesn't mean I agree with what he's done, or have sympathy with him for being punished or it. He deserves everything he gets, but it shouldn't stop people praying for him to become a better person because of it.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Maybe part of Austins reasoning for doing it is because he grew up in Baltimore and Rice played for Baltimore. Rice is banned and the whole world is against him at this point. So who knows, Austin just is trying to bring some positive to him and that not everyone wants his life ruined.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Not saying they should abandon him...
but to put up a picture up with him the day after a video came out of rice bashing his wife's face in, saying I'm praying for you is bad timing and ill advised no?
I don't think it's ill advised. There is no shame in wishing someone well, in this case offering up prayers, for someone that did something terrible. He's not saying that Ray Rice should beat his wife but that he hopes Ray gets his life together and that this doesn't happen again.

I've got zero sympathy for Ray Rice and what he did has brought the demons out in me and I want his life to be miserable from this point on. However, Tayvon Austin is right. Janay and Ray need support (counseling, love, those sorts of things).

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Cold-Cocking your wife in the face is not a mistake. To me it says that he does it all the time he just accidentally knocked her out THIS TIME. My heart goes out to his poor wife. Him, I'd break his freaking kneecaps if she were my daughter/sister.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Cold-Cocking your wife in the face is not a mistake. To me it says that he does it all the time he just accidentally knocked her out THIS TIME. My heart goes out to his poor wife. Him, I'd break his freaking kneecaps if she were my daughter/sister.
Face it they are both sick puppies,she WAS charged too ,they have a sick relationship that warrants prayer from their friends .I don't doubt Rice has some excellent qualities that make guys like Tavon wish them well.it's easy for us to be abstract about it we aren't personally attached to the guy.
But yeah anyone hits my baby mutha be in some deep dew

Speeps

Starter
Not stupid at all. Rice is probably a friend. His friend made a dumb mistake. Is he just supposed to cut all ties?

jjab360

Legend
I see nothing wrong with what he posted. Praying for him is not the same as supporting his actions.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Thank God my friends didn't abandon me every time I did something stupid (and I've done some really stupid shit). That said, I never hit a woman either, so I don't know how much support I'd deserve for that. But if Austin wants to be there for his friend, then that's his prerogative. He's not defending his actions, so this doesn't appear to be a big deal other than the timing of it. People are still raw over the footage. Just tell people about it. You don't have to show people a picture of you posing with him to get your point across. Let the dust settle a little first, dude.

ShaneG

Starter
Thank God my friends didn't abandon me every time I did something stupid (and I've done some really stupid crap). That said, I never hit a woman either, so I don't know how much support I'd deserve for that. But if Austin wants to be there for his friend, then that's his prerogative. He's not defending his actions, so this doesn't appear to be a big deal other than the timing of it. People are still raw over the footage. Just tell people about it. You don't have to show people a picture of you posing with him to get your point across. Let the dust settle a little first, dude.

Worded perfectly.. couldn't agree more, X.