Tavon only player drafted in top 10 with positive rating.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Actually, he has received information that this stuff about Quick is true. Granted he is just a guy on a msg board that you don't know. I assure you though, for what it is worth, there is information, that comes from people on the team that supports how lost Quick is.
Hard to take a post from you supporting RFIP with nothing to back either of your statements as anything but opinions. I am out there looking for information on the Rams nearly every day and I have seen nothing but good things about how Quick has worked and progressed in his role from team mates.

"He’s doing a lot of things that maybe don’t make the headlines, but are helping us win," quarterback Kellen Clemens said. "You look at the long touchdown that Tavon had, the catch and run. There’s a reason why that entire half of the field was wide open when he turned the corner. It’s because Brian Quick took his man and put him into the Gatorade cooler. He really did. Go back and watch it. It’s awesome. It’s awesome to watch. He’s doing a great job. He’s got a role on this football and he’s doing a great job in that role.”

Name
JP
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hard to take a post from you supporting RFIP with nothing to back either of your statements as anything but opinions. I am out there looking for information on the Rams nearly every day and I have seen nothing but good things about how Quick has worked and progressed in his role from team mates.

"He’s doing a lot of things that maybe don’t make the headlines, but are helping us win," quarterback Kellen Clemens said. "You look at the long touchdown that Tavon had, the catch and run. There’s a reason why that entire half of the field was wide open when he turned the corner. It’s because Brian Quick took his man and put him into the Gatorade cooler. He really did. Go back and watch it. It’s awesome. It’s awesome to watch. He’s doing a great job. He’s got a role on this football and he’s doing a great job in that role.”

Yea, that's why I didn't want to post anything because then I look like an idiot. You can believe whatever you want, I would do the same as you if in the same situation.

I think that Quick was progressing well with Sam, but then that completely went away when KC took over, because obviously deep passes went off the table right then and there.

I just feel that in no way, shape, or form should BQ be the reason we pass on a guy like Watkins this year.

RFIP

Well to be honest coach, I am privy to some of this. In fact I used to be friends with a guy who has contacts on the staff and he WAS the biggest Quick fan around...until he continually got word of how dumb this guy is. He gave examples of what should have been tds but because he ran the wrong pattern the play either got Sam sacked or an int. And this guy also HATES Bradford, which is part of the reason we are no longer friends but oh well.

Just for the sake of adding a little perspective here. How can YOU possibly know that he "is lost between the ears"? Are you sitting in the meeting room? Are you watching film with him? Are you the one who is struggling to teach him the playbook? Are you privy to the information the coaching staff is expecting him to know, and the role they are asking him to fulfill? If so, please, by all means, share that inside information with the rest of us.

Or are you just spouting an of the cuff opinion as if it is fact?

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Well to be honest coach, I am privy to some of this. In fact I used to be friends with a guy who has contacts on the staff and he WAS the biggest Quick fan around...until he continually got word of how dumb this guy is. He gave examples of what should have been tds but because he ran the wrong pattern the play either got Sam sacked or an int. And this guy also HATES Bradford, which is part of the reason we are no longer friends but oh well.

If you say so. Regardless of his "contacts" its just another's opinion based on 3rd party "information". Sounds like another "they fired the equipment guy" and now he hates everyone in the organization, But boy he did like to share all the scoop from "in the locker room". Which is what got him fired to begin with.

You may believe it. I on the other hand, will remain skeptical. And even if it were true, Quick wouldn't be the first football player who wont be confused with a "scholar", and yet, they are more than capable of being great players. I will be the first to acknowledge, it has taken longer for him to make a difference than I had expected, but there isn't anything you can pass on (3rd hand) that makes me doubt the things I have witnessed FIRSTHAND both on the practice field, and on game day when he has been given opportunities to make a play.

RFIP

Tell ya what, I'm banned from the other board for another 3 weeks so I can't get to my PM's but once I do I will post the here and you can be the judge of what to believe or not.

The guy has all the physical skills in the world, so do lots of guys who fail. Who knows, maybe he does get it but if your the Rams you simple can not go into next year on a wim.

If you say so. Regardless of his "contacts" its just another's opinion based on 3rd party "information". Sounds like another "they fired the equipment guy" and now he hates everyone in the organization, But boy he did like to share all the scoop from "in the locker room". Which is what got him fired to begin with.

You may believe it. I on the other hand, will remain skeptical. And even if it were true, Quick wouldn't be the first football player who wont be confused with a "scholar", and yet, they are more than capable of being great players. I will be the first to acknowledge, it has taken longer for him to make a difference than I had expected, but there isn't anything you can pass on (3rd hand) that makes me doubt the things I have witnessed FIRSTHAND both on the practice field, and on game day when he has been given opportunities to make a play.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Tell ya what, I'm banned from the other board for another 3 weeks so I can't get to my PM's but once I do I will post the here and you can be the judge of what to believe or not.

The guy has all the physical skills in the world, so do lots of guys who fail. Who knows, maybe he does get it but if your the Rams you simple can not go into next year on a wim.

Seriously, you don't have to post anything more. ITs just not that big of a deal for me. Nothing you or I say on message board is going to have any impact on what they do or don't do.

I am NOT saying you are making this up, Have no reason to doubt that you have your legitimate reasons for your opinion. But it really doesn't change mine one way or another.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I don't care about PFF advanced stats or grades or w/e, all I know is that Tavon made an impact, which is good enough for me.

My hope next year is he can be used more in the offense.

RFIP

Seriously, you don't have to post anything more. ITs just not that big of a deal for me. Nothing you or I say on message board is going to have any impact on what they do or don't do.

I am NOT saying you are making this up, Have no reason to doubt that you have your legitimate reasons for your opinion. But it really doesn't change mine one way or another.

I did want to add coachO that a poster named Rams43 posted a lot of your camp reports this year and you do some fine work. I am also, not questioning you or your motives as we all want the same thing for Quick and the Rams.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

If the guy who told you this is playmaker, I wouldn't buy it. If not, disregard my post. I just know playmaker from another MB and he used to claim sources that imo, he didn't have.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

to my eyes quick was open plenty of times but clemens couldn't or wouldn't get the ball to him. his int against seaderral was an example of probaly why he wouldn't connect with quick, he can't make that throw. quick was position perfectly within the zone but clemens just overthrew him straight to the arms of the defender. and if he didn't overthrow him he probably would have underthrown him and been intercepted by the lb.

sam will find and hit quick. that panthers game had me drooling for more. until sam went down.