Tavon Awesome,Cordarelle Patterson highlights

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zero

Pro Bowler
here's hoping one of these two are wearing horns next year.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AAWC5t0trY[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjxkQXlCAfE[/youtube]

paceram

Pro Bowler
gibsonvillenc said:
here's hoping one of these two are wearing horns next year.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AAWC5t0trY[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjxkQXlCAfE[/youtube]

I hope the Rams choose Austin
On 2nd thought I hope they choose Patterson
On 3rd thought Austin
On 4th thought Patterson
Actually, I prefer Austin but will be happy with either one of them!!!

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Cordarelle Patterson is very raw, IMO he doesn't look ready for the NFL, he may be like Brian Quick, will need a year to get up to speed. If I was choosing between these two, I'd choose Austin - but i'd also be looking outside at Woods / Patton / Hunter

Zero

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
"I hope the Rams choose Austin
On 2nd thought I hope they choose Patterson
On 3rd thought Austin
On 4th thought Patterson
Actually, I prefer Austin but will be happy with either one of them!!! "

my thoughts exactly.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Given my choice, I'd take Patterson. I don't think he's as raw as some do. He wouldn't honestly be considered a top 3 receiver if he was that raw. He's Eric Dickerson with hands and better moves.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Neither one would break my heart. It's a tough call. Will Tavon get that kind of open space to start working in the NFL? Patterson has size and speed but again - he won't get away with some of that stuff in the NFL.

I will say that I don't remember seeing a player more able to set up the defender than what I see from Austin. I remember many of us were oohing and awing over Pead's shiftiness. He looked like a real ankle buster. The difference I see with Tavon is that though he has that ankle breaking shiftiness, he seems to be a couple steps ahead of everyone else in terms of where he is going and where he is going to make the defender go. He's like a skier picking his fall line - only fall lines don't move. He changes speeds with such fluidity, the defender never seems to be in the right position unless it's by accident. How many times are guys thinking, "I got him I got him I DON'T got him"?

I really like what I see out of Patterson too and I like his size. I think he will be NFL ready faster than BQ and may be from day one. I really think he is going to make an impact in his first season. The odd thing is, I see him more likely to get hurt than Tavon. He just doesn't seem to put himself in position to avoid the big hits. He makes a lot of players miss and he is hard to bring down but he takes hits at angles that make me nervous.

Over all - I think I'm leaning toward the little guy.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
What if they're BOTH gone by #16, what do we do then... pick BPA or the next best WR, and who might those be?

Psycho_X

Legend
I never watched much of Patterson, does he actually play WR more than those highlights let on? Because it's mostly just him running with the ball out of the backfield or on returns but doesn't showcase much in the way of receiving skills. He has nice balance and feet and got good field vision. Hips seem a little stiff at times and his game speed looked ok. All of his stop and go elusive runs are fun to watch but not sure he'll get a ton of those opportunities in the NFL without getting smashed or stripped while trying to juke to much. What I want to know is can he post up and beat a man down the field or can he go over the middle and catch the ball with a NFL safety coming down on him. That video didn't really show any of that.

Austin showed a lot of that type of stuff also but he looks more quick and unbelievably fast which would translate better in the NFL imo. So just going off these videos I'd have to go with Austin.

Vault 82

Rookie
I would be happy with either at 16. But I am completely on the Tavon Austin bandwagon. :)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
bluecoconuts said:
I still say take em both. Patterson at 16, Austin at 22. :twisted:
There it is. :nana:

Zero

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
bluecoconuts said:
I still say take em both. Patterson at 16, Austin at 22. :twisted:

Wouldn't be mad if they did.explosive playmakers. can never have enough of em

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I see quite a gap in talent between the two personally. I know I sound like a broken record, but seriously...can any of you name a player with Austin's abilities that has come out recently? Sorry, but Harvin doesn't compare favorably in my eyes. The last time I saw raw (football) speed like Austin's, and without as much amazing agility I might add...was Devin Hester. I think Austin > Hester. Speed is a KILLER at any level, but when you have a player that can run away from the competition at the NFL level, you have yourself a very valuable weapon. I think Tavon will run away from dudes at the next level. My guess is that there are plenty of coaches and GMs that agree. That is why I think he is gone before #16.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'd be happy with either one, but I think I'm leaning towards Patterson. He has ridiculous instincts after the ball's in his hands, and he's a MUCH bigger target for Bradford. That said, I'm willing to bet the Rams don't take either one and settle in on Jarvis Jones.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I want one or the other.

Our need at WR is one of the biggest remaining.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Patterson all day.
It's close. But with his size 6'2 216 pounds and his speed this guy can be special. He can play outside and win jump balls. For his size he's very elusive.
The only draw back is he's only had a playbook for one year so like Quick he might need to be redshirted most of year 1.

That said, Austin would be just fine.

iced

I see more out of Austin then I do out of patterson, especially as a receiver (austin looks more like a downfield threat). Then again never been sold on patterson, haven't seen anything that makes me crazy about him

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
X said:
I'd be happy with either one, but I think I'm leaning towards Patterson. He has ridiculous instincts after the ball's in his hands, and he's a MUCH bigger target for Bradford. That said, I'm willing to bet the Rams don't take either one and settle in on Jarvis Jones.

How dare you leave the Tavon bandwagon!!! Look, I see some things in Patterson as well, but one things I see is WAY too much LATERAL movement. That crap won't work in the NFL for someone his size/speed. Austin runs North/South...FAST. Go ahead and stop him. Personally, I would rather take Da'Rick Rogers if we don't take Austin. Big dude who gets separation and also knows how to use his body. As I said in another thread, he reminds me of Boldin. He may even be around in the 3rd.