Tavon Austin or Cordarrelle Patterson in 2013?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This was when there was little thought about Los Angeles and the Rams had two 1st round picks. I remember when ESPN101 was good, Randy Karriker, D'Marco Farr, and the hockey guy on the Fast Lane had Tony Softli on to discuss the upcoming 2013 NFL Draft. Softli was a Patterson homer. He'd get excited talking about him and would comment that he he was a bigger player than Tavon Austin. Softli also said that Patterson as more raw of a WR and would be better as a returner.

It looked like Austin as the better pick that year, as the Vikings didn't seem to know what to do with Patterson. Tavon was a good returner, but then I noticed that Cordarrelle Patterson is on the All Decade Team, along with Aaron Donald. WTF?

Last edited:

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Neither...but I'd take Oatterson if I had to have one. Tavon was a huge waste IMO.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Cordarelle Patterson is who I "wanted" at the time. Probably the last draft I got hype about draft picks. Lol, dude never eclipsed 500 yards receiving.

Cordarrelle Patterson had a bunch of KO returns for TDs I think; Tavon wasn't a KR, only a PR. The ole argument of how many more punt yards he would've gotten if it weren't for stupid holding and block in the back calls.

I loved Tavon's skill set; still do. Looking at the draft, the picks right after:

Dee Milliner, Chance Warmack, DJ Fluker, DJ Hayden, Sheldon Richardson, Star Lotulelei, Kenny Vaccaro, EJ Manuel, Jarvis Jones, Eric Reid, Justin Pugh, and then FINALLY Kyle Long.

God I remember the Kenny Vaccaro and Jarivs Jones hype.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

did anyone else get a sinking feeling when the screen flashed that the bills had traded their pick?

i was saying - please don't be the rams, please don't be the rams.

as soon as it showed the rams were up next i knew the pick was tavon.

sickening.

but after a few minutes i was excited the rams got him. thought he was gonna be explosive for the rams. and he was in his rookie season. by the end of it i thought he was gonna be a great player for the rams. huge regression in his second season. he was a td machine in his third season, but still not a great wr.

then he got his big contract and that's the last we saw of him. you have to know the player is serious about being a great football player before you give him a big contract.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I was in the Tavon camp.

I will never forget, however, first time I saw him in a Rams uniform... I remember thinking “Holy #*% he is small”.

The football looked like a sofa cushion when he carried it. Maybe it’s a retrospect thing, but that visual made me wonder if he was too small.

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
Yeah I remember that 2013 draft and actually being fine with the Tavon pick. I also would of been fine with Chance Warmack, who also ended up kind of being a complete bust. I really wasn't a fan of Kenny Vaccaro.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
I thought Tavon was going to come in and blow Danny Amedola’s slot production out of the water lol.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
You're so polite.

Just say it, they shit all over the living area floor.

One of them (it wasn't proven that Hopkins did it) also shit on the coffee maker. That's why I wanted to avoid Hopkins. I wasn't a fan of Tavon or Patterson; I was a Justin Hunter fan.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dang....Les Snead made the deal for Tavon Austin. He was there for all of he Fisher years since 2012. How did Les not get fired?

bluecoconuts

Legend
This was when there was little thought about Los Angeles and the Rams had two 1st round picks. I remember when ESPN101 was good, Randy Karriker, D'Marco Farr, and the hockey guy on the Fast Lane had Tony Softli on to discuss the upcoming 2013 NFL Draft. Softli was a Patterson homer. He'd get excited talking about him and would comment that he he was a bigger player than Tavon Austin. Softli also said that Patterson as more raw of a WR and would be better as a returner.

It looked like Austin as the better pick that year, as the Vikings didn't seem to know what to do with Patterson. Tavon was a good returner, but then I noticed that Cordarrelle Patterson is on the All Decade Team, along with Aaron Donald. WTF?

I'm glad that D'Marco Farr is still around, and I liked Tony Softli, saw that he's moved onto bigger and better things. Owns his own sport consulting company up here in Seattle and was part of their XFL team.

Randy Karraker is a fucking hack loser and I'm glad he's gone though. His continued tears fuel me.

Patterson seems to be the overall better player, even though neither are that good. Austin has more TD's then, but neither are really blowing anyone away there. Honestly, Patterson probably benefits from being a member of the Pats.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm glad that D'Marco Farr is still around, and I liked Tony Softli, saw that he's moved onto bigger and better things. Owns his own sport consulting company up here in Seattle and was part of their XFL team.

Randy Karraker is a fucking hack loser and I'm glad he's gone though. His continued tears fuel me.

Patterson seems to be the overall better player, even though neither are that good. Austin has more TD's then, but neither are really blowing anyone away there. Honestly, Patterson probably benefits from being a member of the Pats.
You know, I don't disagree with almost anything you said, except that Patterson is selected s part of the All Decade Team? I think of him as a JAG. What am I missing?