Tavon Austin: “Just Get the Ball in My Hands”

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Both I think. Better play designs and every time Austin seems to have a hole, he's swallowed by missed blocks or burned by penalties bringing plays back.

The problem I see with Austin and teams who have an Austin type, is that OUR plays develop in slow motion. They take FOREVER to start. You need quick developing plays for Austin like that reverse against the Bears or that run against the Cardinals.

She's got some abs on her. (y)

Tellin' ya, dream type girl. She pretty.
You noticed he Abs too! LUV me a Toned Woman!!

Philly5

Rookie
When Tavon does get the ball in his hands he needs to do more with it. Too much East/West and indecision. Looks like he does not have the confidence yet and is over thinking.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
You would think they would need to use him more for quick scores if the game is getting out of hand, right? Am I missing something too?

Your not missing anything but Fisher is. Tavon is the most explosive player on the roster. He's the one guy on the team who can put up a score from anywhere.

If anything he should be more involved as the deficit increases.

PhxRam

Your not missing anything but Fisher is. Tavon is the most explosive player on the roster. He's the one guy on the team who can put up a score from anywhere.

If anything he should be more involved as the deficit increases.

I would just keep feeding him the ball. He WILL break one with enough touches.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Ok. And when it is in your hands, could you please not dance around then run towards the sidlines
I remember seeing Barry Sanders stuffed behind the LOS for losses many times. ......then he would break a couple. Oh man, he'd be gone.

Ramathon

I wish they'd give Austin more of an chance as an outside receiver. He wasn't tethered within 5 yards of the LOS at West Virginia, and there's no reason to continue to use him in that limited capacity here.

A-freaking-men!

I just don't understand this whole seeming "we've got to devise some gimmick plays for him" mentality. After all, he's small, but he ain't all that much smaller than Desean Jackson, and DJ seems to do just fine on the outside.

Ramathon

Both I think. Better play designs and every time Austin seems to have a hole, he's swallowed by missed blocks or burned by penalties bringing plays back.

The problem I see with Austin and teams who have an Austin type, is that OUR plays develop in slow motion. They take FOREVER to start. You need quick developing plays for Austin like that reverse against the Bears or that run against the Cardinals.

Amen #2!

PhxRam

Ok. And when it is in your hands, could you please not dance around then run towards the sidlines

I remember seeing Barry Sanders stuffed behind the LOS for losses many times. ......then he would break a couple. Oh man, he'd be gone.

He is exactly who I was thinking of. Guy would have 10 carries for 5 yards and end up with 20 carries and 170 yards.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Or he breaks ,but point taken if you intend to make him a part he needs enough touches to get comfortable and let his instincts instead of his nerves take over.
I think if the Indy game had gone on another hour he'd have scored 6TD's

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
When Tavon does get the ball in his hands he needs to do more with it. Too much East/West and indecision. Looks like he does not have the confidence yet and is over thinking.

Ditto. I thought that changed last year toward the end.

He didn't get many touches in the preseason, so I can't help if things are going too fast for him again... Like pre-Indy 2013.

Let's see if things slow down this week.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Then catch it!

Honestly, I do think Tavon has big things in his future. Still figuring it all out - both him and the staff - but it's coming.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Too many of our plays with Tavon he's getting hit immediately or has a defender right on him...

His gift is in space. Schotty has got to figure that out.

Norv Turner pretty much gave him a how-to lesson last week. Let's hope Brian took notes.