Tavon Austin: “Just Get the Ball in My Hands”

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Apparently that's extremely hard to do. Schotty's been struggling to do it for going on two years, now.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Like the man said it's about EXECUTION,which brings up one of my favorite John McKay quotes ,asked what he thought about his Tampa Bay teams execution , said "I'm in favor of it":D

let's see if we can make Lovie identitfy GO RAMS

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Watch reporter Casey Phillips interview St. Louis Rams wide receiver Chris Givens after practice on Thursday. Givens: “We’re just trying to take advantage of our opportunities and maximize each play.”

Watch Givens Comments

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
If he can get open then someone will get him the ball. That being said create a play or two designed to get him the ball in space. By all accounts shotty has been doing this job for a while, now let's see some plays that play to Austin's skills.....that's what you were hired to do

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I just thought this thread could use a Little more Casey!:love:
10542734_834845156526219_223597393_a.jpg
10507983_719068658160814_1745411442_a.jpg
928314_1503131483256224_2077652666_a.jpg
10296746_255788954606333_52446160_a.jpg

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I wish they'd give Austin more of an chance as an outside receiver. He wasn't tethered within 5 yards of the LOS at West Virginia, and there's no reason to continue to use him in that limited capacity here.

jap

Legend
I wish they'd give Austin more of an chance as an outside receiver. He wasn't tethered within 5 yards of the LOS at West Virginia, and there's no reason to continue to use him in that limited capacity here.

He needs to employed all over the offense---in the backfield, in the slot, on the outside, at QB (Ok, just kidding with that one :LOL:). That way you do not make it easy for NFL DC's to game plan against him. However, they need to get his bigger teammates (Kenny, Brian Quick, Cookie, Zac, Benny, etc.) rolling first. That way, when Tavon is employed, the defense ought to feel like their hands are overflowing, and they can't contain them all. And all his teammates gotta turn into blocking machines when Tavon has the rock in his hands. The guy can literally score from anywhere on the field as long as he gets sufficient help.

SierraRam

Recreational User
“Just Get the Ball in My Hands”

When I saw this title, I was afraid Tavon was going 'diva' on us, but it's not the case. He said, "the main thing is to get the win." Good man.

He needs to be careful with a 'just get me the damn ball" quote. I'm glad this wasn't like that. He has had the ball more than a few times -
albeit, not enough. I saw a couple of punts get to his hands... briefly.

Athos

Legend
Post of the week goes to Dave.

On topic..

Yes, they need the ball in his hands, but in ways that actually make sense and are designed for successful. Not handoffs to Austin lined up behind the QB or flanking the QB.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I watch other teams with players like TA and their play calling is so much better. Or perhaps it's their execution. It's hard for me to tell. I DO know the receivers need to block better but it also seems like they have this play and they just write TAs name in instead of saying, this is how TA will kill you and designing the play for him.

When Fisher says they had to move away from using TA because the game score was out of hand, I just shake my head.

JTurner

Whatever happened to slant patterns? I hardly ever see the TE clear the zone and Tavon come underneath for the slant throw. Is it in the playbook? Rams used to live off the slant with Torey Holt.

JTurner

I watch other teams with players like TA and their play calling is so much better. Or perhaps it's their execution. It's hard for me to tell. I DO know the receivers need to block better but it also seems like they have this play and they just write TAs name in instead of saying, this is how TA will kill you and designing the play for him.

When Fisher says they had to move away from using TA because the game score was out of hand, I just shake my head.
You would think they would need to use him more for quick scores if the game is getting out of hand, right? Am I missing something too?

SierraRam

Recreational User
Like the man said it's about EXECUTION,which brings up one of my favorite John McKay quotes ,asked what he thought about his Tampa Bay teams execution , said "I'm in favor of it":D

The greatest quote ever from a coach! :LOL:

jap

Legend
You would think they would need to use him more for quick scores if the game is getting out of hand, right? Am I missing something too?

Fish probably felt they had overused Tavon to the point that the Minny D was starting to key on him. You want Tavon to be a surprise streak of lightening.

rdw

Pro Bowler
Apparently that's extremely hard to do. Schotty's been struggling to do it for going on two years, now.
Well, technically one year and a game. Also his rookie season wasn't a full season either.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Just one more Time for the TRUE Casey Fans..... If I knew how I would have edited the other's out of this photo!
10617108_712344808860208_915367061_a.jpg

Athos

Legend

Both I think. Better play designs and every time Austin seems to have a hole, he's swallowed by missed blocks or burned by penalties bringing plays back.

The problem I see with Austin and teams who have an Austin type, is that OUR plays develop in slow motion. They take FOREVER to start. You need quick developing plays for Austin like that reverse against the Bears or that run against the Cardinals.

Just one more Time for the TRUE Casey Fans..... If I knew how I would have edited the other's out of this photo!View attachment 3106

She's got some abs on her. (y)

Tellin' ya, dream type girl. She pretty.