Tavon 7th in touchdowns now....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Schotty just had no idea how to get TA the ball in an effective manner. TA had less than 4 touches a game as a rookie and about 4.5 last season. Right now he's getting only about 1.5 touches a game more at just over 6.

You don't have to force him the ball, just hand it to him. 9.1 YPC is amazing and it doesn't drop off when he touches the ball more. He hasn't had under 8 YPC when touching the ball 7 times or more. In his games where he touched the ball 10 or more times, he had 12 YPC.

The only game this season where his YPC dropped below 7 was the Seattle game. The last two games he has above average touches at 7 per game and 9 YPC. It's just amazing.

Setting the worries aside, the reality is, there has been no drop off in production this season when his touches go up. I just can't grasp why they won't give him the ball more.

If he had 10 touches in the first 3 quarters and then see where he needs to be from there based on the score, I'd be very pleased. Even if just to see how he handles it.

Against Seattle in Seattle, they are going to need him a LOT. I would bet that if he sees 7 or less touches, Rams lose and lose big. If he sees 12 or more, it's a win or very close.
Still doesn't mean his yards will go up. In reality they are simply more likely to drop because the offense will be more predictable.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yeah, I cringed reading people chide him for being a "bust". Or the BS about him being "overdrafted". There is literally no other player in the league that offers all of what Tavon is capable of. None. Zippy. Zilch. Zero. Doughnut. THAT is why you trade up for a guy like that.

You know I was thinking about this while I watched the game Thursday night.

A lot of posters slam him, and slam Fisher/Snead for not having "play makers" or "difference makers" and there is #11 right in front of their noses.

LULZ!

WvuIN02

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Tavon will never be leading the league in targets, that isn't he skill set. He isn't a world beating WR, the versatility he provides in the run game and in special teams are what make him a unique weapon. He is good in space, and he doesn't get that very often playing the traditional WR role.

Wes Welker wasnt a "world beating" wr either when he was getting 120-130 catches a season. You dont have to be Julio Jones to get targeted a lot. Antonio Brown is not in the mold of those guys either, sort an enigma in his own right as well.

Athos

Legend
You know I was thinking about this while I watched the game Thursday night.

A lot of posters slam him, and slam Fisher/Snead for not having "play makers" or "difference makers" and there is #11 right in front of their noses.

LULZ!

Play makers? Two yea. But we lack a playmaker at probably the most important position on the field in today's NFL.

Tho not having a consistent play maker at the WO position is always a problem.

RamzFanz

Damnit
More of this:

SpottedInfamousGallinule.gif

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Gotta admit, I was one of those who doubted Tavon would ever be worth the high pick. Not so much because of him, but because of their inability to utilize him correctly. He has a special skill set that not many can match, if any. Can you imagine what a creative offensive mind can do with a talent like that? And because he won't be a league leader in one offensive category the only way he'll make the pro bowl is as a returner.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Gotta admit, I was one of those who doubted Tavon would ever be worth the high pick. Not so much because of him, but because of their inability to utilize him correctly. He has a special skill set that not many can match, if any. Can you imagine what a creative offensive mind can do with a talent like that? And because he won't be a league leader in one offensive category the only way he'll make the pro bowl is as a returner.
I think the emergence of Gurley has had a lot to do with that, and I have to agree with that ... but being a pro bowler or not just isn't an effective measure of his overall impact for the team.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Play makers? Two yea. But we lack a playmaker at probably the most important position on the field in today's NFL.

Tho not having a consistent play maker at the QB position is always a problem.
FTFY

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
All that I know, is that Tavon has become one of our best players this year, and damn exciting to watch.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Austin was totally worth his draft spot.

He's a unique weapon, insane quickness, cut-ability, acceleration, speed, and can score anytime the ball is in his hands. Who else fits this description in the NFL right now?

I'd like to see a few more carries as a RB, which isn't among popular opinion. But, it gets him more touches.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Austin was totally worth his draft spot.

He's a unique weapon, insane quickness, cut-ability, acceleration, speed, and can score anytime the ball is in his hands. Who else fits this description in the NFL right now?

I'd like to see a few more carries as a RB, which isn't among popular opinion. But, it gets him more touches.
We really need to tailor the offense around him and Todd. The more I think about it, the more I'm on board with @jrry32's idea of getting that dipshit Colin Sackorpick on this team and run the read-option with Todd & Tavon in the backfield. The other missing piece would be a badass tight-end to peel off and get open downfield.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
We really need to tailor the offense around him and Todd. The more I think about it, the more I'm on board with @jrry32's idea of getting that dipshit Colin Sackorpick on this team and run the read-option with Todd & Tavon in the backfield. The other missing piece would be a badass tight-end to peel off and get open downfield.

I don't like CK... As a 49er. I also dislike other aspects of him as a leader.

But... Fisher knows how to reel in players that need a tug on the leash. Perhaps that resolves the leadership concern.

I believe CK might be a good fit here seeing how the QB class is a little unsettled and our draft position is outside top 10. Kaep is not a read the D quarterback, but he's got some talent to move an offense... In the right environment.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I've kind of scrapped that idea. Don't feel confident that we have the offensive acumen to run that system properly. Made sense to me if we were bringing in the Gase/McCoy combo.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I've kind of scrapped that idea. Don't feel confident that we have the offensive acumen to run that system properly. Made sense to me if we were bringing in the Gase/McCoy combo.
Of course you did. :sleep:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
He has 817 yards and 9 TDs on offense this year. Would love for him to have a couple strong games against SF and Seattle and finish with 1000+ yards from scrimmage and 10+ offensive TDs...but that might be asking too much.
I think this^ is very, very, doable!! (y):D:santa:

BlackSheep

UDFA
Also props to Tavon in the punt return game and I'm not talking about taking it to the house. I'm talking about decision making, fair catch, ball security, letting it bounce, etc. Remember all the previous years when you'd practically hold your breath on punt returns with the wild cards we've had back there in the past. I know he coughed one up at Baltimore but all in all a totally solid year in that department. Rounding into just a great "football player" period!