Takeaways from game 1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
We had some young guys who really helped themselves make a case to be on this roster: Michael Sam, EJ Gaines, Marcus Roberson, Chase Reynolds, and Alex Bayer come to mind.

On the losing side of some of those battles were Justice Cunningham and RJ Dill who may not survive the week.

Some guys who we know are making the roster had some pretty nice moments ....

Jared Cook, Corey Harkey, Stedman Bailey, and Tre Mason all looked good.

Aaron Donald - wow. The most exciting part of this game has been watching him so far.

Greg Robinson gave up two plays in pass protection - both appeared mental - but he also sprang a run or two and looked strong out there.

There was also some not so good. Ray Ray Armstrong didn't have a great day. The run defense in general showed some problems, missed tackles a big part of them.

The offensive line depth fell off quicky once we subbed in both pass protection and run blocking.

Things sure got sloppy at the end.

I think I'm glad they lost - it should make for a better mindset going forward.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
chinese_takeaway.jpg

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Thats how i saw it too overall pretty much. I don't like our kicker missing two in preseason with no pressure on a chip shot.

jjab360

Legend
E.J. Gaines and Lamarcus Joyner were both looking good in coverage and open field tackling at least until that last TD to Brandin Cooks.

I though Tavon looked like he wasn't really thinking like he was last preseason, he looked really fast and smooth on the 3 catches and the PR even if none of them were big plays. Big Greg made a couple mental errors, but still looked like the most impressive OL on the field to me, showing a ridiculous combination of power and foot speed and getting to the second level on multiple occasions. Can't wait to see what the OL looks like once Long and Saffold get back, Davin Joseph in particular looked scary bad at times, and Bond moved a lot more sluggish than I thought he would.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Robinson looked straight-up dominant. I tried to key on him, esp. after he moved out to tackle, and he had his man locked down every time I checked. Good feet, good hands, great strength... huge piece of the puzzle.

PhxRam

Robinson looked straight-up dominant. I tried to key on him, esp. after he moved out to tackle, and he had his man locked down every time I checked. Good feet, good hands, great strength... huge piece of the puzzle.

I was watching at a bar and got distracted a few times but didn't he blow a few assignments? (expected for a rookie of course)

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I was watching at a bar and got distracted a few times but didn't he blow a few assignments? (expected for a rookie of course)
I only noticed one when he was at guard, but that looked to be miscommunication between him and Barnes.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
There was one in pass pro where a guy went through unblocked. He looked confused.

I also saw him absolutely dominant at times. Once this guy's gets his hands on you, it's tough to get away.

PhxRam

There was one in pass pro where a guy went through unblocked. He looked concused.

I also saw him absolutely dominant at times. Once this guy's gets his hands on you, it's tough to get away.

Yeah I did see him on the second level a few times.

jjab360

Legend
Also, Tre Mason had an unimpressive YPC, but he had a nice run called back to penalty, and he looked really good, imo. I liked his quickness and decisiveness, his game translates really well to this level.

jjab360

Legend
Just watch him on this play for example. Robinson just stands Bunkley straight up and doesn't give up an inch. Gives a huge passing lane to Hill making for an easy TD.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Kyle Long and Mrs. All Pro to be Jake Matthews made major mental errors this weekend too. give Greg a lil break.

I to have to say, jake has sweeet feet, however, he looks to have very little power.

FRO

Legend
We also have to keep in mind that we had 9 starters who didn't even play. Can't wait to watch our run game behind our starting offensive line.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Also, Tre Mason had an unimpressive YPC, but he had a nice run called back to penalty, and he looked really good, imo. I liked his quickness and decisiveness, his game translates really well to this level.

That's just it. Sometimes you got to toss the numbers aside and trust your eyes.

Mason has that look. Just like some of us saw it in Stacy last year.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Just watch him on this play for example. Robinson just stands Bunkley straight up and doesn't give up an inch. Gives a huge passing lane to Hill making for an easy TD.

He owned him on that play. Bunkley was pretty much a statue once Robinson engaged him.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was also very impressed with the play of Shaun Hill. Easily the best backup we've had in some time.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Early here down in the red zone where we have continued to have issues the entire five Ram OL....3 of which are reserves worked very effectively. Its very possible these three reserves (Joseph-Person & Barnes) seen here will be the regular 3 OL reserves dressed on game day during the regular season.

When Long-Wells & Saffold return to the lineup. What we saw later in the 2nd half playing OL will either be looking for work or on our PS. To summarize we should feel pretty good from what we saw of these top reserves!:)