Take the Sam's last chance talk somewhere else

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I will continue to say this in response to Sam's fans; he doesn't win. Most of his stats came in garbage time. I could list the negative points in Sam's game but that would be unnecessary. Sam is supposed to be an elite talent, but what do we as a team have to show for his 4 years in St Louis? Nothing.... Look I appreciate your wanting to be positive. I want that too but am forced to see Sam for what he is.....average at best. I hope I'm wrong, I hope he kills it this year, I hope we go to the playoffs because we should. No more excuses from anyone on the team, we have the talent, coaching and ownership we need to be successful. So my final thoughts in this thread are simple, let's win and after my apology for doubting Sam, we can move on to bigger and better things. If Sam dogs it or gets injured again, I hope to hear from you in return.
"Dogs it"? From your thoughts on the matter, I'd have guessed you were talking about Ryan Leaf or something. While it's true that Bradford hasn't won a lot of games as the starter for the Rams it isn't at all like he's been hurting the team. He's progressively gotten better each year and it seems, to me, obvious that it is the surrounding team that has needed upgrading.

It's possible that Bradford doesn't have what it takes but until I see him with consistent NFL talent at WR(or o-line or running back) then it's going to be pretty tough for anyone to make a definitive assessment of him.

Nothing to show for Bradford's 4 years? "Nothing"? It seems that you may not be too objective on this point.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Holy smokes he's never dogged it.

People way overrate a quarterback's importance to a team. Even if a QB is the most important position, what is the percentage of his impact versus the TEN other starters on the field supporting him? What about the other ELEVEN other starters on defense? Ok, now what about the rotation and depth players? Still want to draft a quarterback? There are fifty two other players on an NFL team, and this being a team sport heavily dependent on the impact of rotational players that's a pretty high number indeed.

Yeah, I know that there are people who focus on that media hyped player called a quarterback and ignore the other 52 players on the team. And that fits in so well with the fantasy football mindset right? But the reality will always be that people overrate a quarterback's importance to a team.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I will continue to say this in response to Sam's fans; he doesn't win. Most of his stats came in garbage time. I could list the negative points in Sam's game but that would be unnecessary. Sam is supposed to be an elite talent, but what do we as a team have to show for his 4 years in St Louis? Nothing.... Look I appreciate your wanting to be positive. I want that too but am forced to see Sam for what he is.....average at best. I hope I'm wrong, I hope he kills it this year, I hope we go to the playoffs because we should. No more excuses from anyone on the team, we have the talent, coaching and ownership we need to be successful. So my final thoughts in this thread are simple, let's win and after my apology for doubting Sam, we can move on to bigger and better things. If Sam dogs it or gets injured again, I hope to hear from you in return.

I will continue to rebut this argument with IT IS A TEAM SPORT:doh:

Saying the QB doesn't win is the same as saying the equipment manager doesn't wino_O

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
You are. (y)

oldramfan

bigramfan1966
Holy smokes he's never dogged it.

People way overrate a quarterback's importance to a team. Even if a QB is the most important position, what is the percentage of his impact versus the TEN other starters on the field supporting him? What about the other ELEVEN other starters on defense? Ok, now what about the rotation and depth players? Still want to draft a quarterback? There are fifty two other players on an NFL team, and this being a team sport heavily dependent on the impact of rotational players that's a pretty high number indeed.

Yeah, I know that there are people who focus on that media hyped player called a quarterback and ignore the other 52 players on the team. And that fits in so well with the fantasy football mindset right? But the reality will always be that people overrate a quarterback's importance to a team.

QB is the most important position in ANY sport

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
QB is the most important position in ANY sport
Nah. The goalie is. To fans?

But is the QB more important than the other ten people on the field together?

The way that people talk he's more important than the sum of the other 52 players.

Not so. Chickenhawk say defense win you super bowl. It's just more economical to implement is the trend now.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Nah. The goalie is. To fans?

But is the QB more important than the other ten people on the field together?

The way that people talk he's more important than the sum of the other 52 players.

Not so. Chickenhawk say defense win you super bowl. It's just more economical to implement is the trend now.
I have to admit, being a goalie must be a challenge considering how hard it must be to stay awake.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I have to admit, being a goalie must be a challenge considering how hard it must be to stay awake.
When those 100mpg slap shots are heading your way?

At least in hockey you get to punch people when you want to.