Take it or leave it: Amendola > Tavon Austin

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram65

Legend
Let's not forget Danny A had some big punt returns too.

Let's give Tavon A a couple more years. He had 10 TD last year. He will be get better and be better with Goff.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let me understand the question.
Who would I rather have between a broken down 30 year old that had to give up money to stay with New England or a 25 year old who's had to play his career with Kellen Clemens, Shaun Hill, Austin Davis, Nick Foles and Case Keenum?
Is this a serious question?

RamWoodie

Legend
Don't compare the guys...take them for what each is good at. Now...ask me if I had the pick of either guy who would I take?...I'm taking TA all day.

The kid is simply explosive...and..still learning.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Watkins wasn't in the same draft class, though. Keep in mind that Mike Evans and Odell Beckham Jr. were both drafted after Watkins in his own class and are arguably better WRs. If we're talking about what we wish we had, I'd be pining more after OBJ than Watkins.

I was thinking of Deandre Hopkins same school wrong player. I'd prefer the pure receiver with a better ability to get open. I guess that is obvious. Holt was taken 6th and Tavon 8th. Big contrast in talent IMO. If I trade up to get a player I want greatness to be the reason. Maybe with Goff Tavon can do more, but I think we have seen what he overs and there isn't much more. Hope not. I agree to that Evans or more so OBJ were better choices.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Let me understand the question.
Who would I rather have between a broken down 30 year old that had to give up money to stay with New England or a 25 year old who's had to play his career with Kellen Clemens, Shaun Hill, Austin Davis, Nick Foles and Case Keenum?
Is this a serious question?

I think the Question is what Danny did with the Rams in the beginning or what Tavon did. Health is the biggest knock that probably cancels Danny out, but just talking pure ability I think Amendola ran better routes, had better hands and kept play's going when things broke down. He was the main man for Sam when he was with the Rams.

Ramatik

Starter
Anyone who says Amendola just is nuts. He's a highly intelligent player, as evidenced by him leaving our abysmal offense and seemingly constant QB fiasco for a team that understood the passing game.

The answer is Simple, if Austin was on Patriots this entire time and Amendola had stayed a Ramona, what would the stats be? Would this question even warrant asking?
Give each player the same amount of touches on the same team, Austin would win so convincingly, Amendola would be playing on Special teams, and not as a returner.

Well said. Amendola isn't a pure anything. He's a little guy that tries really hard. Not even on the same level as Austin. People call Austin a gadget player. I agree, that is stupid.

We needed gadgets to get the ball to the guy. Because the Rams had crap for QB, OL, Offensive Schemes, supporting cast etc. Now, I don't have the coaches red zone crap and am not a scout in my own head or anything... but he was one of the few bright spots. And now, nobody hears about him. It's all about the other little guy with beard.

I don't know if he'll live up to the expectations people had for him due to where he was drafted. But Austin would be the choice to fill a roster spot any day any time. Because the next day lil' danny would be hurt. Nobody even knows who he is! If you weren't a Ram fan just trying to find somebody to cheer for you still don't know who he is unless you are a Patriot actual football fan. (we know there aren't many of those)

Sheeesh, that's just a stupid question.