Take it or leave it: Amendola > Tavon Austin

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
That discussion truly drives home the importance of QB.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Amendola has the guts of lion, I really love the guy, even now playing for the Pats. He's a different WR to Austin. But if I'm looking for a go-to guy WR I'm probably leaning towards Danny.. But if i want a player that can act as a 2nd RB, be one of the best PR in the business and still be an awesome Wr then I'm taking Tavon ;)

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Tavon all day, every day, and especially on Sundays.

jap

Legend
You get plus and minuses with each. Amendola could run great routes and catch the rock, but he was much more quick than fast. We have seen him run down from behind way too much on plays Tavon would have taken the distance with ease.

Tavon struggled with his numerous roles early on but has been rounding into shape lately. Up to now, his only exposure to an accurate NFL QB has been Sam the ex-Ram. Now he gets someone who is better than Sam with touch passing. Tavon can continue playing part-time RB, but the presence of Jerad will allow him to line up outside and use his speed & quickness downtown, especially when The Express! is rumbling, and DC's are afraid to pull too many out of the box and give Todd more advantage.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I love me some 'Dola, but Austin has playmaking ability that Danny can only dream of.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
At the same stages in their career I take Amendola, but it is difficult to compare them because one is a great WR that makes plays on his own. The other is a gadget player that the team has to scheme open.

If Tavon could make plays consistently in a traditional WR role, then it would be different. He didn't come up with the clutch catches like Danny did time and again. Amendola was the Rams only real WRing threat and he was still making third down catches.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
If I hear Austin referred to as a gadget player one more fucking time , my head's going to :headexplosion:.

That is nothing but stupid and lazy. Period.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
TA is a potential TD every time he gets the ball. DA is a nickel and dimer.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
TA is a potential TD every time he gets the ball. DA is a nickel and dimer.

Their career average yards per catch is exactly the same...9.4

The first two years for each player with the Rams- Amendola had 43 and 85 catches to Austin's 40 and 31.

Average receiving yards per game for Amendola for first three years is 23/43/45 Tavon 25/32/16

Amendola is a slot receiver and made clutch catches regularly. Austin is a GADGET PLAYER and has to be specially schemed to get the ball in his hands because he hasn't been able to be affective as a traditional WR.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What would TA look like with a quarterback like Brady throwing to him? Hopefully we will find out soon enough and then we can compare.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Stupid me. I think I forgot to add that Tavon is a Gadget player. I am trying my hardest not to be so lazy, in case you haven't noticed.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I agree with Farr.
As a pure receiver its Amendola.
As a scorer, playmaker, YAC guy and for reliability/durability i want Tavon.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
What would TA look like with a quarterback like Brady throwing to him? Hopefully we will find out soon enough and then we can compare.

Probably pretty good if he gets good at running routes. As is, he would still struggle to get open, but I am sure the Belicheats would scheme him open just like the Rams

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm taking Tavon as a football player. Amendola was the better pure WR, though. That all said, Austin can pass him if he continues to develop his game. And I feel like he hasn't gotten a fair shake yet due to how poor our QB play was last year. Austin's route running looked much improved last year.