1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sweet TD Catch By Bailey During OTA's

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by A55VA6, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Mojo Ram On double secret probation

QB might have gotten crushed before he got that pass off IMO. Major pressure.

Great catch
    Nice throw
    Good pressure
    :D

2. Thordaddy Binding you with ancient logic

I'm not a DB coach, but when the CB is lined up 5 yards deep and gets one legal chance to knock the guy off his route and your only ten yards from the end zone,Id say the rec. is at a pretty distinct advantage,looks to me like by that time TRU would have been as well off to just run with him.
    It was a nice catch and all, but when the leather starts popping ,I hope we don't get any wrs hurt cuz the smack talked during the touch football phase

lockdnram21 likes this.
  3. sostl Active Member

I believe that's Quinn

4. BigRamFan Living the life Jimmy Buffett only sang about.

I did see that! No way that pass gets out if not for the red jersey.

5. Memphis Ram Well-Known Member

Great play. I have no idea what would have happened in an actual game. But, I'd guess that Bradford would have thrown to the slot WR.

6. junkman No longer a grumpy old troll

Geez, mighty Quinn. This game is too easy for him, esp when lined up against Hooey and Person.

Hill might have gotten off the pass, but he doesn't get up to throw the next pass.

TruJo had perfect positioning (maybe he could have turned around), but no reason to be embarrassed. It's just that when your WR has flypaper hands, sometimes that's just too good.

7. BigRamFan Living the life Jimmy Buffett only sang about.

Agreed @junkman , I think Steady is going to have a nice season in spite of the 4 game "vacation".

8. blackbart Well-Known Member

I don't know why Tru would be disappointed with himself on that play you can't cover a guy much better than that, it was just a great catch.

9. RamsAndEwe Member

Wide receivers versus DB's...During OTA's, who has the advantage? Offense of defense? I'm sure OTA's are different then full contact game conditions. I don't know if OTA's favor offenses or defenses.

10. blackbart Well-Known Member

Offensive guy always has the advantage of knowing where he is going

11. RamsAndEwe Member

So I should take these TD strikes with a grain of salt? I shouldn't worry about Trumaine Johnson? I shouldn't buy a Kenny Britt Jersey...yet?

12. RamzFanz Well-Known Member Pit Boss

Yeah, that move sure looks like the Mighty Quinn.

If there is a 4 game stretch where the Rams could have success without Bailey, the first 4 is probably it. I want him there when Rams knock the Hawks out of the playoffs week 16.

LesBaker likes this.
  13. RamzFanz Well-Known Member Pit Boss

Correct. But you could confidently buy a Bailey jersey!

You know we're football starved when we are discussing this play.

LesBaker likes this.
  14. ChrisW Well-Known Member

I noticed in that offensive OTA teaser video when you saw Britt, he caught the ball against his body. But Bailey snagged the ball out of the air with his hands. Hands catchers look so much more natural. It's beautiful.

15. DR RAM Rams Lifer

Nice throw, having confidence in your receiver, nice catch by Bailey, ugh, we will miss him the first 4 games, we can't keep shooting ourselves in the foot. Lastly, pretty good coverage by Tru. As a CB, in that technique, which we all want them to play, not much you can do on that, except, when in pads, you attack his arms all the way to the ground.

16. fancents86 Member

Am I the only one who doesn't get a vid when I click the link?

17. LesBaker Mr. Savant

hopefully he has a great year and you can get one next season after they sign him to a cap friendly long term deal

18. blackbart Well-Known Member

I would say yes, no and are they available???

In these practices the defenders aren't playing completely as they would in live action, getting their hands in there and ripping at the ball when it arrives. Tru was in great position, knocked Bailey off his route a bit and did about all they will allow in these practices I see nothing to be concerned with.

As for the jersey I think there are several other players more worthy at this point but everyone has their favorites if he's your guy go for it!!

19. Athos Well-Known Member

Kept telling people before the draft he's a better pure WR than Austin. Unfortunately he had to be a complete dumbass. It mystifies me how, with all these suspensions for foreign substances in players bodies, they don't check with the team doctor/coach/etc before ingesting crap that could lead to 4 game bans.

Hopefully Bailey doesn't lose his edge sitting on the bench for 5 weeks.

20. ChrisW Well-Known Member

I don't think there was any question in his mind that smoking pot would get him a suspension. It was pot wasn't it?