Survey: How Confident Are You in Les and Fish?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How can anyone who knows football not have serious questions about Fisher's talent acquisition and development skills!
2014 Rookie of the year, Aaron Donald
2015 Rookie of the year, Todd Gurley
Yeah, how can you question that?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Look, I get it. Any sports fan wants to win and wants to win now, especially in our entitlement driven instant gratification society we now live. Fisher has had the allotted time of an NFL coach to win even with the dismal state of affairs with the Rams upon his arrival. But like I said, the move essentially gets him another chance and I'd say that chance is two seasons as long as he doesn't put an embarrassing product on the field this season. And I think that is going to be far from the case. Does anybody think Fisher doesn't realize what needs to be fixed? If he thinks he can fix it in one off season, he will. If not, we are looking at a two year "do or die" project. If the Rams are not in the playoffs by then, you can give us your short list of new coaches because the Rams will have one. In the meantime, you might as well pull for Fish and the front office to succeed and not come here to poo poo their efforts. Positive vibes is all we have here at times and it is what survivors use to get to the end of the rainbow and still be here when that RAMS ship arrives in the promised land. Can we stay positive until at least you don't like the draft picks this year? You very well may enjoy the ride.:shades:

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
How can anyone who knows football not have serious questions about Fisher's talent acquisition and development skills! The free agency acquisitions have been lamentable for the most part. The design of the offense is built to lose. Teams will shut down Gurley and the Fisher offense won't be able to do enough to win 10, 11, 12, 13 games. All the losing has made Ram fans ready to settle for a mere shot at achieving 9-7. Fisher believes in Case. That alone would be enough to question his decision making ability. The team isn't well-coached on game day as the ridiculous amount of penalties indicates. If you like losing seasons and a mediocre record, by all means drink the kool-aide.

I've heard that the second ACL tear to Bradford was actually designed that way, and the implosion of Foles too. Because it's the way Fisher and his low IQ and zero football brain wanted it.

I don't profess to be a football genius, and I don't even live in the USA, but I can tell you I've been a Rams fan since we drafted a guy called Eric Dickerson, FYI, he was the one that ran funny and wore glasses. I've seen ups and downs along the way and were on an upward drive at the moment. I'm not saying that Fisher is a total genius, and I've often mentioned in other posts that I have concerns about his / his coaches ability to get the best from his QBs and WRs. But he has been trying to fix things, we've just been shit out of luck at the QB department. Is Case THE guy? Probably not. Can he win games for us? Most definitely. So for the time being he IS the Rams QB and I will be behind him 100% as I always have been.

As @flv mentioned, if you see me in a bar, don't join me at the table, because my glass is always half full and I think yours is always half empty.

If you have such dislike for the Rams, go do something else, life's too short for this bitterness my friend.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I guess most of you are willing to give Jim Buss more years to return the Lakers to glory. I'm a psychologist who has studied organizational and leadership psychology in some depth and I know how the decision makers of any organization, their strenghts and weaknesses, filter down into every level of the organization and ultimately determine the quality of the product and services they co-create. As a lifelong Ram fan, I've seen how owners, GMs, and HCs get in the way of a team's success and a fan's enjoyment ofthe game they love. I live by the maxim, expect the worst and hope and cheer for the best. Trust me, I will be urging and shouting on our Rams every week when the games begin like I've done for since Farragammo hit Waddy to crush the spirits of Dallas fans in Big D. I was there! oh, my!

During the off-season it's irresponsible of fans to remain blind homers to a fault. Yes, Ram fans should be concerned that after 4 years of Snisher we have an offense in its present state. Yes, it's okay to question the approach of HCs who can't create a championship contender. I won't apologize for my skepticism but I will express regret that my opinions irritate and u[set fellow Ram fans. I'm always astonished that so few Ram fans can have reservations about a team that continues season after season to disappoint and fail.

It's a democracy here and freedom of speech is alive and well in Los Angeles.

Believe me, if Case becomes a good QB, I'll even buy and wear a #17 jersey to add to my collection: Ferragammo, Warner, Bruce, Faulk, Youngblood, Cromwell, Holt, and others.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
I guess most of you are willing to give Jim Buss more years to return the Lakers to glory. I'm a psychologist who has studied organizational and leadership psychology in some depth and I know how the decision makers of any organization, their strenghts and weaknesses, filter down into every level of the organization and ultimately determine the quality of the product and services they co-create. As a lifelong Ram fan, I've seen how owners, GMs, and HCs get in the way of a team's success and a fan's enjoyment ofthe game they love. I live by the maxim, expect the worst and hope and cheer for the best. Trust me, I will be urging and shouting on our Rams every week when the games begin like I've done for since Farragammo hit Waddy to crush the spirits of Dallas fans in Big D. I was there! oh, my!

During the off-season it's irresponsible of fans to remain blind homers to a fault. Yes, Ram fans should be concerned that after 4 years of Snisher we have an offense in its present state. Yes, it's okay to question the approach of HCs who can't create a championship contender. I won't apologize for my skepticism but I will express regret that my opinions irritate and u[set fellow Ram fans. I'm always astonished that so few Ram fans can have reservations about a team that continues season after season to disappoint and fail.

Believe me, if Case becomes a good QB, I'll even buy and wear a #17 jersey to add to my collection: Ferragammo, Warner, Bruce, Faulk, Youngblood, Cromwell, Holt, and others.

Jim Buss and Snead/fisher are completely different. Buss has turned an annual playoff team into a bottom feeder. Snead/Fisher turned a historically bad roster into a talented and playoff caliber roster. The only talent the lakers have really added since Jim buss took over has been Russell, Clarkson, and Randle, 2 of which only happened due to them sucking by not landing FAs like they normally would.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Jim Buss and Snead/fisher are completely different. Buss has turned an annual playoff team into a bottom feeder. Snead/Fisher turned a historically bad roster into a talented and playoff caliber roster. The only talent the lakers have really added since Jim buss took over has been Russell, Clarkson, and Randle, 2 of which only happened due to them sucking by not landing FAs like they normally would.

So right, the 2 scenarios could not be any different. being both a Laker and rams fan for my whole life I am very disappointed in Laker management and cant believe what they have done. On the other hand the rams management has turned things around and done it pretty fast. I live right outside buffalo and the bills management has kept that team from succeeding for years, I am so happy the rams have hired the right people , hate them if you choose but fish and Snead have done big things and will be even better in LA that alone should attract more players.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I've heard that the second ACL tear to Bradford was actually designed that way, and the implosion of Foles too. Because it's the way Fisher and his low IQ and zero football brain wanted it.

No, not true at all - Stan instructed him to do that to keep fans away in St. Louis to justify the move ... didn't you get the memo?

As @flv mentioned, if you see me in a bar, don't join me at the table, because my glass is always half full and I think yours is always half empty.

I see you're from Wales, but if you were from Ireland, you'd be a "glass half way to the next beer" kind of guy ;)

During the off-season it's irresponsible of fans to remain blind homers to a fault.

Who is being a blind homer? There is plenty of criticism of Fisher on this thread (conservative offense, inability to consistently win outside the division, etc.). But it's hardly homerism to point out what he has done right (as well as Snead and Demoff). They've drafted and developed a lot of good players, and on defense they've done so without any significant misses. Many of those you allege to be blind homers have criticized his approach to offense as well as the uneven drafting and development of players in that unit, and rightfully so. But they have also pointed out some mitigating circumstances.

If there is any blindness in this thread, it's in angry, uncontrolled rants like this:

How can anyone who knows football not have serious questions about Fisher's talent acquisition and development skills!

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
No, not true at all - Stan instructed him to do that to keep fans away in St. Louis to justify the move ... didn't you get the memo?

Memo, ohh hang on, did it have a picture of a cheerleader on it, words go all blurry for me then... ;)

I see you're from Wales, but if you were from Ireland, you'd be a "glass half way to the next beer" kind of guy ;)

It's no joke, I've just drank my last beer and there's no more alcohol in the house :(

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I'm a psychologist who has studied organizational and leadership psychology in some depth

You are most welcome to express your negativity about the state of the team but as an educated and trained psychologist, who hopefully did some reading here before joining up and posting , you shouldn't be surprised that a Rams forum which accentuates the positive would have some members that vehemently disagree with your point of view.

During the off-season it's irresponsible of fans to remain blind homers to a fault.

No, that happens to be the normal way for a Rams fanatic to act. The season is the time for teeth-gnashing and anguish when things aren't going well for the team. The off-season is the time when hope springs eternal and fans of every team envision a Super Bowl trophy hoisted by their players. Every team is 0-0 at that point and anything is possible, right? To be cynical and negative during the off-season, especially before the draft, should not be the norm, imo.

Internet forums are not run by democracy and free speech. The owners decide what can be posted and not posted. Not being one of the owners here, I'm under the same restraints as everyone else.

As far as the Rams go; we're not yet where I want us to be but at least we're not where we used to be. I give credit to Fisher and Snead for that. They took a team that was the SameOldSorryAssRams and turned it into a team that is feared. Ask Seahawks fans about that. I'm not a big fan of Jeff Fisher but I give credit where it's due.

I look forward to reading many more of your threads and posts and hope the Rams come through with a season that ends with us being in the playoffs. Welcome to ROD, Rams brother. (y)

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
How can anyone who knows football not have serious questions about Fisher's talent acquisition and development skills! The free agency acquisitions have been lamentable for the most part. The design of the offense is built to lose. Teams will shut down Gurley and the Fisher offense won't be able to do enough to win 10, 11, 12, 13 games. All the losing has made Ram fans ready to settle for a mere shot at achieving 9-7. Fisher believes in Case. That alone would be enough to question his decision making ability. The team isn't well-coached on game day as the ridiculous amount of penalties indicates. If you like losing seasons and a mediocre record, by all means drink the kool-aide.

Tell us something you DO like about this organization, I'm under the impression you're not happy with anything.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

Your football knowledge is amazing me. :sleep:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
"Not wanting to start a negative thread"

I'm calling bullshit
And I'll raise you a Get the Fuck Outahere. Might as well have said, "I don't want to make it my goal to shit on Fisher/Snead in every post but...."

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not wanting to start a negative thread but

Went from not wanting to start a negative thread to a vehement bash fest :D

Fisher and Snead are drafting well. People that say they aren't want all draft picks to be hits and stick with the team. Yet those same people expect them to make big splashes in free agency. Sorry in the real NFL it doesn't work that way. Madden sim leagues it might though. Do people like how Fisher handles the offense? I doubt you'd find 5 people on here who are happy with it. But your level of negativity shrouds your judgement IMO and refuses to acknowledge anything that Fisher does right. But hey its a long off season we only have a couple more weeks until the draft then about 4 more months till they put the pads on and start playing. I'm sure we'll get another dozen threads just like this!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes, it's okay to question the approach of HCs who can't create a championship contender.

Just a thought here but maybe instead of creating colorful ways of telling us how you feel about Fisher show us what you would have done. We have the whole draft forum where people put up mock off seasons. Show us how it's done. Also for the record most all of us question Fisher. You just make it a vitriolic art form.

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
2014 Rookie of the year, Aaron Donald
2015 Rookie of the year, Todd Gurley
Yeah, how can you question that?

That is truly awesome, don't get me wrong. I like Les a lot and I think he's had some great late round pickups as well but the 2-4 rounds always kind of scare me. We seem to consistently take players in those rounds that are developmental. The best example I can think of was taking Quick over Alshon Jeffery. Like come on. Jeffery, to me, was a sure thing. And he was. Quick, well, the jury's still out, but it's not looking that great. He's shown flashes but we haven't seen enough of it. Don't even get me started with I. Pead...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That is truly awesome, don't get me wrong. I like Les a lot and I think he's had some great late round pickups as well but the 2-4 rounds always kind of scare me. We seem to consistently take players in those rounds that are developmental. The best example I can think of was taking Quick over Alshon Jeffery. Like come on. Jeffery, to me, was a sure thing. And he was. Quick, well, the jury's still out, but it's not looking that great. He's shown flashes but we haven't seen enough of it. Don't even get me started with I. Pead...
So every draft pick should hit? Sorry but the best GM's are at best 50% hit on draft picks. There are no sure things in the NFL draft either.

nighttrain

Legend
On paper, Snead's Fisher's boss. But didn't Fisher basically hire Snead? I believe he has the final say on personnel matters. I'm on the fence with them. On one hand, we're much better than before they arrived. But are we gonna get any better than we've been the past 4 years? I have my doubts.

I know we're very close. Its possible if they moved on from Fisher another coach could come in, put this talent together and win. Like Harbaugh did with the whiners. Then again, the wrong guy could come in, tear it down and bring us back to the 3 or 4 win days. I'm torn between that.
I'm just so very tired of the Rams being a continual .500 team,must do something about it
train

nighttrain

Legend
apples and oranges
train