Surprise cuts?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Seems every year somebody unexpected gets the ax. I have no idea who that someone is this year but I'd be willing to bet no OL cuts will be seen this first round.

What does your gut tell you?

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I think Eugene Sims could be cut. Only has a year left anyway on his contract, and they can develop some of the younger linemen, let Westbrooks play behind Quinn this year at his natural DE position, keep Trinca-Pasat at DT instead of Westbrooks, develop Longacre at DE for the long haul (Fisher said good things about the guy, he wasn't even brought up, Fisher took it upon himself to mention him).

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I don't see many surprises other than Givens may make the team.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I think Eugene Sims could be cut. Only has a year left anyway on his contract, and they can develop some of the younger linemen, let Westbrooks play behind Quinn this year at his natural DE position, keep Trinca-Pasat at DT instead of Westbrooks, develop Longacre at DE for the long haul (Fisher said good things about the guy, he wasn't even brought up, Fisher took it upon himself to mention him).

If a minus were to occur at DE it may be from a trade not a release. Both Sims and Hayes can be good staring DE s with many teams right now hurting. Hayes very large cap hit could bring him up over Sims IMO. Both will be departed after this season anyway. No way they release Westbrooks due to the above future event plus Ethan is more a right DE than DT.

Longacre is Practice Squad material at best currently Do no forget that Ayers can play DE too, so we are in FAT condition at DE posts. Issues are at Run stopping DT.

RamzFanz

Damnit
If a minus were to occur at DE it may be from a trade not a release. Both Sims and Hayes can be good staring DE s with many teams right now hurting. Hayes very large cap hit could bring him up over Sims IMO. Both will be departed after this season anyway. No way they release Westbrooks due to the above future event plus Ethan is more a right DE than DT.

Longacre is Practice Squad material at best currently Do no forget that Ayers can play DE too, so we are in FAT condition at DE posts. Issues are at Run stopping DT.

It's been said that the Rams have been contacted about D-line trades too. If they were going to Move Simes or Hayes, it's pretty late in the pre-season though. They could have grabbed some o line a month ago.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Chase Reynolds, Jo Lon Dunbar, Washington (surprised, no), Austin Davis & Case keenum, Roger Saffold (LOL JK, but he'd better watch out, lucky my boy Wichmann was hurt)...Rodney McLeod, James....don't make me say it...
Laurinaitis...the run by Boom whoever is the main example....
Okay, not a real surprised list, but who should be on a list....Barnes too....

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
It's been said that the Rams have been contacted about D-line trades too. If they were going to Move Simes or Hayes, it's pretty late in the pre-season though. They could have grabbed some o line a month ago.

Might be late, but better late than never. I'd be bringing in at least one more guard.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Trinca Passat looks good as a backup DT. I doubt he could be put on the PS. He needs to make the team. I have no idea about Fairley. Was he even necessary? I was wondering if Westbrooks may be cut. LTP is showing more in his first camp than Westbrooks did. I get the idea of Simms being cut because it is his final contract year but he is a productive player for the Rams. It is training camp afterall and it seems that these young guys are getting more game time than the usual backups for whatever reason. I don't see Fisher ditching Hayes. I could see Hayes retiring as a Fisher, err I mean a Ram. Who at DE has been playing better than Simms plays each year? The glut is at DT. Westbrooks vs LTP

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Trinca Passat looks good as a backup DT. I doubt he could be put on the PS. He needs to make the team. I have no idea about Fairley. Was he even necessary? I was wondering if Westbrooks may be cut. LTP is showing more in his first camp than Westbrooks did. I get the idea of Simms being cut because it is his final contract year but he is a productive player for the Rams. It is training camp afterall and it seems that these young guys are getting more game time than the usual backups for whatever reason. I don't see Fisher ditching Hayes. I could see Hayes retiring as a Fisher, err I mean a Ram. Who at DE has been playing better than Simms plays each year? The glut is at DT. Westbrooks vs LTP

Which DT's can cover? It seems like we often drop a DT into coverage for some reason. Part of a blitz and exotic coverage?

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Austin Davis. Possibly Sims but that'd be a shame given his talent and how he's played for the last few seasons - he's been unfortunate with some borderline roughing the passer calls that stick in the memory at times, but I could understand if they think Trinca-Pasat and Westbrooks have a future. You can only have so many D-linemen after all.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't see how that's a surprise
I think Jugger is speaking from a "end of last year" point of view. I thought his job was in danger at the start of camp. Even Rodriquez was looking like a guy that could take his job. But now, Givens looks like he is poised to be a breakout player.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Which DT's can cover? It seems like we often drop a DT into coverage for some reason. Part of a blitz and exotic coverage?

I'm pretty sure I saw Donald in man coverage on a TE in the Colts game. Somebody who can go back and look would have to verify, but I'm pretty sure it happened during the Alec Ogletree offsides play.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I'm pretty sure I saw Donald in man coverage on a TE in the Colts game. Somebody who can go back and look would have to verify, but I'm pretty sure it happened during the Alec Ogletree offsides play.

Mmmmm, Aaron Donald Interception.

giphy.gif

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Not sure. I know the DEs do that often though. I have seen Simms, Hayes, Long and Quinn all in coverage. I don't recall DTs doing it. I think Donald and LTP would be a bit short for that task though.

I really wish we had some detail on how they project Westbrooks. I didn't expect him to be moved to DT.

Now we are getting a glimpse of what they saw in Rhaney. I definitely get why they like him.