Surprise cuts?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
May make the team?
If Givens gets cut, that would be a huge surprise at this point. Been most productive WR
In Pre-season. Not sure he is a lock as he's pretty much a one trick pony but it is definitely nice to have a receiver that can pull the safeties deep.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
In Pre-season. Not sure he is a lock as he's pretty much a one trick pony but it is definitely nice to have a receiver that can pull the safeties deep.
Givens has kind of expanded his arsenal lately from what I've seen. Clearly he can run the fades, posts and drives, but he's starting to show more of a willingness to get dirty with digs and curls in traffic. The thing that kept holding him back was his reluctance to fight for the ball or extend his body in traffic. If he can let himself get popped once in a while, he can be a real good threat. He already gets a lot of cushion, and he can eat that up quickly, so I'd like to see him take advantage of that by cutting underneath, catch/clutch and then turn it up field.

He's still kinda stiff, but that's probably because he's a fairly big dude for his height.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Which DT's can cover? It seems like we often drop a DT into coverage for some reason. Part of a blitz and exotic coverage?

Donald can. He can outrun a lot of TEs in this league haha. :LOL:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I should have clarified but yes, most productive in this year's pre-season. And like X noted, he's made some nice plays other than the deep ball catches from Keenum and Foles. Definately think he's a keeper.

A55VA6

Legend
I guess you could say Claiborne is somewhat of a surprise. I thought he had a decent shot since Gaines went down.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I'm honestly shocked the Slavin era is over. Mostly because I was still so confused, I thought he was BRADFORD!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Claiborne was the surprise for me. I knew the Rams would cut him of course, because apparently McGee has naked photos of Fish in uncompromising positions or something...

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Claiborne over McGee is a huge surprise.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
For real, McGee can play....now, can he make the 53? Thats the question.....

Not sure if Brandon McGee is fully safe yet Champ. McGee still has to deal with 3 other corners.

Montell Garner
Tavon Reed (Auburn/Snead connection:D)
Jacob Hagan

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Jesus! Looks like the bad pun All American team. At least I don't have to read about our Smelley TE anymore. That was wearing thin on me.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Not sure if Brandon McGee is fully safe yet Champ. McGee still has to deal with 3 other corners.

Montell Garner
Tavon Reed (Auburn/Snead connection:D)
Jacob Hagan
Garner...no chance he beats out McGee, unless he's doing something on teams, that I haven't seen...Hagan...#43...I don't even remember him playing, ever....Travon Reed...now, I see him going on the PS...he actually needs this game 4 to be invited back...I'd put McGee on IR...get him healthy, and bring him back around week 7-8....

tinman1

UDFA
Name
tim
Garner...no chance he beats out McGee, unless he's doing something on teams, that I haven't seen...Hagan...#43...I don't even remember him playing, ever....Travon Reed...now, I see him going on the PS...he actually needs this game 4 to be invited back...I'd put McGee on IR...get him healthy, and bring him back around week 7-8....
first off, Hagen is a safety not a corner. you probably need to watch the games a little closer. Hagen has been on ST all of preseason. he was with the first unit punt team against the colts. he has played both safety positions in the second halves of each game. he has to prove himself on special teams to make it, due to the depth and lack of injures at safety. will he make it? nobody is predicting it, but i do feel he has a good chance of landing on a practice squad with some team, if not the rams.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
first off, Hagen is a safety not a corner. you probably need to watch the games a little closer.
No disrespect meant bro...I know you're a Hagen fan, went to his college an all....But I honestly don't remember him making one significant play in any preseason games...Not a pass breakup, definitely not a pick (int), or any stand out special teams play...Hence my assertion, I don't even remember him playing, ever. I don't make the call whether your buddy makes the team or not. He does.. He has an excellent chance too...He probably knew, or his agent did, that the Rams were pretty set at safety (McLeod, McDonald, Barron, Alexander, Davis, .....etc) so his chances of making the Rams were slim to none....His main shot was to stand out in hopes ANOTHER NFL team could find him watching some film/tape of these games...So perhaps you should shoot HIM a text/tweet/call, and pump HIM up for what could be his last game in horns...
I was just comparing his chances to a player, I only know from TV, and making this 2015 team...again. Not trying to hurt anyones feelings, but this is what I see..my eyes, my opinion...you got a different one? Prove it...stats work too..even PFF