SUH

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
um...yup.

Pretty sure if the Rams already had Quinn, Suh and Long... and nobody had taken Donald when the Rams were picking...

somehow, someway... the Rams would have been redirected from taking Donald. Can't imagine the NFL letting us have a DL like THAT. Heck, we may have one better essentially because Brockers is growing into his beast of a body and HE is playing so dang well that Fairley can't crack the starting lineup. So, if Brockers is keeping Fairley in sub-packages, then hot damn, we may have that level of DL anyway. Mwahahaha!

I'm not the biggest Suh fan, but he's a beast. And for all of his issues, I think he gets crapped on for retaliating and the folks who start crap with him get off scott free. That down block by Dietrich-Smith of the Packers that could have broken Suh's back was criminal. That's the one where Suh twisted at the last minute even though Dietrich-Smith was continuing to block WAY after the whistle and after all that garbage, THEN stomped him.

What do we remember? The stomp. And OH, what a piece of crap Suh is? Bullcrap. If you watched that game, you'd have seen that the Packers were playing ridiculously dirty the entire freaking game. And they were doing it on purpose because they knew that Suh at some point would blow. The upside for the Packers is that the refs weren't calling any of the dirty stuff (they rarely do call dirty stuff against OL), so even if Suh didn't blow, the Packers got to take free shots at him all game.

Retaliating isn't good, but dammit, I'm sick and tired of the instigators who get away with crap. The NFL has a wicked bad case of "little sister" syndrome when it comes to this.

Anyway, it looks like we may have a line just as good with the ascendance of Brockers and Fairley to insert in sub packages along with Westbrooks, Sims and Hayes as depth.

Seriously, if our Run Defense can be stingy and our DBs can hold up, we're looking at the beginning of something special here...
Of course, I agree with you. I'm a Nebraska fan. That being said, I got to see Suh at his best. He really is a good guy. He just is a beast on the field. Maybe he is playing in the wrong era. He plays more like Deacon Jones, with bad intentions on every play. I have to say though he must be a terrible driver.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Or maybe they take Quinn and go after Andy Dalton in round two. Who knows?

Yea, I don't have that sort of confidence in that FO. I doubt they would have had the intestinal fortitude to pass on a QB in Round 1 with what we would have been starting in 2010. Best we could have hoped for would have been A.J. Feeley leading us to another #1 pick and the team drafting Newton.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Yea, I don't have that sort of confidence in that FO. I doubt they would have had the intestinal fortitude to pass on a QB in Round 1 with what we would have been starting in 2010. Best we could have hoped for would have been A.J. Feeley leading us to another #1 pick and the team drafting Newton.

Spags entering year three with a rookie 1st round QB? Maybe. If their guy was there. But, as I recall, not everyone believed that Ponder, Gabbert, or Locker were worthy of their selections. Maybe the Rams wouldn't have either.

Of that latter group, I wonder which one Josh McDaniels might have preferred. Might have just traded for Tebow or Orton.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Spags entering year three with a rookie 1st round QB? Maybe. If their guy was there. But, as I recall, not everyone believed that Ponder, Gabbert, or Locker were worthy of their selections. Maybe the Rams wouldn't have either.

Of that latter group, I wonder which one Josh McDaniels might have preferred. Might have just traded for Tebow or Orton.

If they had done that and drafted Quinn then we'd likely have done well for ourselves.(assuming we didn't trade too much for either)

Only issues would be that it would prolong the Spags/Devaney tenure and kill the RGIII trade.

PFaulk

Rookie
Name
Dan
It's too bad Andrew Luck wasn't a couple years older.

Oh well. Onward and upward. Glad we have Donald, it's gonna be a great year!

Athos

Legend
Don't care how good he is Suh is still a dirty POS. And his dirtiness is lucky to have not ended any careers yet or caused significant injury.

I'm good with what we have.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With no Bradford is there an RGIII trade?
I don't think there is...RG3 was considered 1B to Luck's 1A that year. I wonder if Fisher would have used him differently than Shannahan did, and therefore changed his career? At that time, Fisher was still on the Bradford train, so it didn't seem to be an issue trading down...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Remember how desperate we were for a Franchise QB in 2010? Bulger was ruined, and we had the #1 Pick in the Draft...Bradford was the best QB in a sucky Draft, and even now the Eagles are touting how great Bradford is in practice. A lot of what they are saying today of him, is what we said back then. With our coaching issues and drafting issues, Sam was doomed in St Louis, imo...Injury history in college was pretty much a non issue, as I don't remember if he ever reinjured that shoulder again. He just got a hammered from relying on a horrible Oline and the injuries came...*smh