SUH

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Watching special on Suh on ESPN and I can't help but think how ironic it is that after the Rams picked Bradford instead of Suh, they have invested heavily on the DL. Not saying that wasn't the right pick at the time but it's just ironic.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'll take the Incredible Donald over Suh any day.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'd take both over one or the other.

I'd take Donald + Bradford/Foles over Suh and twice on Sundays...

It didn't work out with Bradford, but that hasn't changed my opinion that the choice was an easy one, and the Rams chose the right one.... again, it just didn't work out.

Don't get me wrong, Suh is good. I don't think he's half the player he's made out to be, but I'd take him.
He could rotate with Fairley.... :sneaky:

Memphis Ram

Legend
In hindsight, I wish the Rams had traded down and passed on both Bradford and Suh. Those contracts were ridiculous.

V3

Hall of Fame
I'll take the Incredible Donald over Suh any day.
fa1efc5379aadd7784c7f11925203cc7.jpg

V3

Hall of Fame
In hindsight, I wish the Rams had traded down and passed on both Bradford and Suh. Those contracts were ridiculous.
They couldn't. No one wanted to pay those contracts. I still can't believe the NFL let rookie contracts get that out of hand for so long.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
They couldn't. No one wanted to pay those contracts. I still can't believe the NFL let rookie contracts get that out of hand for so long.
Someone did...

eUgusNV.jpg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'd take Donald + Bradford/Foles over Suh and twice on Sundays...

It didn't work out with Bradford, but that hasn't changed my opinion that the choice was an easy one, and the Rams chose the right one.... again, it just didn't work out.

Don't get me wrong, Suh is good. I don't think he's half the player he's made out to be, but I'd take him.
He could rotate with Fairley.... :sneaky:
I meant I'd take Suh/Donald over just Suh or Donald.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
That duo... Suh/Donald... holy cow. I dunno how we'd pay for it, but great googly moogly. A DL with Quinn, Suh, Donald and Long?

Quinn, Suh, Donald, Long.

No... that couldn't have been possible... the league would have stepped in...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

In hindsight, I agree. In hindsight, as great of a prospect as Bradford was, this team wasn't ready for him.

But, if we didn't draft Bradford, we might have ended up with Locker, Gabbert, or Ponder the next year...assuming we didn't pick #1. AND NO ROBERT QUINN! Double whammy.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That duo... Suh/Donald... holy cow. I dunno how we'd pay for it, but great googly moogly. A DL with Quinn, Suh, Donald and Long?

Quinn, Suh, Donald, Long.

No... that couldn't have been possible... the league would have stepped in...
You mean like the NBA did to keep the Lakers from getting Paul?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Someone did...

eUgusNV.jpg

Both Washington AND Cleveland wanted Bradford. My issue is, as I said, if we don't draft Bradford...we likely take one of the garbage QBs from the next class (excluding Newton) and miss out on Robert Quinn.

Memphis Ram

Legend
In hindsight, I agree. In hindsight, as great of a prospect as Bradford was, this team wasn't ready for him.

But, if we didn't draft Bradford, we might have ended up with Locker, Gabbert, or Ponder the next year...assuming we didn't pick #1. AND NO ROBERT QUINN! Double whammy.

Or maybe they take Quinn and go after Andy Dalton in round two. Who knows?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Both Washington AND Cleveland wanted Bradford. My issue is, as I said, if we don't draft Bradford...we likely take one of the garbage QBs from the next class (excluding Newton) and miss out on Robert Quinn.
Yeah, that's possible. But if they had followed my advice in 2006, we'd have Cutler and this whole thing is moot.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
You mean like the NBA did to keep the Lakers from getting Paul?

um...yup.

Pretty sure if the Rams already had Quinn, Suh and Long... and nobody had taken Donald when the Rams were picking...

somehow, someway... the Rams would have been redirected from taking Donald. Can't imagine the NFL letting us have a DL like THAT. Heck, we may have one better essentially because Brockers is growing into his beast of a body and HE is playing so dang well that Fairley can't crack the starting lineup. So, if Brockers is keeping Fairley in sub-packages, then hot damn, we may have that level of DL anyway. Mwahahaha!

I'm not the biggest Suh fan, but he's a beast. And for all of his issues, I think he gets crapped on for retaliating and the folks who start crap with him get off scott free. That down block by Dietrich-Smith of the Packers that could have broken Suh's back was criminal. That's the one where Suh twisted at the last minute even though Dietrich-Smith was continuing to block WAY after the whistle and after all that garbage, THEN stomped him.

What do we remember? The stomp. And OH, what a piece of crap Suh is? Bullcrap. If you watched that game, you'd have seen that the Packers were playing ridiculously dirty the entire freaking game. And they were doing it on purpose because they knew that Suh at some point would blow. The upside for the Packers is that the refs weren't calling any of the dirty stuff (they rarely do call dirty stuff against OL), so even if Suh didn't blow, the Packers got to take free shots at him all game.

Retaliating isn't good, but dammit, I'm sick and tired of the instigators who get away with crap. The NFL has a wicked bad case of "little sister" syndrome when it comes to this.

Anyway, it looks like we may have a line just as good with the ascendance of Brockers and Fairley to insert in sub packages along with Westbrooks, Sims and Hayes as depth.

Seriously, if our Run Defense can be stingy and our DBs can hold up, we're looking at the beginning of something special here...