Stupid question....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
So this is a stupid but also pivotal question. Tickets for the London game are on sale tomorrow and I am obviously going to be buying some. The question I have is, having never been to an NFL game in person, which part of the stadium is likely to have the best view? Obviously I know that lower sideline would be best, but those tickets cost £100 and also there would be a 50% chance I would have to look at Tom Brady's arse for 3 hours. Or is there a way I can find out which sideline the Rams will have? Are endzone tickets that much worse anyway? Cheers in advance.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
ScotsRam said:
So this is a stupid but also pivotal question. Tickets for the London game are on sale tomorrow and I am obviously going to be buying some. The question I have is, having never been to an NFL game in person, which part of the stadium is likely to have the best view? Obviously I know that lower sideline would be best, but those tickets cost £100 and also there would be a 50% chance I would have to look at Tom Brady's arse for 3 hours. Or is there a way I can find out which sideline the Rams will have? Are endzone tickets that much worse anyway? Cheers in advance.
Tickets on the 50 yard line are the best, but they are more expensive. I would just get whatever you can afford. I think it's easier to follow the game even with crappy seats than some other sports (like hockey or basketball). Have fun

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
50 yardline is the best.... but not in the front row.

For the best view you really need to be up at least 20-25 rows.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
I agree that the 50 yard line is the best.

Endzone seats arnt bad if you are away from the field IMO. Id go for 30+ rows back.

Id just go with what you can afford. Have fun man!

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I wouldn't get seats that are too low, as you might not be able to see over sideline players and cameras. I usually try for seats about half-way up, and as close to the 50 yd-line as I can get. Nose bleeds can also be problemmatic, as you are too far away from the action and everyone looks like ants. If you have to compromise, I'd say 30 yd-line seats half-way up.

Oh, and you might want to try and get seats on the Rams side of the field, so you see what the Ram players are doing away from the field action.

superfan24

Starter
Selassie I said:
50 yardline is the best.... but not in the front row.

For the best view you really need to be up at least 20-25 rows.

Exactly where my psl's are at the dome. But 15 rows up on the 2nd level. Best seats in the stadium imo, but I'm biased. :tooth:
Mine at ND are about 15 rows up in between 45-50 and absolutely love those. Make sure you try to get them on Rams sideline too.
Good luck

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the answers guys, much appreciated. I can't find info anywhere on which sideline the Rams are going to have, hopefully i'll be able to choose that when I book the tickets.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'll give you a different point of view. End zone seats are fun to great. You can get close to the players and see how plays develop. Negative if all the play ends up on one end of the field...not your end. Positive if you go early and sit in the Rams end, you can see the players close up while they warm up. Seats are a lot cheaper. You can possibly get a ball. Play may all end up on your end.

If you end up on the 20 or 30, sometimes it's hard to see what's going on. I've sat just about everywhere, going to a game is more about the crowd and the electricity they generate than the game itself, have fun.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Hey Scotty ...

The Rams are going to be on the Home Team sideline. Don't they have a Home Team sideline in soccer? The ticket people should easily have that information.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Selassie I said:
Hey Scotty ...

The Rams are going to be on the Home Team sideline. Don't they have a Home Team sideline in soccer? The ticket people should easily have that information.

Haha cheers for the common sense 101 selassie :cheese: I'm not sure if that info is available yet is all i'm sayin'. The ticket people are ticketmaster who I assume will have that information but having used them multiple times in the past i'm not holding out a whole lot of hope. Also in soccer (or real football) you only have 5 or 7 subs so they both sit on the same sideline.....

Anonymous

DR RAM said:
I'll give you a different point of view. End zone seats are fun to great. You can get close to the players and see how plays develop. Negative if all the play ends up on one end of the field...not your end. Positive if you go early and sit in the Rams end, you can see the players close up while they warm up. Seats are a lot cheaper. You can possibly get a ball. Play may all end up on your end.

If you end up on the 20 or 30, sometimes it's hard to see what's going on. I've sat just about everywhere, going to a game is more about the crowd and the electricity they generate than the game itself, have fun.

I agree about the end zone seating. I think it's the best given proximity to play in red zone and on STs.

To the OP:

It's not a stupid question. It's a good question. Answer really depends upon what you want.

As for Rams sideline seating....I differ from those posting so far in that viewing the backs of the players and the face of the position coaches doesn't appeal to me. I'd rather use a small pair of binoculars or a small
vid camera zoom lens (if allowed) to see the players and HC from the front, watching the plays sent in etc. If watching the team on the sidelines is important to you then set between the 30s.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Scots, most stadium seating charts will show "home, visitor" sidelines. I've found when I can't get good sideline seats on the lower sections (30yd line to 30yd line), the first half dozen rows in the upper deck are often pretty good seats. I can't stand seats that are too low like bottom 20 rows because you lose depth perception. You can't tell if the play netted 1 yard or 20 yards. My rule is if I can't get within the 40 yard lines, I'm looking for rows 25 or higher. Of course, the best seats in almost every stadium are the 2nd level ( Mezzanine, Club) and their price reflects that fact. I'm often torn on which side to sit on. I like being on the Rams side so I'm with more Rams fans and you can see player activity behind the bench but sitting across from the Rams will allow you to see faces of coaches in action. Good luck and don't let price dictate too much your choice because how many times are you going to see the Rams in London? I know I'll eat Ramen noodles and Spam for a month in order to take in a once or few in a lifetime event. Hey man, it's the RAMS!!!!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Ticketmaster seating chart doesn't show home or away sidelines. I did notice the seats you probably want will cost you 149 for premium club, 100 for lower sideline, 80 for upper sideline rows 1-20, and 70 for lower endzone. How many tickets are you buying?

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Ramhusker said:
Ticketmaster seating chart doesn't show home or away sidelines. I did notice the seats you probably want will cost you 149 for premium club, 100 for lower sideline, 80 for upper sideline rows 1-20, and 70 for lower endzone. How many tickets are you buying?

Wow, putting a bit of research into helping a brother out, I appreciate that! The club ones look like a rip off to be honest. I'll probably go for upper sideline rows 1-20, between the 30s if I can get it. I'm getting 5 tickets and i'll be getting them first thing so I should be ok...

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
ScotsRam said:
Selassie I said:
Hey Scotty ...

Haha cheers for the common sense 101 selassie :cheese: I'm not sure if that info is available yet is all i'm sayin'. The ticket people are ticketmaster who I assume will have that information but having used them multiple times in the past i'm not holding out a whole lot of hope. Also in soccer (or real football) you only have 5 or 7 subs so they both sit on the same sideline.....

I would have never expected to hear that soccer teams sit on the same sidelines. No wonder it's so confusing.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Selassie I said:
ScotsRam said:
Selassie I said:
Hey Scotty ...

I would have never expected to hear that soccer teams sit on the same sidelines. No wonder it's so confusing.

I know right? The logistics of different sports when you're so used to your own thing, it's crazy!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Hey Scots! I'll be over there in May and was wondering if any rugby or futbol is still going on. I'd love to catch a game for the experience. Any tips for attending a match? Thinking I ought to be an Arsenal fan since they have the same owner? We will be staying near Kilburn High Road. I've never been in that part of London.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Ramhusker said:
Hey Scots! I'll be over there in May and was wondering if any rugby or futbol is still going on. I'd love to catch a game for the experience. Any tips for attending a match? Thinking I ought to be an Arsenal fan since they have the same owner? We will be staying near Kilburn High Road. I've never been in that part of London.

May is the last month of the season so you should be able to still catch some football. Arsenal would be a good shout because they have a huuuuge stadium so it shouldn't be too difficult to get tickets... there are dozens of London clubs at every level tho so you could easily get to see something else if you couldn't get Arsenal tickets. Tips for attending a match? It's much shorter than an NFL match so drink your beers quicker...! In all seriousness the only thing I can think of that would be any different is that home and away support is segregated and there will typically be a much larger away support than you would get at an NFL game. So be wary of where in the stadium your seats are. Apart from that have a good time!

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Argh after all that the planned ticket release today has been cancelled... I fucking hope it's nothing to with the CVC/lease situation...

StlSmitty

UDFA
Scots, how about keeping us informed of what's going on and how things are going with regards to the Rams game? Thanks!