Stopping the Run is the Rams Top Priority

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In the Niners game.....I listened to Wade Phillips interview from earlier today, and he gets it. He knows that the Niners can do to us the same as the Redskins if he doesn't adjust. Can our smaller, lighter backfield hold up to downhill running backs looking to hurt them? I guess we'll see. But I fully expect that Wades D. will do what teams having been doing to us for years...stacking the box and daring the QB to beat us (Hoyer).

Niners haven't scored one TD this year, and I believe we can hold them to FG's as well. We have to employ the new elements in our offense that the Niners have not faced before: Cooper Kupp, Sammy Watkins, Gerald Everret (if he's ok), and a better version of Jared Goff (McVay Edition).

We can win this game. We SHOULD win this game. It probably won't be the end of the world if the Rams lose in frisco, but it would effectively end my belief in a winning season. We have to beat inferior teams like this or we are just in it for the learning experience and next year is the breakout year...

All I can say, is FUKK NEXT YEAR. The future is now...

BeefJurky

Rookie
Hoyer is the QB manifestation of literal garbage.
Like honestly Tolzien level, I have no clue why he got a starting job.

Hyde is hella decent.
Last week we got gashed by mediocre to decent RBs. Hyde is better.

So if we can get some interior pressure and Tree can shed a fucking block then we should have this in the bag.
We are gonna need to lean on Goff a little since their secondary is the worst part of their defense
Oh yea and it would be nice if Woods could stop being the WR equivalent of G-rob

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hyde is hella decent.

So if we can get some interior pressure and Tree can shed a freaking block then we should have this in the bag.
We are gonna need to lean on Goff a little since their secondary is the worst part of their defense
Oh yea and it would be nice if Woods could stop being the WR equivalent of G-rob

Stop the run and force Hoyer to make a play should help us score defensive points. I want a 50 burger, after which I want McVay doing on side kicks to go for the 60 burger before the end.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
This is a great matchup for us but we don't win this game with last week's defensive effort. Wade has to prove he can fix the run defense or the season could get ugly.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
We need AD to be AD. We need our LBs to be.....average?. I have seen Hoyer get hot with the deep ball on occasion, so we while we certainly need to stack the box, we can't get beat on some stupid shit deep. Keep a center fielder back there. Offense just needs to keep improving.....

JRobinson

MiLB
Well, I fully expect us to win this game. With the improvements that have made this team better, ALL improvements, there is no reason we should lose. Sure, any team can beat any team on any given day, but this shouldn't be one of them. No, this isn't optimism, this is truth, we are better than them up and down the roster. And if McVay is who we think he is, we will be flying home with a W and a nice 10 days off.

fearsomefour

Legend
Got to stop the run against a very good back.
Stick with scheme and responsibility and fewer missed tackles.
Also, getting out ahead will help as well.
If the Rams can't stop the run here....against a team that has shown no ability to throw the ball (unlike Washington) it is going to be a long year on D.
On the bright side, after this week the Rams could be back alone on top of the NFC West at 2-1.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Not too hard to figure out that not having your top 4 defensive players, Barron, Donald, Quinn and Webster play together until a few days before a game, things don't go to well. And now they have a short week to get their shyt together.
I'm not on the bandwagon. 48er's are going to run on the Rams D just like the Skins did. I just hope the Rams Goffense can put up enough points to counter.

I hope the Rams D is in shape, cause they are going to be on the field a lot.

JRobinson

MiLB
Not too hard to figure out that not having your top 4 defensive players, Barron, Donald, Quinn and Webster play together until a few days before a game, things don't go to well. And now they have a short week to get their shyt together.
I'm not on the bandwagon. 48er's are going to run on the Rams D just like the Skins did. I just hope the Rams Goffense can put up enough points to counter.

You have plenty of reason to believe what you believe in reference to this game. But I think we will see a better defense out there in regards to the run. Wade knows that if things don't change for this game, then yes, they too will run all over us. The adjustments will be made IMO

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All this obvious focus on the running game makes me wonder if Shanahan will come out with an emphasis on passing.

fearsomefour

Legend

Could well be.
The missed tackling was an issue as well and contributed to the run totals.
The Whiners have not shown the threat of the pass. So, this game will tell a bit about the team. If they can't shut down the SF O then the team will be playing for the 2d or 3rd spot in the West.
The defense looked bad last week. Didn't generate consistent pressure, didn't contain, missed tons of tackles. The O turned the ball over and commuted penalties that killed drives and the team was into till the end. Does that mean the team as a whole is better? Maybe.
As a forever fan this game has me half expecting another disappointment. The first step to turning things around is winning the games you should win. Like the Colts game. The second step is being competitive, then winning, on the road. The last step is being competitive and winning games where you are the underdog until you are the underdog no more.
Still on step 1. But, being 2-0 on step 1 would make me feel better.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Guys don't sleep on Hoyer, he is good enough to help a team win.

Last year he was with the Bears, who are a bottom 5 team, this year the 49ers are bad but we don't know how bad just yet.

Prior to that he was with the Browns and started 16 games over two seasons with a record of 10-6. The next year he started 9 games for the Texans and went 5-4.

Hoyer won't beat you by himself but he can contribute and he doesn't make a lot of mistakes. Only 28 INT's in 51 games, he's careful with the ball and will throw it away if there isn't anyone open.

The guy isn't crap is what I'm saying..........but like any QB heavy pressure brings out his worst.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
In their last 22 games, the 9ers are 3-19

Yall wanna guess who those 3 wins are against??:censored::oops::dizzy::hiding:

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Did anyone see the size of the Redskins Olinemen? Those guys were HUGE, and they just ran over us. I don't think other teams will be able to beat us as badly as they did.
That being said, next season, we need to get some bigger defensive players.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
After week 1 we had a top 5 offense and top 5 defense (exactly number 5 in both NFL.com team stats)
Now after week 2 we are 10 in team offense and 13 in team defense.

Everyone witnessed our porous rushing defense last week in the first half. It was a huge hole in the ship, yet we still had a tie game late 4th quarter. Frank Gore looked like he might have had a big game against us week 1. If Indy hadn't went 0 for 13 on 3rd downs he might have had 10 more touches.

This team has to make adjustments quicker on Defense than they did against Washington. I can live with a 6 yard carry. Follow that up with a stuff and an incompletion. We need to gel as a unit with Aaron Donald back.

Can't wait for Thursday to see us get back to a team that plays well in all 3 phases of the game. All 3 phases feeding off each other.

We should dominate the 9ers.

But, as extra insurance, if anyone out there believes in Voodoo, might not be a bad idea to have one of these ready for Carlos Hyde:
grammaw-s-nfl-voodoo-dolls-49ers.jpg

Go Rams!

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Did anyone see the size of the Redskins Olinemen? Those guys were HUGE, and they just ran over us. I don't think other teams will be able to beat us as badly as they did.
That being said, next season, we need to get some bigger defensive players.
The Redskins have a mammoth (great) offensive line.The 49ers offensive line = improved (average/meh)

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy

Hyde is hella decent.

So if we can get some interior pressure and Tree can shed a freaking block then we should have this in the bag.

If I'm not mistaken Hoyer played with Shanahan in Cleveland. Knows the system.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Wade will fix the issues they had in the first half last week. Second half they were able to get some push and played alot better . This key is to not over pursue and that's what all of our guys are used to doing .
Offense should be alot better since the 49ers don't have josh Norman, Watkins needs to make a play Tommorow !