Stl rams fans...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams were not a TV show we watched but a part of our community. Without that connection, the team becomes just another televised piece of entertainment to me - and one that specifically and actively chose to cease to be part of my community.

Understood. I'm sorry for what you're going through right now.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This sounds like someone who will STILL be "supporting" the team from his couch.

I had my season tickets, went to the practices, shred this experiences with my family and other loyal and passionate fans BECAUSE of the experience. Being up close and personal, seeing the product first hand. Not relying on the tv coverage. Yes I watched the AWAY games (the ones I didn't or could afford to attend) on tv, and trust me, if you really understand the game, there is no comparison from seeing it in person.

So for you, or anyone to try to soften this by saying "you can save $$$ and still watch it in tv" is just telling me exactly why kind of "fan" you really are.

I'm a diehard Rams fan that will be a fan no matter where they move. The horns are ingrained in my blood, and will be for life. If I was going to get a tattoo, it'd be of the Rams logo - because no matter what happens, nothing will ever change how I feel about this team.

I apologize for trying to soften this...but that's the kind of fan I am. I do "support" the team from my couch - through the sunday ticket, merchandise and going to some games each year. Live in Ohio so I could only make it to one game in STL this year, and then the Bengal game.

As for seeing it in person, it depends on where you sit. Most seats you end up missing a few plays. And yes, I will continue to support them from my couch...in the same manner as I have when they were in St. Louis. Catch a game in LA every year (or maybe every other year), and squeeze in an away game too.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
The Rams were not a TV show we watched but a part of our community. Without that connection, the team becomes just another televised piece of entertainment to me - and one that specifically and actively chose to cease to be part of my community.
Not being a fan who could financially afford to go to all of the games, that pretty much sums up my emotional response to the situation.

That, and the fact that this is a team hasn't had a winning record in something like 10 years and is on the cusp of turning the corner.

It's also frustrating to me that this was our second chance. A lot of cities don't even get one chance at hosting an NFL team. Yes, the NFL is basically done with our city for it's tenure as a professional sport.

In addition to that, I'll add the frustration with perpetually being handed both difficult schedules and questionable officiating almost leads one to believe that it has been their intention all along to maintain the Rams status as NFL punching bags, a theory that I can only hope extended to at least in some degree a longer term goal to move the team back to LA, only because I'd like to see the team's status elevate past punching bag, be that in the mind of the players, fans, media, or gambling machinations.

That said, no matter how pragmatic I may try to be, I'm still going to have to move past my own emotional/financial investment into this team as perceived a sunk cost which is obviously something that really shouldn't be correlated to an entertainment venue, though I'm certainly not the only St. Louisan thinking it :)

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
........ BECAUSE of the experience. Being up close and personal, seeing the product first hand..........

Thanks so much for sharing those experiences.
The geographically challenged vicariously benefited from fans like you.

fearsomefour

Legend
"Anyone trying to soften" this might be trying to show compassion. I certainly took Frantik's post that way.

I see quite a few LA fans who have stuck with the team doing that here on this board of late. I get your pain, and I know how it feels from back when they abandoned us in LA. But lashing out isn't the answer, you're better than that brother.
Oh yeah, lots of gems in his rant.
I don't recall judging other people's fandom being ok here, but, maybe I am wrong.
NFL games are great live. But I guess if you live 1,000 miles away and can't attend practice you are not a real fan. I guess season tickets purchased 20 years ago don't count.
It all getting too myopic for me.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I am so tired of comments like this. Oh it's OK ya lost the team because you can save money and watch it on TV. Do you really belive that? We paid to go to these games when we could have watched it for FREE on TV. It's not about the money. It's about the team leaving and how it was handled. If your significant other cheated on you told you to freak off and took all your money while doing so would you stay with her?

You're tired of someone trying to placate you. But honestly it's still not nearly as bad as the whining round these parts that those of us who go back to pre-STL days are reading.

Look at this board. There are post after post from fans bidding everyone farewell, or lashing out. And as I said I understand the pain since I've felt it, but at some point STL fans gotta face the facts:

1. Your city stole the team from LA with a phat stadium deal.
2. You city elected not to pay the $800 million to lock them in, and played hardball with Kroenke.
3. Kroenke called STL's bluff and made the business decision that massively increased the value of his investment.

I get that you hate him. And I'm sure many STL fans will think I'm a prick for saying it. But the NFL is a business. All the gnashing of teeth and lashing out is overkill. IMO.

To use your own analogy you're like a first time divorcee lashing out at other divorcees because your boo ran off with some guy in a Mercedes.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
You're tired of someone trying to placate you. But honestly it's still not nearly as bad as the whining round these parts that those of us who go back to pre-STL days are reading.

Look at this board. There are post after post from fans bidding everyone farewell, or lashing out. And as I said I understand the pain since I've felt it, but at some point STL fans gotta face the facts:

2. You city elected not to pay the $800 million to lock them in, and played hardball with Kroenke.
3. Kroenke called STL's bluff and made the business decision that massively increased the value of his investment.

I get that you hate him. And I'm sure many STL fans will think I'm a prick for saying it. But the NFL is a business. All the gnashing of teeth and lashing out is overkill. IMO.

To use your own analogy you're like a first time divorcee lashing out at other divorcees because your boo ran off with some guy in a Mercedes.
I'm not lashing out at anyone I have not called names or truly been rude to anyone. I'm not going around thread to thread calling out people I have posted with for years and called friends whiners or idiotic for how they feel. My bad for being upset with how this has played out.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
A salute to all Rams fans - each with a different story and a different way of cheering for and remembering our team past and present.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
like a first time divorcee lashing out at other divorcees because your boo ran off with some guy in a Mercedes.

That right there is funny. :rolllaugh:
(although boos usually run off with guys in beemers)

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

All of this is very true. But the real reason STL fans are pissed off is that it went beyond that.

1. St. Louis was the only place of the 3 cities to offer a stadium deal in a record amount of time. A stadium deal that was more than willing to be negotiated if only the Rams came a knocking. They didn't.

2. The current taskforce couldn't even get them to talk with them. Everything was a lie. Going on tv or the radio or internet and saying STL is a solution, no reason why it can't, blah blah blah.

3. And the thing that sets STL fans off the ledge (and by reading comments many other teams' fans), is that the money Rodger Goodell said was too much for the STL stadium, they are willing to give San Diego (14 years to try) and Oakland (didn't even lift a finger) for new stadiums. How in the world is that fair?

4. StanK in his proposal made it personal with the fans. Cant support 3 teams? What? How can they if they keep moving from them? Dean Spanos and Mark Davis never made it about the cities or its people themselves, but it was against the politics. And while Missouri's government isn't exactly shining, it again went toward the people. Had it stayed at that level (and good grief the BOA in STL is just irritating), and the Rams truly tried it might have not hurt as much. But it didn't and here we are now.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My opinion? If the Rams should pay for anything, it's the public debt still owed for the Edward Jones Dome.

MrMotes

Starter
My opinion? If the Rams should pay for anything, it's the public debt still owed for the Edward Jones Dome.

That building was financed and already being built before the Rams had anything to do with the city of St. Louis.