Stl rams fans...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
I'm torn right now I must admit. I can't see how I can even contemplate following a team that's not in my home town. I even talked to a few of my friends and asked do I have a valid case to sue the ram's or nfl for pain and suffering.... I'm serious becuase my heart hurts right now and I don't know what to do... part of me doesn't want to watch another game but it isn't just becuase of the move, it's a major factor tho, but that concussion movie made me feel some sort of way about the league... another part of me just bleeds blue and gold... idk which way I will go but to those of you/us that are in stl or the area shouldn't we somehow contact fox, nbc, cbs to get the LA (it hurts for me to type that) Rams games on EVERY Sunday here in the stl area. Just like we did when warner left and they stopped showing the cardinals, that year they went to the super bowl?

Like I said I don't know if I will continue following a team that's not in my home town but having the games on every Sunday will ease my pain and encourage me to follow them, if not, I may find another team or watch sec football, lbs.

jjab360

Legend
I'm torn right now I must admit. I can't see how I can even contemplate following a team that's not in my home town. I even talked to a few of my friends and asked do I have a valid case to sue the ram's or nfl for pain and suffering.... I'm serious becuase my heart hurts right now and I don't know what to do... part of me doesn't want to watch another game but it isn't just becuase of the move, it's a major factor tho, but that concussion movie made me feel some sort of way about the league... another part of me just bleeds blue and gold... idk which way I will go but to those of you/us that are in stl or the area shouldn't we somehow contact fox, nbc, cbs to get the LA (it hurts for me to type that) Rams games on EVERY Sunday here in the stl area. Just like we did when warner left and they stopped showing the cardinals, that year they went to the super bowl?

Like I said I don't know if I will continue following a team that's not in my home town but having the games on every Sunday will ease my pain and encourage me to follow them, if not, I may find another team or watch sec football, lbs.
That would be akin to suing your ex girlfriend for breaking up with you. So... no....

I feel your pain though

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
In time, it will be easier to swallow. I have been a Rams fan my whole life growing up in Florida and the distance has not strained my following of the team. No matter where they are, these are still our Rams.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I was saying that all along. That if Stan left that he owed it to the fan base here to pay for fox to air the rams games every week for many years to come.

fancents86

Starter

If Goodell had to have the owners sign a waiver stating they would not sue over the outcome, I think the city of STL has a good case against Stan and the NFL.

1. goodell himself said a couple years ago that any team looking to relocate must "exhaust" every option to stay in their city, and only if then nothing can be done then they can file for relocation. Stan did absolutely nothing I regards to working with the city on building a new stadium. In fact there are still some people on the task force who have never even met him in his 5 years here.

2. Stan committed libel in his relocation application by using false statistics and "facts" to destroy any chance of STL building a stadium and acquiring any partners who might have been willing to join them.

3. Goodell reviewed and laid the rules on how the stadium proposal had to be set up financial wise, to which every step was followed, and yet Goodells rules changed last minute. In fact, When goodell reviewed stl's plans earlier in the year, he encouraged them to continue. STL's economy or plan was never mentioned to be "inadequate" during the entire year this plan was in play, which in turn cost the city time and money.

fearsomefour

Legend
If Goodell had to have the owners sign a waiver stating they would not sue over the outcome, I think the city of STL has a good case against Stan and the NFL.

1. goodell himself said a couple years ago that any team looking to relocate must "exhaust" every option to stay in their city, and only if then nothing can be done then they can file for relocation. Stan did absolutely nothing I regards to working with the city on building a new stadium. In fact there are still some people on the task force who have never even met him in his 5 years here.

2. Stan committed libel in his relocation application by using false statistics and "facts" to destroy any chance of STL building a stadium and acquiring any partners who might have been willing to join them.

3. Goodell reviewed and laid the rules on how the stadium proposal had to be set up financial wise, to which every step was followed, and yet Goodells rules changed last minute. In fact, When goodell reviewed stl's plans earlier in the year, he encouraged them to continue. STL's economy or plan was never mentioned to be "inadequate" during the entire year this plan was in play, which in turn cost the city time and money.
Problem is they can run their business how they see fit.
I am sure the Rams and NFL have their legal ducks in a row.
If the city was to sue, what exactly would they be suing for? In terms of damages?
The NFL is going to do what is best for the NFL and everything else be damned....we have seen this mentality many times before. Suing a high school team (or whatever) for using a logo that is a little too close to an NFL teams logo for example. Getting a team into a huge market and having that team (1/32 of the league) massively increase their value benefits the business as a whole.
As a fan who grew up in California and as an 18 year old bought season tickets to that toilet in Anaheim and drove several hours every Sunday for home games....would I have moved the Rams back to LA given the circumstances? I dont know. I believe the fans in St. Louis are great. Not ok, not good, but great. The loyalty was there certainly from those midwest fans. I am not pitting fan bases at all, but, fans in so cal (unless it is baseball) are temperamental when it comes to winning.
The stadium deal in LA has a lot of sizzle to it....any steak behind the sizzle? Time will tell.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Frankly they should give season ticket holders a free flight and tickets to an LA game at the very least - but of course it's all about money so they won't.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For the STL fans...

If you are hurting, I have to assume you were either season ticket holders or went to nearly every home game.

If that's true, getting the Sunday ticket would be cheaper than two visits to the stadium....and every other year or so you can get it for free by threatening to cancel your service (and the first year would be free). So ultimately, this would save you money....and unless you live for the live experience, watching the games on TV provides a significantly better view...I like going to games live, but I love watching several games at the same time with space, sitting on a comfortable couch.

fancents86

Starter
Problem is they can run their business how they see fit.
I am sure the Rams and NFL have their legal ducks in a row.
If the city was to sue, what exactly would they be suing for? In terms of damages?
The NFL is going to do what is best for the NFL and everything else be damned....we have seen this mentality many times before. Suing a high school team (or whatever) for using a logo that is a little too close to an NFL teams logo for example. Getting a team into a huge market and having that team (1/32 of the league) massively increase their value benefits the business as a whole.
As a fan who grew up in California and as an 18 year old bought season tickets to that toilet in Anaheim and drove several hours every Sunday for home games....would I have moved the Rams back to LA given the circumstances? I dont know. I believe the fans in St. Louis are great. Not ok, not good, but great. The loyalty was there certainly from those midwest fans. I am not pitting fan bases at all, but, fans in so cal (unless it is baseball) are temperamental when it comes to winning.
The stadium deal in LA has a lot of sizzle to it....any steak behind the sizzle? Time will tell.
That's why you go after Kroenke the hardest. The NFL would more than likely settle, but go after Kroenke for libel. I would try and sue for the cost for the entire year it took to put together this proposal. I'm no lawyer so this is just a thought, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn once...

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
For the STL fans...

If you are hurting, I have to assume you were either season ticket holders or went to nearly every home game.

If that's true, getting the Sunday ticket would be cheaper than two visits to the stadium....and every other year or so you can get it for free by threatening to cancel your service (and the first year would be free). So ultimately, this would save you money....and unless you live for the live experience, watching the games on TV provides a significantly better view...I like going to games live, but I love watching several games at the same time with space, sitting on a comfortable couch.

I am so tired of comments like this. Oh it's OK ya lost the team because you can save money and watch it on TV. Do you really belive that? We paid to go to these games when we could have watched it for FREE on TV. It's not about the money. It's about the team leaving and how it was handled. If your significant other cheated on you told you to fuck off and took all your money while doing so would you stay with her?

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
For the STL fans...

The Rams were not a TV show we watched but a part of our community. Without that connection, the team becomes just another televised piece of entertainment to me - and one that specifically and actively chose to cease to be part of my community.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
For the STL fans...

This sounds like someone who will STILL be "supporting" the team from his couch.

I had my season tickets, went to the practices, shred this experiences with my family and other loyal and passionate fans BECAUSE of the experience. Being up close and personal, seeing the product first hand. Not relying on the tv coverage. Yes I watched the AWAY games (the ones I didn't or could afford to attend) on tv, and trust me, if you really understand the game, there is no comparison from seeing it in person.

So for you, or anyone to try to soften this by saying "you can save $$$ and still watch it in tv" is just telling me exactly why kind of "fan" you really are.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
St. Louis is a baseball town, remember when the Rams didn't sell out a rare Monday night game a few years back.
Go Rams!

That's your opinion but it's not reality. Not too many cities would have continued to support a team that in one stretch went 15-65, the worst in NFL history, yet St. Louis did.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
So for you, or anyone to try to soften this by saying "you can save $$$ and still watch it in tv" is just telling me exactly why kind of "fan" you really are.

"Anyone trying to soften" this might be trying to show compassion. I certainly took Frantik's post that way.

I see quite a few LA fans who have stuck with the team doing that here on this board of late. I get your pain, and I know how it feels from back when they abandoned us in LA. But lashing out isn't the answer, you're better than that brother.

4mation0

UDFA
I don't post very often but I feel like I need to chime in and offer some condolences to every St. Louis-based Rams fanatic. I'm a long distance fan living on the East Coast, so I can't imagine what you good folks must be feeling. I hope that over the next few weeks the hurt will subside just enough that most of you will decide even now to keep following this team that's so sorely tried our patience in so many ways. I can't say I'd blame you if you walked away, but I would really miss the expertise and insights you've brought to this forum, and being a long-distance fan will be far less enjoyable without you all here to offer your two cents worth. But if you should decide to place your allegiance elsewhere, then know that it's been a privilege to listen in to your debates, opinions, and even your occasional rants! Stand tall.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Buy Sunday ticket huh? Lol, more than likely I will, if I ever get over this feeling but you have to understand how St. Louis is. Our teams are our community, our family, we ARE connected. It's like I lost a family member... SERIOUSLY.... like when I listen to sports talk radio I'm sure in a few years the rams exclusive talk will be phased out. I will probably not listen anymore becuase I have no other reason to listen... I turn the station if there is no football talk especially rams talk.

I have a friend that moved from Stl to Vegas about 6yrs ago. I called him when I heard the news and he was just as sad as I was he even told me he was just about to turn his phone off becuase he didn't want to talk to anyone. I asked why he was upset because the team is 4/5hrs from him and he said "I'm from st.louis, not LA. How can I support a team that's not my hometown? I rep my city". Before I found this site and another rams forum I have never met another person so passionate about this team besides him and I. Smh, he and I and others I'm sure have traveled the nation and supported this bad franchise with all the losing but we never faulted.

If a new team comes here honestly I can't see how I can support it cuz I'm a rams fan but I still would have to support my home team, lol I think I need consouling now

RAMBUSH

Starter
That's your opinion but it's not reality. Not too many cities would have continued to support a team that in one stretch went 15-65, the worst in NFL history, yet St. Louis did.
Hey, me too! I never strayed. Always and only one football team I root for period. The Rams!
And I wouldn't say it's my opinion st. Louis loves their cards.

RamzFanz

Damnit
St. Louis is a baseball town, remember when the Rams didn't sell out a rare Monday night game a few years back.
Go Rams!

Saint Louis is a sports town. Having more support for a MLB team that are perennial winners over a decade of losing is an indicator of quality of product, not fandom willingness. Let's remember the last years the Rams were in LA their attendance was worse than any year in STL.

In other words, please don't tell us who we are.

http://www.stlmag.com/news/sports/wall-street-journal-st-louis-is-the-top-sports-city-in-2015/

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am so tired of comments like this. Oh it's OK ya lost the team because you can save money and watch it on TV. Do you really belive that? We paid to go to these games when we could have watched it for FREE on TV. It's not about the money. It's about the team leaving and how it was handled. If your significant other cheated on you told you to freak off and took all your money while doing so would you stay with her?

To be fair, it'd be more like if her Dad worked for you (you paid him money) and then he moved your GF away from you, and she had no say in the matter - in that scenario, would you harbor ill will toward her?

Nobody here roots for the Kroenkies.....you root for the Rams.