Still unsatisfied...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Hey man, we didn't pull it out against Philly or Dallas and those were very similiar games. That's huge progress and a massive confidence lift for our ultra young team.

Starting youth

Rookie LG
Rookie DT
Rookie CB
And now a rookie RB

2nd year guys
QB
2WRs Austin
LB
SS
FS

That's a ton of youth that came together to beat who many still beleived were a top 3 team in the NFL.

Two weeks ago we lose this game, now we barely win it. It's massive!

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Hey man, we didn't pull it out against Philly or Dallas and those were very similiar games. That's huge progress and a massive confidence lift for our ultra young team.

Starting youth

Rookie LG
Rookie DT
Rookie CB
And now a rookie RB

2nd year guys
QB
2WRs Austin
LB
SS
FS

That's a ton of youth that came together to beat who many still beleived were a top 3 team in the NFL.

Two weeks ago we lose this game, now we barely win it. It's massive!

Austin Davis & McLeod are in year 3

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Couldn't keep this to the vent thread huh?

There's always somebody...
its not a vent. i said nothing inappropriate or personally insulting to anyone they were just my observations and opinions. i gave my congrats to fisher and fassel and the rest need to improve. no reason to be a dick.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
I think never being satisfied is a good thing to have in sports. You should always have that drive that you didn't do enough that last time out, or that last pass, or that last run, or that last defended pass.

I loved the win, but still much room for improvement and I'd say I'm unsatisfied in the sense we still haven't put a complete game together yet. I'm talking 4 strong quarters.
thank you thats simply what I wanted to say. i have my own attitude of always trying to improve so i expect that through a sports perspective too. they played 40 mins instead of 30 and it got them the win. but thats only a slight improvement. if we hadnt converted that punt we wouldve lost and ppl wouldve thrown the coaches under the bus.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Austin Davis & McLeod are in year 3

Thank you, but that doesn't really take away from my point. Davis may as well have been a rookie last year. McCleod didn't see significant time until last year. It's still an ultra young team.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
its not a vent. i said nothing inappropriate or personally insulting to anyone they were just my observations and opinions. i gave my congrats to fisher and fassel and the rest need to improve. no reason to be a dick.

I don't think you're going to last long here acting like a diva.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Should I head to the venting thread?

It's a W. Shame that a W against the former SB champs blew your skirt up.

Try to enjoy it. There's been far too many L's not to enjoy the W's we do get.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I'm still unsatisfied with that win. that is NOT how you win football games. we managed to get about 40 mins out of them instead of 30 and thats how the Rams pulled it out by the skin of their teeth. Gregg Williams is still proving he doesn't know how to do anything but blitz. Schottenheimer once again runs great scripted plays through most of the half and THEN has no idea how to manage an offense with a lead or how to adjust to a defense. Individual mistakes on the field need to be covered up by having the rest of the unit step up on any given play but Williams is showing opposing teams every flaw we have through his play calls. Schotty needs to learn some kind of creativity and keep a balanced aggressive attack going even with big leads.

Hats off to Fassel for finally getting his special teams to show up. and to Fisher for having HUGE balls when it counts. LOTS of improvement. dont settle for more wins like this. but a decent start to some hopeful future changes.

Oh for the love of...

1. You win football games in anyway you can. There's no magic formula. Just score more points. 3 months from now, we'll all look back and say we beat the shitchickens.

2. Your blasting of the coordinators is ironic as you have no idea what they are actually doing out there, coaching wise. First let me address Gregg Williams, I personally didn't see many blitzes today. The front 4 was getting nice pressure all day, but Russell Wilson being that maddeningly good athlete he is made plays. That's all it is. Also, Greg Williams doesn't bite in. Alec Ogletree isn't having a good 2nd year so far; you can coach and scream and do w/e you need to at a player, but at the end of the day he needs to make the play.

3. What you are screaming for Schotty to do is exactly what he did today. The dude played with a lead all game. When the shitchickens got to within 2, he cooridnated the offense to 7. That cannot be an accident against one of the best defenses in the league. When are we going to move past the point of blaming the OC for everything? Besides the offense isn't a problem. They have scored at least 21 points in every game since Minnesota.

4. Don't get your hopes for changes. They aren't going to change anything, other than some wrinkles depending on the opponent. Teams don't just change what they did all of camp week after week. And especially not in the middle of the season. What would that exactly accomplish?

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Oh for the love of...

1. You win football games in anyway you can. There's no magic formula. Just score more points. 3 months from now, we'll all look back and say we beat the shitchickens.

2. Your blasting of the coordinators is ironic as you have no idea what they are actually doing out there, coaching wise. First let me address Gregg Williams, I personally didn't see many blitzes today. The front 4 was getting nice pressure all day, but Russell Wilson being that maddeningly good athlete he is made plays. That's all it is. Also, Greg Williams doesn't bite in. Alec Ogletree isn't having a good 2nd year so far; you can coach and scream and do w/e you need to at a player, but at the end of the day he needs to make the play.

3. What you are screaming for Schotty to do is exactly what he did today. The dude played with a lead all game. When the shitchickens got to within 2, he cooridnated the offense to 7. That cannot be an accident against one of the best defenses in the league. When are we going to move past the point of blaming the OC for everything? Besides the offense isn't a problem. They have scored at least 21 points in every game since Minnesota.

4. Don't get your hopes for changes. They aren't going to change anything, other than some wrinkles depending on the opponent. Teams don't just change what they did all of camp week after week. And especially not in the middle of the season. What would that exactly accomplish?

Well said.

No need for message board drama. Just win baby!

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Oh for the love of...

Ask yourself just ONE question. what would you be saying if Fisher wasn't forced to run a fake punt on his own 18 to hopefully seal a game they were winning by 18 and if they didnt make it. AND last week by HOW MUCH and against Dallas by HOW MUCH? but only in the first half. then almost no points in the second half ever. dude i just want 60 minutes of football thats what good teams do both sides of the ball. and the fact you just said this team WON'T change for the rest of the season meaning they keep playing these type of games is more insulting to the team than anything I said. you think progress is only made during camp?

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I'd think you'd be able to tip your hat to a good second half performance by the defending Super Bowl champions.

We haven't been a good enough team to deserve this cocky, we should win all four quarters BS.

We beat a good team. Maybe in a few days you'll be able to heal emotionally from this WIN.

Status
Not open for further replies.