Steven Jackson signs with Patriots

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Problem is he always pulls his groin or pulls a hammy in the beginning of every season, so with him being out for a year I wonder if he can stay on the field without doing so again.

Q729

Legend
I am reminded of Hacksaw, Tyler, and Bruce with the 49ers with this news:hellno:....All leave me with a sickening feeling inside:puke:.....And I hope the :shooting:pats lose in the first round:mrburnsevil:.:banana:....For some reason Kurt with the Cards didn't make me feel this way....:thinking:
All former Rams ending up on teams I hate make me sick, Kurt included. I hated the
Steelers but were rooting for them to beat Kurt. The Cards for some reason just strike me as a team that should remain losers. Their success coming when it should've been our time ticks me off to no end. The only time I can let my hatred go is after we've had a good run as a dynasty. :)

Ram65

Legend
Someone to watch. Wonder what SJ39 has left in the tank. Good for him.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
He looked like he was finished a couple of years ago. Can't imagine he's got anything left in the tank. He was running like an old man in his last year for us.

What a guy though he deserves some success.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
even though im out of the playoffs, i'm going to pick him up before the pats fans in my leagues. there's NO WAY i can let them gloat with him on their roster

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good for him but it still makes me a little sick.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I might be the minority but I'd cheer for a Patriots superbowl if it meant SJAX got a ring.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/22/patriots-make-it-official-with-steven-jackson/

Patriots make it official with Steven Jackson
Posted by Josh Alper on December 22, 2015

460172996-e1450807143271.jpg
Getty Images

Running back Steven Jackson’s return to the NFL became official on Tuesday with the Patriots announcing that they have signed the veteran to their 53-man roster.

Jackson has not played in the NFL at all this season, was unemployed for nearly the entire year after being released by the Falcons in February and hadn’t popped up on the radar in quite a while before working out for the Patriots last week.

That makes it difficult to know just what Jackson will be able to offer the Patriots offense, although we do know that he’s got fresh legs given the lack of wear and tear he’s picked up this year.

With the Patriots already locked into a top-two seed in the AFC, Jackson has some time to round into form and get the offense down before the team will kick off its playoff season in the divisional round almost a month from now.

The Patriots will use that time to figure out how Jackson, James White, Brandon Bolden and Joey Iosefa fit into their backfield.

The Patriots released defensive tackle Ishmaa’ily Kitchen to make room for Jackson on the roster. Kitchen signed last week, but did not play in the victory over the Titans.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All time leading rusher in Rams history!

Well rested, that's for sure!

Good luck, Steven... you deserve to go out a winner in my book.

…..

Legend
oddly this boesn't bother me. Maybe it's because I'm older. I never had the same feeling for Steven that I had for Kurt or Jack or Jackie or some other Rams greats.

It killed me when Dusty managed the Giants ...

It killed me inside when Issac Bruce wore that other jersey.....

Would be nice for Steven to get a ring.

I reserve the right to still hate the sorry fucking Patriots

Last edited:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I can root for Steven Jackson without favoring his team. Likely i'll dislike both teams in this years SuperBowl anyway, so if SJ gets to the BigShow, I'll hope he runs for 200 yards & 4 TD's, then comes home and retires as a Ram. jmo.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Good luck to SJ39. I just don't think he will add much, but good for him.