Steven Jackson signs with Patriots

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/16/report-steven-jackson-meeting-with-patriots/

Report: Steven Jackson meeting with Patriots
Posted by Zac Jackson on December 16, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptezmdm3ywzimzflztnlzdrlowyxyty0mdi2ndk4ywfh.jpeg
AP

Veteran running back Steven Jackson is meeting with the Patriots Wednesday, ESPN’s Ed Werder reported.

Jackson played for Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels when McDaniels held the same role with the Rams in 2011. The Patriots are exploring options because starting running backLeGarrette Blount has a hip injury that could force him to miss the rest of the season.

Jackson, 32, had eight straight 1,000-yard rushing seasons from 2005-12. He averaged 46 yards per game over the last two seasons with the Falcons.

The Patriots added Montee Ball to their practice squad Tuesday. Blount’s absence leaves just two running backs on the active roster, Brandon Bolden and James White.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
One hand I want to puke.

The other I hope he gets on a playoff team.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
Is S.Jackson snakebitten or is it just plain bad luck throughout his career.Jackson suffered through all those years of losing with our Rams.Then he goes to Atl and they immediately start to into a tailspin that they're still in.So if Jackson is snakebitten NE would be where I would want him.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I hope he gets on the Patriots. If they make it to the Superbowl against another team that I hate like Arizona or Seattle then I will have something to root for.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
If anyone deserves a ring it's him. My admiration for Jackson outweighs my disdain for the Pats I'm afraid.

I wasn't following either the Rams or the NFL in general in 2001/2 so I wasn't personally wronged by them plus he deserves a shot for being the only bright spot on this team for so many years.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
So, the 32 yr old guy, out of the league, gets the call before Pead??
Great pick, there.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Anyone remember St Louis Cards RB Otis Anderson? He & Steven were about the same size and ran somewhat the same.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottis_Anderson

Drafted in the first round like Steven in 1979 and played very late in his career for the NYG and won Super Bowl XXV, and was named Super Bowl MVP in 1991 a bit older than Steven is now.

IMO, I am fine with Steven signing with the Pats and having a chance to play deep into the playoffs. Thanks for all those losing yrs as a Ram Steven,(y) go get it done!

Last edited:

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
SJax would be a good fit in NE since Blount is down. His experience running behind awful O-lines would be valuable, as would his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2015/1...s-rams-rb-steven-jackson-new-england-patriots

The Patriots are in a crunch at RB right now having just added Montee Ball to their current crop of Brandon Bolden and James White with Dion Lewis and LeGarrette Blount both out for the season.

I'd be lying if I suggested I wasn't pulling for this to work in AxJax's favor. I've been a public advocate for his Hall of Fame case for a while now, especially in this climate.

Jackson, who spent his first nine NFL seasons with the Rams, ranks 18th in career rushing yards with 11,388 ahead of Hall of Famers John Riggins, O.J. Simpson, Earl Campbell and Larry Csonka. He's also tied for 32nd with 68 career rushing touchdowns ahead of Hall of Famer Thurman Thomas.

The Rams went 44-99-1 despite Jackson's stellar career.
----------
Not going to lie
SJ going to the Patriots will make it difficult for me to hate them…
---------
If he signs with them, there's a SMALL chance I pull for them in the playoffs
SJax was the reason I became a Rams fan to begin with. At the least he deserves a winning team. At the most he deserves a ring…even if it’s not with us…and even if it IS with the Pats
---------
Got to admit it..
Would probably be the only time I would Cheer for them EVER! I hope they pick him up, cause the star studded crop they have right now… SJAX has got to be better then them, right?
---------
His stats still blow my mind,
considering just how mind blowingly awful some of those Rams teams were. I hope you get your shot, Stevie.

I still, however, and will always hate the Patriots.
---------
I hope he gets a SB ring
Actually, I hope he sneaks into the secret room and burgles all the spy tapes, revealing them for the entire world to see on a special episode of Geraldo.
---------
This hurts. It hurts a lot.

480503758.gif

belichick_camera.jpg

rams2050

Starter
He will be playing for the Evil Empire. No way in hell would I ever root for the Pats, even if the Pope was their running back. (And with THIS Pope, who knows?):rolllaugh: