Steven Jackson Cursed?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
If the Rams make the playoff in the next couple years, it would be a great gesture to sign him back for one game. Certain players need to retire as Rams and he is one of them.
This is my hope as well. It would be a real class thing to do.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
There's more to a player's greatness than playing in a Super Bowl.
Yes. The "winners alone" philosophy fails to recognize individual achivement. Yes, doing it in the clutch in biggest game on biggest stage. But, Merlin, Deacon, Jack never won the big one. Yes, they won in regular season, but not the big one.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Yes. The "winners alone" philosophy fails to recognize individual achivement. Yes, doing it in the clutch in biggest game on biggest stage. But, Merlin, Deacon, Jack never won the big one. Yes, they won in regular season, but not the big one.
The thing I take from Jackson is he never won the big one, but if it wasn't for him the Rams wouldn't have won a game for sure one year and maybe another year. That's a great achievement on its own.

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
If I had the deciding vote, he would be in the Hall of Fame. Great player, Great teammate, Great man.

GO RAMS!!!!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I was worried when he signed with Atlanta. They were a playoff team at the time, but a suspect line.

AZRamsFan93

His last year here he had 1 run longer than 30 yards - ONE...

Sad he keeps getting terrible o-lines though - Atlanta cannot run block for crap
Well so far this year the Rams longest run from scrimmage is 28 yards (by Tre Mason yesterday), so 30 yards is looking pretty good right now!

I love Steven Jackson as a player and a leader, and I wish him all the best in life.

Ramathon

I would have loved to see what he could have been on a good team.

Ditto. IMO, if he'd played on a team like the Cowboys teams Emit Smith played on, Sj39 would have been a sure fire, first time eligible HOF'er. He'll likely get some consideration anyway, but probably not get elected early in his eligibility years. Maybe somewhere down the road.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Still think he could play and be dominant for another 5 yrs if he was converted to a tight end!
Only if he's a pass catching TE...not sure how much of a run blocker he could be, and his pass blocking as a RB developed through his career but it wasn't dominant.

All in all...learning a new position and being effective I think would be much harder than you'd think.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Heck I love Action Jackson. I'll always rember how bad we sucked and how he was the only reason I was excited for games I knew we'd lose.

Jackson was our only glimmer of Ram football through the darkest of years.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I kept telling him (through my computer screen) that he should go to Green Bay when he it the open market. Had a bad feeling (for him) about him going to Atlanta and it's turning out to be correct. Feel bad for the guy because he deserves better.
He and Eddie Lacy OMG!!!!!!!!!!! Speaking of Lacy, he possibly has the biggest tree trunks for legs of any back I've ever seen.

Adrian

UDFA
Name
vermeilsRE
Only if he's a pass catching TE...not sure how much of a run blocker he could be, and his pass blocking as a RB developed through his career but it wasn't dominant.

All in all...learning a new position and being effective I think would be much harder than you'd think.
Agree. I remember seeing this picture thinking that he would dominate jl55 as a tight end. Don't get me wrong, I love jl55, but w Jackson's height, hands, and strength, I couldn't imagine a safety much less a linebacker competing w him. U could literally in him up anywhere.
image.jpg

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Still amazes me that there is such affection for a guy who chose to go elsewhere. He could have stayed and been part of the rebuild here, but opted for greener pastures. So he got what he asked for. Playing for a team with a worse record, and sharing carries. Is he cursed? No, but I do believe Karma is a beyotch

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Still amazes me that there is such affection for a guy who chose to go elsewhere. He could have stayed and been part of the rebuild here, but opted for greener pastures. So he got what he asked for. Playing for a team with a worse record, and sharing carries. Is he cursed? No, but I do believe Karma is a beyotch

After so many years of carrying the team on his shoulders, I'd be shocked if there wasn't affection for S-Jax.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
After so many years of carrying the team on his shoulders, I'd be shocked if there wasn't affection for S-Jax.
I'm not a fan of a guy who says "you guys arent good enough for me, I'm going elsewhere". He opted out

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I'm not a fan of a guy who says "you guys arent good enough for me, I'm going elsewhere". He opted out
I tend to agree with this sentiment. He had an option to stay in STL but chose to leave so he could be "the guy" rather than sharing snaps and thought he was going somewhere where he had a better shot at the playoffs. This doesn't seem to be the case so much anymore. I love everything he did as a Ram and totally respected him during his time in STL. But now he's a Falcon...

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I can see where Steven was coming from. Rams were a year or two away when he left and he wanted to win now. It would be silly to think that the Falcons wouldn't be a prolific offense in 2013 and have a title shot. Their weak leak was running back so Jackson was an obvious choice. Do I feel bad for Jackson and Gonzales, who decided to play one more year and build on 2012's success, for the Falcons laying an egg? No. Did Jackson deserve to be on a losing team? No.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can see where Steven was coming from. Rams were a year or two away when he left and he wanted to win now. It would be silly to think that the Falcons wouldn't be a prolific offense in 2013 and have a title shot. Their weak leak was running back so Jackson was an obvious choice. Do I feel bad for Jackson and Gonzales, who decided to play one more year and build on 2012's success, for the Falcons laying an egg? No. Did Jackson deserve to be on a losing team? No.
Right, he quit on the team. Left for greener pastures. Its called karma
Our running game was fine without him, but what if he were still there? Maybe the Rams woulda been the playoff team. We'll never know, becasue he opted out