Steve Wyche-Official @sshat!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Rams were a 4-12 team.

I think their ceiling is 7 wins this year, maybe 8.

Jared Goff has a long way to go just because of where Jared Goff came from in High School and College - the Spread.

I say good luck to him.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rams get 9 wins....Goff is a 4000 yard man..

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I saw Cody Kessler, Wentz, and Dak play quite a few games last year....Goff looked terrible in comparison....and I'm talking going from bad....to worse....instead of going the other way
Funny how you list the only 3 rookie QB's to have a coaching staff capable of coaching one up. And don't list the other rookie QB's that struggled. But we're used to you picking and choosing stuff to make Goff look worse in your eyes :D

Oh btw since you wouldn't post the mug shot in the other thread I went and found it...

12104571.jpg

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just heard Wentz's receivers led the league in drops....now what?
LOL I guess their QB coach should have done a better job on the WR's too. BTW did you know who their WR coach is? The name Mike Groh sound familiar? Take your time in coming back it's ok

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
BTW did you know who their WR coach is? The name Mike Groh sound familiar?
So he was pretty successful with an ex-Rams wr coach...who I thought did a pretty decent job...Not sure where we're going with this...but let me just say....all play on the field is NOT the fault of coaching...at some point the players decide....It goes to....what did he do when there wasn't pressure? What happened when there was an open target? What did he do? And compare that to these other rookie QB's...that supposedly had so much extra stuff around them to help them perform.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So he was pretty successful with an ex-Rams wr coach...who I thought did a pretty decent job...Not sure where we're going with this...but let me just say....all play on the field is NOT the fault of coaching...at some point the players decide....It goes to....what did he do when there wasn't pressure? What happened when there was an open target? What did he do? And compare that to these other rookie QB's...that supposedly had so much extra stuff around them to help them perform.
ohhh..my bad, I misheard and thought you were talking about Mike Rowe...
PolIrlH.jpg

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At some point the coaches have to prepare the players to perform on Sundays. Then it's the players who decide Sundays.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At some point the coaches have to prepare the players to perform on Sundays. Then it's the players who decide Sundays.
I decide, grasshopper!
~Petey

6iV9C88.gif

fearsomefour

Legend
The last Ram to have the bar lowered on him was Richie Incognito.
(Insert picture of s bloated drunk Tommy Boy)

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
"They [Rams] know they won't win any games without Aaron Donald." Michael Robinson, NFLN @sshat

Are my expectations too high for reporters?

Yes. IDK why you are taking this so personally. I've tuned them out (literally and figuratively). And following the NFL after that is so much more fun.

Whatever happens, happens.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Wyche worded it poorly. - "The Rams hired McVay to fix the offense, and that starts with teaching Goff how to run an NFL offense." That is more like it. Wyche has never really impressed me with his insights.

As for LA media, I have never seen a more football stupid group of bumbling reporters. The LA media has been a big disappointment.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think Vinny has been consistently the best so far in coverage. He seems to have an inside line on some stuff, and has routinely tweeted on the team from day one in addition to the articles. Honestly his addition to the Register has been a godsend, if we were left with guys like Whicker covering the team we'd be doomed.

Also I'll add that McVay in general was a slam dunk in that he's got the local press in his back pocket with the way he handles them. He just has to win now. When that happens the guy is going to be a star and the Rams will have a nice long run as the premier team in LA.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
To overcome such a horrendous start to his career, he needs a dramatic turnaround....that many "experts" feel is going to be incredibly difficult, if not impossible....A lot of QB's struggle as rookies....I'd say almost none played as bad as Goff. And then turned into something.
I just want to bring up my two favorite example of QB's that Really, Really Sucked their first year or so ..
1) Brett Favre!! " Stunk-Up the Place in Atlanta and was Laughable his 1st year in Green Bay!
2) Troy Aikman in Dallas!! After his 1st year was LUCKY to get a 2nd year!!
These are Facts! I laughed a lot at these guys their first couple years! Then I Stopped Laughing!!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Rams were a 4-12 team.

I think their ceiling is 7 wins this year, maybe 8.

Jared Goff has a long way to go just because of where Jared Goff came from in High School and College - the Spread.

I say good luck to him.
Just our Coaching Changes alone will get us 4 more Wins! Then Calculate in the New Vets / New Rookies / New Spirit /Top 5 Defense / Top 12 ( minimum) Offense and I say 13-3 is very possible!!

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'm just saying I've seen these pundits speculate and BS stuff a lot more outrageous than that.

Every recent no.1 overall QB pick I can think of started their first season a starter. Goff didn't. There is some basis behind what he's saying even if it doesn't necessarily apply to the current regime.

I have to wonder if the real reason Goff didn't get the opportunity to be the starter from day one was Fisher's philosophy? He had a history of not putting rookies out there early. Carson Wentz played 38 snaps in the preseason. Didn't look all that great against defenses who were not showing exotic blitz's and coverages. Yet, they stepped out on faith, traded Bradford made Wentz the starter. Turned out ok for them. Their philosophy was different than Fisher's.

Ram65

Legend
"Sean McVay was brought in to make Jared Goff a little better...One of the more intriguing dynamics is it seems the bar has been lowered for Goff as compared to other first overall draft picks. What is the expectation, especially this time last summer, Jared Goff was the number three on the depth chart. he's been working as a starter all off season?"

I'm not getting this either. The Rams lowered expectations last year?

Sure considering he was given limited opportunities early on to really learn the offense. An offense that was too wordy and hard any rookie to call out. Wasn't taught how to read the NFL defenses either.

McVay was brought in to get the entire Rams team going. Getting Goff to understand his offense from the ground up. It seems to be working. Goff is in better command of the offense per many players. He looks much better under center.

Wyche was talking to a reporter at Ram's practice when asking the question...WHEN has anyone at Rams Park EVER lowered expectations about Goff? She then says that Dan Orlovsky may have been brought in to teach Goff the intangibles..WTF?????

This makes no sense.