Steve Wyche-Official @sshat!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok, I'm a little pizzed....Just listened to the narrative by Steve Wyche on the NFLN, and he said...

"Sean McVay was brought in to make Jared Goff a little better...One of the more intriguing dynamics is it seems the bar has been lowered for Goff as compared to other first overall draft picks. What is the expectation, especially this time last summer, Jared Goff was the number three on the depth chart. he's been working as a starter all off season?"

Wyche was talking to a reporter at Ram's practice when asking the question...WHEN has anyone at Rams Park EVER lowered expectations about Goff? She then says that Dan Orlovsky may have been brought in to teach Goff the intangibles..WTF?????

Orlovsky is a Camp Arm and nothing else..Where do they get these stupid MUTHF%^&@$@s!

BTW..on a less passionate note, the Rams will be covered "live" for a bit on NFLN live at 6pm EST

jjab360

Legend
...I don't really see anything wrong with what he said. I wouldn't have the same expectations of former no.1 overall picks like Luck or Newton based off of what I saw last year, I'm just hoping to see progress tbh. I also think that a veteran like Orlovsky was brought in because both of our QBs right now are very young and a veteran presence could change the dynamic of the QB room a bit.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
...I don't really see anything wrong with what he said. I wouldn't have the same expectations of former no.1 overall picks like Luck or Newton based off of what I saw last year, I'm just hoping to see progress tbh. I also think that a veteran like Orlovsky was brought in because both of our QBs right now are very young and a veteran presence could change the dynamic of the QB room a bit.

Wyche was saying that the RAM'S were saying this. When have you heard McVay or Snead say they just wanted Goff to improve a little?

As for the Orlovsky comment, you could tell that she was talking to others that have no clue what Goff has been doing this offseason, working his ass off to get better. Honesty is ok..BS just pizzes me off! They are talking out of their @ss, imo.

jjab360

Legend
Wyche was saying that the RAM'S were saying this. When have you heard McVay or Snead say they just wanted Goff to improve a little?

As for the Orlovsky comment, you could tell that she was talking to others that have no clue what Goff has been doing this offseason, working his ass off to get better. Honesty is ok..BS just pizzes me off! They are talking out of their @ss, imo.
I'm just saying I've seen these pundits speculate and BS stuff a lot more outrageous than that.

Every recent no.1 overall QB pick I can think of started their first season a starter. Goff didn't. There is some basis behind what he's saying even if it doesn't necessarily apply to the current regime.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I haven't. Point to exact quotes where Ram's officials have lowered expectations on Gurley or Goff? It's just the NFLN lazy@ss mofo's taking the common comment that all Ram's players say..Donald, Goff, Quinn, Austin..."We are just trying to get better." They are morphing that worn out phrase into "a little bit better" in Goff's case...

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
_________
560553246_295x166.jpg

940x.jpg

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Ok, I'm a little pizzed....Just listened to the narrative by Steve Wyche on the NFLN, and he said...

"Sean McVay was brought in to make Jared Goff a little better...One of the more intriguing dynamics is it seems the bar has been lowered for Goff as compared to other first overall draft picks. What is the expectation, especially this time last summer, Jared Goff was the number three on the depth chart. he's been working as a starter all off season?"

Wyche was talking to a reporter at Ram's practice when asking the question...WHEN has anyone at Rams Park EVER lowered expectations about Goff? She then says that Dan Orlovsky may have been brought in to teach Goff the intangibles..WTF?????

Orlovsky is a Camp Arm and nothing else..Where do they get these stupid MUTHF%^&@$@s!

BTW..on a less passionate note, the Rams will be covered "live" for a bit on NFLN live at 6pm EST
I agree with your opinion of Wyche, he seems to have changed his Tone / the way he handles the Rams every since his "Buddy" Fisher got canned!
And thanks for the Program up-date, I'm heading for the TV with a Cold Beer!(y);)

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm just saying I've seen these pundits speculate and BS stuff a lot more outrageous than that.

Every recent no.1 overall QB pick I can think of started their first season a starter. Goff didn't. There is some basis behind what he's saying even if it doesn't necessarily apply to the current regime.
But the truth is that many QB's used to be sat for a couple of years, some very good QB's were treated this way. Just because the NFL is antsy about starting rookies because HC';s don't want to get fired, doesn't make it the right decision. Goff needed more time because he came from that Bear Raid spread offense from Cal, but seems to be doing everything in his power to overcome that handicap....

KOWALSKI

Rookie
I haven't. Point to exact quotes where Ram's officials have lowered expectations on Gurley or Goff? It's just the NFLN lazy@ss mofo's taking the common comment that all Ram's players say..Donald, Goff, Quinn, Austin..."We are just trying to get better." They are morphing that worn out phrase into "a little bit better" in Goff's case...
you do understand that all these journos talk to fo or coaches even if a camera isn't rolling or off the record?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
you do understand that all these journos talk to fo or coaches even if a camera isn't rolling or off the record?
Some..and I DO also understand that they talk out of theirasses most of the time because they are lazy.They have an idea, and then they ask questions in such a way to get a quote that fits their pre-concieved ideas, if they do that at all. I have little respect for national sports "journalists" because they really do not know the day-to-day stuff, but speak so authoritatively as if they do....

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
KOWALSKI...Watching reporters quote "fishing" at press conferences, tells you exactly what sort of angle the reporters are going. Many times they frame the question so that the subject agrees..After an interview, I can tell what each reporters story is going to be, which is why I have quit reading most Rams stories online, because I have heard that exact same reporters questions. Miles Symmons does similar things, but he has more access and does other stories that don't follow the same pattern....,..

National guys at ESPN and NFLN talk to each other and they reinforce their own views in that bubble. They see the Rams as the Same-ole-Sorry-Assed-Rams, and they figure that's all there is to "know" about them...
and then talk Patriots, Cowboys, and freakin Jets the rest of the time.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Some..and I DO also understand that they talk out of theirasses most of the time because they are lazy.They have an idea, and then they ask questions in such a way to get a quote that fits their pre-concieved ideas, if they do that at all. I have little respect for national sports "journalists" because they really do not know the day-to-day stuff, but speak so authoritatively as if they do....
Brother....all I can say is keep the faith, but many "experts" in the media game have heard some narrative that we here at ROD don't seem to want to admit....as "terrible" as Fisher was, Goff was just as bad...To overcome such a horrendous start to his career, he needs a dramatic turnaround....that many "experts" feel is going to be incredibly difficult, if not impossible....A lot of QB's struggle as rookies....I'd say almost none played as bad as Goff. And then turned into something.

To label a guy like Steve Wyche as "lazy" is really being a little harsh on a guy just doing his job...he's not tweeting...he's doing some journalistic research, and this is what he's found out..You can choose to believe or disregard any, some, or all of it...But I wouldn't doubt it's based on some truth...from someone in the Rams front office.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Brother....all I can say is keep the faith, but many "experts" in the media game have heard some narrative that we here at ROD don't seem to want to admit....as "terrible" as Fisher was, Goff was just as bad...To overcome such a horrendous start to his career, he needs a dramatic turnaround....that many "experts" feel is going to be incredibly difficult, if not impossible....A lot of QB's struggle as rookies....I'd say almost none played as bad as Goff. And then turned into something.

To label a guy like Steve Wyche as "lazy" is really being a little harsh on a guy just doing his job...he's not tweeting...he's doing some journalistic research, and this is what he's found out..You can choose to believe or disregard any, some, or all of it...But I wouldn't doubt it's based on some truth...from someone in the Rams front office.

are you for real? i saw goff play 3 games last season - dolphins, saints and seagulls.

what i saw was a rookie playing the qb position. he wasn't terrible or horrendous, he was just a rookie.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
what i saw was a rookie playing the qb position. he wasn't terrible or horrendous, he was just a rookie.
I saw Cody Kessler, Wentz, and Dak play quite a few games last year....Goff looked terrible in comparison....and I'm talking going from bad....to worse....instead of going the other way

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Sad truth is that nowadays the media provides news to the casual fans, not the more hardcore type fans who frequent message boards. And it's all hype and stupidity, over-the-top nonsense just like on a telecast when they talk every player up who makes a good play like he's a HoF guy.

Just dudes filling air time and title leads that are designed for more clicks.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I saw Cody Kessler, Wentz, and Dak play quite a few games last year....Goff looked terrible in comparison....and I'm talking going from bad....to worse....instead of going the other way

i'm happy for them. which one of them had rob boras as their oc? a guy only a hc like fisher would hire.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve

Let's revisit this 7 games in this year's schedule ....and see where Goff is then in comparison. ... I believe you will be pleasantly surprised @LACHAMP46... ;)

GO RAMS....... ;)

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sad truth is that nowadays the media provides news to the casual fans, not the more hardcore type fans who frequent message boards. And it's all hype and stupidity, over-the-top nonsense just like on a telecast when they talk every player up who makes a good play like he's a HoF guy.

exactly.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

"They [Rams] know they won't win any games without Aaron Donald." Michael Robinson, NFLN @sshat

Are my expectations too high for reporters?