Steelers' Rooney against expanding instant replay

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Didnt Dallas just get hosed on that? This post reeks of sour grapes. The Steelers and Patriots are generally good teams year in and out which might have something to do with that.

Actually, I hesitated about including them in that post, but after the Rams got royally screwed on a couple calls against them this year, I had to throw them in. Either way, the Rams are almost always on the receiving end of bad calls, so changing replay to include penalties only helps our team.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Didnt Dallas just get hosed on that? This post reeks of sour grapes. The Steelers and Patriots are generally good teams year in and out which might have something to do with that.
No, they did not get "hosed". The call that was made was correct as per the rules. But I agree 100% with @HE WITH HORNS that they often benefit from bad calls. For reference check out our game against the last year.

WvuIN02

Starter
Only crybabies whine about bad calls. Bad calls happen vs good teams all the time, but usually they dont matter in the outcome of their games.

Regardless, leave the whining to the Seahawks fans about officiating.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
So we shouldn't be able to review a 33 yard pass interference penalty that spots the ball at the one yard line? I'd say that's important enough to change the outcome of a close game. Football is a game of inches, and when the refs can make 15 yard penalty calls, they need to be reviewable.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Of course a guy from the Stealers or the Cheatriots, or the Cowgirls will be opposed to changing the replay rules. Those are the teams that get most of the calls in their favor. Why would they want to ruin a good thing for themselves?

In the 70's, the Raiders were the most fun to watch team in the NFL. They were my AFC team then this happened:

Two things: the ball touched another offensive player (illegal back then) and Franco picked it up off the ground. Would replay have killed this play and postponed or derailed the Steeler dynasty??

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Would replay have killed this play and postponed or derailed the Steeler dynasty??
Well, considering that Pittsburgh lost to Miami the following weekend, I'd say this had nothing to do with the dynasty, but everything to do with the Pittsburgh/Oakland rivalry.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Well, considering that Pittsburgh lost to Miami the following weekend, I'd say this had nothing to do with the dynasty, but everything to do with the Pittsburgh/Oakland rivalry.

Ha!! Good point. The facts are a little foggy from when I was 12...