Stedman Bailey still trying to return

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
we'll have to agree to disagree. he was never more than the #3-4 wr on a team that never really had a great wr core. I, like most people, thought there was potential and thought there was a chance for him to be a starter in the future, but the fact is he never was a starter so ill have to stick with my average at best statement

WvuIN02

Starter
He started 8 games, and did well when he started. Easily had the best hands on the team.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.everydayhealth.com/colum...r-recovery-from-a-gunshot-wound-to-the-brain/

The Outlook for Recovery From a Gunshot Wound to the Brain
By Keith Black, MD

When it comes to gunshot wounds to the brain, no two situations are alike. Generally, a bullet that passes through both the left and right hemispheres of the brain will cause more damage than a bullet that’s path is confined to one side of the brain.

The situation is similar to that of a twin-engine plane that has lost one engine versus one that has blown both. Additionally, the chance of survival and positive recovery is greater if the bullet has not injured deep brain structures such as the brain stem and thalamus.

These portions of the brain are crucial to basic body functions, including processing and relaying sensory information, and regulating heartbeat and breathing.

The left side of the brain controls vision, language, and the ability to move the right side of the body, among other things. People with traumatic brain injury to the left hemisphere may have difficulty reading, speaking, and understanding speech. The right side of the brain is responsible for spatial perception and movement of the left side of the body.

Injury to the right brain hemisphere may result in difficulties determining spatial relationships (for example, how far away an object is or how fast it’s moving). But each patient and injury is unique, and the extent of recovery depends on many factors.

It is possible to resume a near-normal life after surviving a gunshot wound to the head. Destroyed brain cells will not re-grow, but some cells that may have been shocked – but did not die – will try to take over the functions lost by neighboring destroyed cells and make new neural connections.

Stem cells in the brain can also regenerate some tissue. I’ve had patients who have been shot in the head and, after several months of recovery, were able to eventually return to work and life with minor disruption. But I must emphasize again that every gunshot patient is unique.

jap

Legend
With an accurate QB, Sted would have probably started given is superlative hands and route running. He does not have outstanding speed like former roommate, Tavon, but he gets just enough open and is tough enough that an accurate QB like Jared should find him repeatedly.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
In my non medical expert opinion he's probably going to have a hard time getting cleared especially considering the possible guilt a doctor might feel if something tragic would happen to him after being cleared. With that said, it only takes one so I wouldnt be too surprised to see him find someone to clear him, but that's still only half the battle.

He would still need to find a team to give him a shot, and considering he has played in 2+ years and even then was a average starter at best, I don't think teams will be lining up at the door for him. Not to mention he would still then need to be cleared by the teams doctors too. Needless to say he's got a lot of hurdles to overcome, but I admire is perseverance and determination
I get what you're saying, but a doctor's potential feeling of guilt should not have any factor at all in the decision process. At this point in time, any doctor should advise against anybody playing football. Obviously, that isn't going to happen anytime soon. If Bailey is medically cleared, emotions aside, to play football and it is his desire and choice to play football, then he should be allowed to do so. Personally, I hope he gets a shot at a comeback. I love the guy's attitude and work ethic. He's a great example for people.

Good luck Stedman! I hope you can fulfill your dreams!