Stats show that the Rams are doing things the hard way.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Except in the Seahawk game the Rams have gotten away from the run in the 2nd half. Coordinators are seeing this and dialing up the pressure. Screens and runs are needed.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
The last 3 games Stafford was under a lot more pressure in the second half than the first half. My guess is, DC's know the Rams aren't very good at handling a heavier pass rush. Even when healthy our line may not even be average. Worse when the injuries hit.
Plus, other teams know McVay is not gonna change personnel groupings (12 Personel??) at least occasionally to help out the OLine.

Bootleg

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And, as a result, the Rams have not started a single drive on the opponent’s side of the 50 yard line all year.
I believe I speak for everyone when I say, "Holy Guacamole!"

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Here are some Rams team offensive stats (and league rankings) that are encouraging:

Yards/Drive: 35.7 (7th)
Time/Drive: 3:06 (4th)
Points/Drive: 2.22 (9th)\
Scoring Drive %: 45.1 (6th)
Thats impressive out of 32 teams all within the top 10. I feel differently because we are pulling this off with a supposedly crappy OL. Perhaps we are sandbagging this season.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Thats impressive out of 32 teams all within the top 10. I feel differently because we are pulling this off with a supposedly crappy OL. Perhaps we are sandbagging this season.
Sandbagging? Nah it's called having the most starting rookies on any team.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Sandbagging? Nah it's called having the most starting rookies on any team.
Sorry my “perhaps” should of been the queue for blue font. Seriously Rookies that are still performing top 10 is amazing. Meaning we are heading toward dynasty stage. So I hope.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Previous 3 years average starting point of drives:

2022: 26.6
2021: 28.0
2020: 27.9

Not great, but significantly better than this year’s 25.5.

And, yes… 22.4 ppg ranks 15th (which is a lot better than last year’s 18.1/tied for 26th).

Less than 3 yards at most but yeah. 25.5 sucks. Can a brother start at the 35 for once jeez.

Scoring down this year as a whole it feels like.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Rams are a passing team. If you look at our Super Bowl run the running game was an after thought. Good news is McVay is using the ground game in the Red Zone, except for the Bengal game of course.
One of the staples of the Offense is the Empty set, and that's not going to change.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
The last 3 games Stafford was under a lot more pressure in the second half than the first half. My guess is, DC's know the Rams aren't very good at handling a heavier pass rush. Even when healthy our line may not even be average. Worse when the injuries hit.
i agree with what you are saying but i don't understand is why Mcvay doesn't change thing up. instead, he just keeps doing the same things over and over again. like we either send our running back out on pass routes or move him right up next to the line like they know a blitz is coming right where we move him and we are almost always wrong. if we are getting killed by the blitz i think we should move a tight end to a full back position. if we have Kupp, puka and Atwell i think we could hold the running back and tight end in to help with blocking. just my opinion i could be wrong.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Man... imagine if the Rams had more short fields to work with like they did in the past. I'm thinking the averages have to sway in their favor at some point so more turnovers may be incoming. Can't be much worse.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Here are some Rams team offensive stats (and league rankings) that are encouraging:

Yards/Drive: 35.7 (7th)
Time/Drive: 3:06 (4th)
Points/Drive: 2.22 (9th)\
Scoring Drive %: 45.1 (6th)

So why are the Rams not scoring more? They rank 15th with 22.4 points/game.

My answer: they’re doing it the hard way. The average starting point of a Rams drive this year is the 25.5 yard line. That ranks 30th in the NFL.

Why? Well, there are some clear reasons:

First, the Rams are tied for having the second fewest forced turnovers in the NFL with only 3. They are also 31st in the NFL in punt return average (5.1 yards/return) and kickoff return average (14.7 yards/return). And, as a result, the Rams have not started a single drive on the opponent’s side of the 50 yard line all year.

Add to that the fact that, while the Rams have had a good number of “chunk plays” in the passing game, they’ve only had two runs of 20 yards or more (22 by Tutu Atwell and 20 by Kyren Williams), and have not had a scoring play of over 22 yards.

The Rams are doing things the hard way.

There’s some hope here, though…

If the Rams can force some turnovers and get some short scoring drives (it seems like it is only a matter of time before that happens), that could allow the Rams to score more easily, and more total points. I also expect to see the Rams break some longer scoring plays, particularly with Cooper Kupp back in the fold.

Let’s see some easy scoring drives!
Big factor is opponent that gets lost in the translation. The numbers will skew better over the next block of 5 games.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bro really knocked him out? Dang thats savage…
That's what I was thinking! Have you ever seen something like this on the NFL level or even college? I could see this maybe in some high school shit a decade ago.