St. Louis Rams' Projected Roster/Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Quick question about the Practice Squad.

Let's say we have a guy on the squad that gets an offer from another team. Do we have the right to move said player to the active roster first? (Obviously we'd need to cut someone to do it)

I think the obvious answer is "yes"?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
We obviously have a different opinion of "The Great" Thad Lewis. I just don't think that was as huge of a loss as you do. If Thad Lewis would still have been here, and he was the guy summoned to rescue this team once Bradford and Feeley went down, the results would have been the same. He has had opportunities with two very QB needy franchises, and proved to be adequate at best.

And to compare this situation to 2011, is a stretch at best. There are no "Pat Shurmer's lurking in the weeds just waiting to snake Gilbert from our Practice Squad.

Agreed I'm not standing up for Lewis although I did like the kid and BTW he won a few games for the Bills. It comes down to roster management. Fisher does a much better job of this and this was one of the major areas where Spagnuolo failed.

I know in the end we both want the best players to make the final 53 and if that means keeping an extra offensive lineman or defensive lineman who has some upside I am all for it. Also I concur with your assessment that you suffer more injuries on the lines so keeping an extra body is a plus.

But I will root for Garret Gilbert because right now he's the only Ram signal caller that can actually run!;)

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Quick question about the Practice Squad.

Let's say we have a guy on the squad that gets an offer from another team. Do we have the right to move said player to the active roster first? (Obviously we'd need to cut someone to do it)

I think the obvious answer is "yes"?

Actually the player has the option I believe, he can accept going on to the current roster if the teams decides or he can move on if he feels the opportunity is better. Last year the Rams tried to sign Ryan Griffin off the Saints practice squad, however, the Saints made a move so they could activate Griffin to theirs. In the end it was Griffin's decision where he wanted to go, but being that he played at Tulane and Asshole Face selling him on being the heir apparent to Brees Griffin stayed in New Orleans which IMO was too bad for the Rams.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Don't worry, I think DaveFan is drunk too. Who the hell is Matthew Brodine? Who the hell is Michael Westbrooks? Van Dyk making the team right off the bat? Put down the scotch DaveFan haha.
I find you Highly Insulting!! I don't drink! and if you don't know who these players are you don't belong here!!

MrMotes

Starter
Disagree on QB, IMO, after last year Rams keep three just a hunch unless Gilbert pulls a Joe Germaine. My goodness this Roberson kid must be good because I didn't think anything good was coming out of the University of Florida under Will Muschump regime.

Personally, i jut can't see the sense in using a valuable roster spot on a 3rd string QB. Use it on someone with more to contribute, like on special teams...

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
I don't see Wagoner being off by very much. I'm curious to see what happens at safety

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Personally, i jut can't see the sense in using a valuable roster spot on a 3rd string QB. Use it on someone with more to contribute, like on special teams...

True unless the third QB lights it up in preseason and you see him as a number 2 guy the following year. Hey as long as the Rams keep a QB on t PS I am okay with 2, however, everyone keeps acting like the guy that is kept is going to contribute, but most likely he won't even dress.

MrMotes

Starter
True unless the third QB lights it up in preseason and you see him as a number 2 guy the following year. Hey as long as the Rams keep a QB on t PS I am okay with 2, however, everyone keeps acting like the guy that is kept is going to contribute, but most likely he won't even dress.

Right, on the not dressing part, but he still keeps another player off of the 53 man roster who could dress and contribute. More and more teams are carrying 2 QB's now for this reason. It's a competitive league. I want the 53 that give me the best chance to win. Carrying a 3rd QB doesn't do that...

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Right, on the not dressing part, but he still keeps another player off of the 53 man roster who could dress and contribute. More and more teams are carrying 2 QB's now for this reason. It's a competitive league. I want the 53 that give me the best chance to win. Carrying a 3rd QB doesn't do that...

I agree as long as they keep one for the PS unlike last season.

MrMotes

Starter
I agree as long as they keep one for the PS unlike last season.

I have no problem with that. And as much as it seemed like we got caught short handed last year, what really happened? Bradford got hurt, Clemens came in, did fairly well and we found another backup. Carrying two worked.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I have no problem with that. And as much as it seemed like we got caught short handed last year, what really happened? Bradford got hurt, Clemens came in, did fairly well and we found another backup. Carrying two worked.

Good point still made me nervous, but have to give Clemens kudos and they ended keeping three after that until Quinn somehow got hurt never taking a snap in practice. I do feel much better with Hill as the number 2!