St. Louis Rams Mount Rushmore

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm pretty bad at this but this is mine.

upload_2015-6-30_15-13-58.png

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think I replace Warner with Bruce.
I say so for a variety of reasons.
Bruce was a big reason for Kurts success.
Even the SB victory was more about Bruce than Warner.
If Ike doesn't come back for the underthrown ball, snag it, make a move and race to the endzone, we don't win that game. Infact, that pass probably should have been picked off.... but Bruces greatness wouldn't let that happen.

Yeah I'm biased. He's my all time favorite player.

T-REX

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Two of these for sure! the others are debatable, ( after Jones and Olsen!) And you could have used a better Head shot of Deacon!:)

I agree but Deacon being in Honest Abe’s spot I was going for that long face look :D plus I should have moved ED with his rec specs into Teddy’s spot ;).

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I agree with the list. You have one if the best OL in Slater (one could argue Orlando Pace) you've got the best defensive player the best QB and the best RB. It's debatable, but not very.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yea, Warner doesn't make the list. Not even close.

1. Deacon Jones
2. Merlin Olsen
3. Faulk
4. Bruce

Those are the greatest Rams players in our history.

Warner would be on there before Dickerson, but neither played for the Rams long enough to make this list.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Very tough, like the choices though. Faulk, Slater, pace, Bruce, Hirch, Van Brocklin, etc

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

1. Deacon Jones
2. Merlin Olsen
3. Faulk
4. Bruce

Warner would be on there before Dickerson, but neither played for the Rams long enough to make this list.
This would be my personal pick too! But I'd try and stick a 5th face in their. Which would be JACKIE SLATER!!

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Deacon Jones
Jack Youngblood
Jackie Slater
Isaac Bruce

*All jersey #s retired.
*3 HOFers (+1 future).
*All different positions.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Deacon Jones
Jack Youngblood
Jackie Slater
Isaac Bruce

*All jersey #s retired.
*3 HOFers (+1 future).
*All different positions.
I like your thinking. BUT Keep in mind Jack Youngblood and Deacon Both played LDE, and Merlin Played DT and his Number is Retired, and he's in the H of F Too!!;)

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Deacon and Merlin are the two greatest Rams ever. That really isn't debatable.

It's after those 2 that we have some dissention. If you guys don't have Deacon and Merlin....sorry your lists are not valid :sneaky:

T-REX

Rams On Demand Sponsor

1. Deacon Jones
2. Merlin Olsen
3. Faulk
4. Bruce

You're list is great, I agree.

I love Marshall as much as anyone and he helped in bringing home the Lombardi but he too didn’t play that long as a RAM (7 years) to ED’s (5 years) and you could throw out the last season for both so it could be (6) and (4) but if you average it all out, MF (99 games) (14 games per season) (994 rushing yards per season). ED (65 games) (13 games per season) (1449 rushing yards per season). I can’t find ED ‘s receiving numbers right now but he was no slouch in that department either. MF was off the charts as a receiver we all know that. I’m partial to ED only because he played in my time era, we’re the same age in fact, but you can’t go wrong with Marshall being up on the mountain that’s for sure. IMO Warner gets on just for his fairytale story alone, that should be made into a movie one day on top of being nothing less than great for the time he had with the RAMS. JMO

RickSmith

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Deacon and Merlin are the two greatest Rams ever. That really isn't debatable.

It's after those 2 that we have some dissention. If you guys don't have Deacon and Merlin....sorry your lists are not valid :sneaky:

With so many legendary Rams, I can see why some people don't want to use half of the space on the Fearsome Foursome alone.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With so many legendary Rams, I can see why some people don't want to use half of the space on the Fearsome Foursome alone.

I get that. But these two were BY FAR and away the best two Rams of all time.

Not to mention, when you have a unit labeled the fearsome foursome, I would hope at least half of that foursome would be good enough to make your rushmore.

We're doing the foursome a disservice by not including them.

Warner and ED have no place in this type of thing.

If you want to talk best players to ever play for the Rams, or best seasons, they could be 1-2. But they can't be the greatest Rams of all time, playing 5 seasons or less with the team. I put Marshall on the list in spite of his relatively short tenure with the Rams because I believe he was a better all around player than both Warner and ED, he played longer, and he retired a Ram.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
THIS DEBATE COULD GO ON FOREVER! So keep in mind we ONLY have 71 more days until the New season starts and we will need to change our focus!!!!:LOL:

T-REX

Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the RAMS need their own mountain....Mount Morerams...

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
I like your thinking. BUT Keep in mind Jack Youngblood and Deacon Both played LDE, and Merlin Played DT and his Number is Retired, and he's in the H of F Too!!;)
Aw crap you're right I was thinking Jack played linebacker but that was Jim. That's the whole reason why I didn't have Olsen haha. I am only 19 you know, never got to see any of those guys except Bruce play. In that case I'd like to switch out Youngblood with Olsen.