St. Louis Rams Mount Rushmore

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RickSmith

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think the RAMS need their own mountain....Mount Morerams...

Perhaps an LA Rams Mount Rushmore and a St. Louis Rams Mount Rushmore would be better! Definitely could use the 8 slots haha

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Is it just me and my homerism, or do the RAMS have several more legendary players than most other teams?

The only other team that comes close (without research) is the Bears.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Warner.... have no place in this type of thing.

He was the face of the franchise when the Rams reached new heights of prosperity. Kurt and the Rams were THE sports story of 1999, he's one of the most recognizable Rams ever.

The only Ram to win two MVPs, a Super Bowl MVP, QB two Super Bowls and one win.....yeah, his tenure wasn't as long as others but Abe Lincoln wasn't President as long as the other three either.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Perhaps an LA Rams Mount Rushmore and a St. Louis Rams Mount Rushmore would be better! Definitely could use the 8 slots haha
Does each Team get Half of 'BRUUUUCE'!?!:ROFLMAO: I WOULD BE COMFORTABLE TAKING WHAT L.A. HAS PRODUCED!!

Big Willie

Starter
I look at it this way...

The one person I want with me in a fight?
  • Jack Youngblood
Offensive player that changes the game?
  • Marshall, Marshall, Marshall
Who do I want to lead my team?
  • Kurt Warner
Wild card player that will help me dominate?
  • The Deacon

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I love Kurt. Good guy, great story, good QB. Two league MVPs, awesome. QB'd the Rams to our only superbowl win.

Had he not had so much success in Arizona, he wouldn't even be in consideration for the hall of fame. He might not make it anyways.

He played 16 games in a season 3 times in his career. He only played in 124 games, only 53 of those were for the Rams. That's barely more than 3 full seasons. His 32000 passing yards and 208 TDs would be accomplished by Peyton Manning in 7 years. Peyton has now played twice as long.

Kurt probably isn't the best QB in Rams history going back to Norm Van Brocklin and Waterfield.

And yet we're putting him in the top 4 of all time Rams?? He played more games with other teams than he did the Rams. He played more games with a division rival than he did the Rams.

A case could actually be made for him to not be on a St. Louis only Rams rushmore: SJ, Marshall, Torry, Ike

Maybe there are a lot of fans that only started liking the Rams during the GSOT era...but even if that's the case, there are so many Rams more deserving of this than Kurt.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Mine is strictly a St.Louis Rams Mt. Rushmore simply because I didn't watch any LA Rams.

Faulk, Warner, Pace, Bruce.

Hard to leave off Holt...

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Is it just me and my homerism, or do the RAMS have several more legendary players than most other teams?

The only other team that comes close (without research) is the Bears.

What about 49ers, Steeler, Cowboys off the top of my head?

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Sure. That's why I said "most".

Steelers and Cowboys are a given IMO. Though I feel like the sheer number of 'Boys fans have over inflated the greatness of some.

The Cowboys of the 90s and 9ers of the 80s remind me a little of the Pats of the 2000s. The amount of wins and SBs probably SLIGHTLY influence the overall estimation of those players.

Like I said though. I'm a homer.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I didn't save it, But not very long ago someone post a pie chart showing the Teams with the MOST Players in the Hall of Fame: * #? - Steelers (16)
* #? - Rams (14)
I don't recall were the 49ers & Cowboys Placed ( Less than the Rams!). But I don't believe they were close!

DOES ANYONE OUT THEIR REMEMBER THIS CHART AND HAVE IT!?!

Last edited:

tempests

Hall of Fame
A case could actually be made for him to not be on a St. Louis only Rams rushmore: SJ, Marshall, Torry, Ike

No one would take that seriously.

He played more games with other teams than he did the Rams. He played more games with a division rival than he did the Rams.

53 of those were for the Rams.

For a Rams memorial, those 53 are the only ones that matter.

You seem oddly hung up on longevity. I'm not suggesting Tommy McDonald go up there.

Prior to the AFL-NFL merger, the league was only half as big as it is now. Those 60s and 70s Ram teams didn't have to deal with a salary cap, free agency or 31 other teams raiding the draft pool. If they did, at least a few defensive stars of the past might well have left at age 25, like London Fletcher did.

Kurt would go up on a Rams Mt. Rushmore because his star shone more brightly than most.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I didn't save it, But not very long ago someone post a pie chart showing the Teams with the MOST Players in the Hall of Fame: * #? - Steelers (16)
* #? - Rams (14)
I don't recall were the 49ers & Cowboys Placed ( Less than the Rams!). But I don't believe they were close!

DOES ANYONE OUT THEIR REMEMBER THIS CHART AND HAVE IT!?!
4awWUxe.jpg

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
:huh:

Looking at this chart I don’t know if I should be impressed or depressed. Look at the teams with multiple Super Bowl victories that the RAMS are ahead of on this list. What does that say :confused:? For me it’s sort of depressing to see all that talent and only 1 ring in 3 appearances. You look at teams like the Cowboys 5 rings 8 appearances, the Giants 4 rings 5 appearances, 49ers 5 rings 6 appearances, Packers 4 rings 5 appearances, Patriots 4 rings 8 appearances, I could keep going…dare I say underachievers…:sick::mad: :huh::notsure::seizure:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
:huh:

Looking at this chart I don’t know if I should be impressed or depressed. Look at the teams with multiple Super Bowl victories that the RAMS are ahead of on this list. What does that say :confused:? For me it’s sort of depressing to see all that talent and only 1 ring in 3 appearances. You look at teams like the Cowboys 5 rings 8 appearances, the Giants 4 rings 5 appearances, 49ers 5 rings 6 appearances, Packers 4 rings 5 appearances, Patriots 4 rings 8 appearances, I could keep going…dare I say underachievers…:sick::mad: :huh::notsure::seizure:
If you look closely at our SB Loses, One was against a Really tough ball buster of a Steeler Team! ( should HAVE WON! ) and the other was against a Team that CHEATED! AND EVERYONE KNOWS IT!!
Don't feel too Bad, we're coming back this year with a vengeance!!(y):D

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No one would take that seriously.

For a Rams memorial, those 53 are the only ones that matter.

You seem oddly hung up on longevity. I'm not suggesting Tommy McDonald go up there.

Prior to the AFL-NFL merger, the league was only half as big as it is now. Those 60s and 70s Ram teams didn't have to deal with a salary cap, free agency or 31 other teams raiding the draft pool. If they did, at least a few defensive stars of the past might well have left at age 25, like London Fletcher did.

Kurt would go up on a Rams Mt. Rushmore because his star shone more brightly than most.

You're right, nobody would take the STL Ram rushmore seriously without Kurt. I was just making the point that the Rams have had SO many great players, Kurt doesn't make a Rams all time rushmore.

Either people aren't taking all the all time greats into account, or only started watching football when the Rams came to STL.

I'm not oddly hung up on longevity, but when there are so many great players, it should be taken into account

tempests

Hall of Fame
I was just making the point that the Rams have had SO many great players, Kurt doesn't make a Rams all time rushmore.

Then you should list the players that are. SJ, Holt, and Bruce don't make it for me.

Either people aren't taking all the all time greats into account, or only started watching football when the Rams came to STL.

Neither of those things is true for me. I don't want to start a thing here, but you're being condescending when you say that. Because I believe Kurt has a real good case to be up there, doesn't mean I'm ignorant of LA Ram history.

it should be taken into account

Take it into account, but don't make it the determining factor.

It occurs to me I haven't put my Ram Rushmore up yet. I believe the players who best represented what the Rams were about at the most significant points in their history should be up there.

1949-1955(4 NFL championship games) - Norm Van Brocklin
1966-1970 (George Allen era)- Deacon Jones
1973-1979 (seven consecutive division championships)- Jack Youngblood
1999-2003 (Greatest Show On Turf) - Kurt Warner